Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be interested in purchashing a banner if Stern makes them?”

• Yes 85 votes
      64%
    • No 22 votes
      17%
    • I like pizza 26 votes
      20%

(133 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82FD8938-570B-4D73-8C4A-D65AC7FFC771 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I have seen people trying to get these banners for their game rooms and there seems to be a lot of demand recently. Should Stern make these banners and sell them? I think so, why not? It is free advertising for Stern and they could make a marginal profit as well. Give the people what they want and make some banners Stern. People are always looking for something to hang on their game room walls and these banners are colorful and cool. If Stern decides to sell them, they should do well.

Would you be interested in purchasing any of these banners for your game room?

(Pics of pinsider game room with banners) ***EDIT Pinsider asked to remove photos, does not like being accused of obtaining stolen banners?

#2 5 years ago

I could see the trendy barcades hanging one of these in the window for a bit when they receive a new release, or hanging one for a yet to be released game to pre-advertise its arrival. I personally do not have much wall space available for something like that...my basement walls all have pins in front of them.

#3 5 years ago

Why not. More promotion the better.

#4 5 years ago

With the prices of NIB machines, they should come free with the machine!!

#5 5 years ago

They would have to get permission in the licensing to sell banners with the licensed art on them. Probably at an extra fee.

The banners I wish they'd sell are the playfield schematic ones hanging in the rafters at the factory.

#6 5 years ago

Do people only want them because they are not available to the public? Kind of like a secret club.....

#7 5 years ago

At Dixon Pin-a-go-go many people asked about buying the Banners they had against the back wall! Answer is YES!!!!

#8 5 years ago

Yes i would buy some.

#9 5 years ago

Well I can’t afford the games so a nice banner would look pretty good hanging on the wall.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

With the prices of NIB machines, they should come free with the machine!!

This ^^^, or at least a darn game flyer!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I personally do not have much wall space available for something like that...my basement walls all have pins in front of them.

I'm in the same boat right now. But, I think it's be great to have other art/wall decorations available.

#12 5 years ago

I think it would be a good idea for Stern to offer banners for sale as well. The do need a bigger game room, but they look bad-ass!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They would have to get permission in the licensing to sell banners with the licensed art on them. Probably at an extra fee.
    The banners I wish they'd sell are the playfield schematic ones hanging in the rafters at the factory.

Everything is licensed, everyone wants their piece of the pie

#15 5 years ago

Looks like they make multiple banners, this one it completely different to the BM66 banner in OPs post.

82FD8938-570B-4D73-8C4A-D65AC7FFC771 (resized).jpeg82FD8938-570B-4D73-8C4A-D65AC7FFC771 (resized).jpeg
    #16 5 years ago

Once Stern put a price on the banners I am sure the bitching would begin

make your own and sell as mods https://www.vistaprint.com/signs-posters/banners?couponAutoload=1&GP=10%2f15%2f2018+11%3a56%3a27&GPS=5195075359&GNF=0

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Once Stern put a price on the banners I am sure the bitching would begin
    make your own and sell as mods https://www.vistaprint.com/signs-posters/banners?couponAutoload=1&GP=10%2f15%2f2018+11%3a56%3a27&GPS=5195075359&GNF=0

Not a good idea to pirate someone else's art and logos for your own financial gain.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

(Pics of RebelGuitars game room with banners)
    [quoted image]

so that's where all of the stolen marco banners ended up

edit: this post was meant a joke. I'm sorry that RebelGuitars inferred that I was being serious about stealing marco's banners (your banners don't even have their logo on them)

#19 5 years ago

I think that's what makes it cool to see them hanging in the game room, they are NOT that easy to come by!! If they were for sale, it would be too easy, and I would rather save the $$ for more games or other gameroom type memorabilia.

Now I do like the idea of maybe including a banner with the purchase of a premium or LE. Kind of sweeten the deal. Then those that don't want them, could sell them to other pinheads at shows or in the marketplace. (kind of like the alternate translights and such.)

#20 5 years ago

Yes!!!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Not a good idea to pirate someone else's art and logos for your own financial gain.

this lot have been at it for years. they do banners too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BATMAN-66-pinball-translite-backglass-new-POSTER-PRINT-LARGE/202470098117?hash=item2f242884c5:g:BPIAAOSwsZJbPino:rk:40:pf:0

#22 5 years ago

At the request of a fellow pinsider I have removed the photos of game room with Stern Promotional banners, evidently he is being accused or joked about having stolen merchandise?

Always drama on Pinside-These are the days of our lives.

#23 5 years ago

I'd like to have them for Stern games I have in my business or get in the future. To use in my business.

LTG : )

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd like to have them for Stern games I have in my business or get in the future. To use in my business.

I agree, it would be a good combo to have some advertising for operators. Like someone previously stated, it would be good to hang in a window or something for advertisement. Honestly it is kinda a no brainer for me. Why would Stern not want people to have huge colorful advertising banners? I also agree it would be cool to include them as part of a NIB purchase. They have included extra translights, plastic sets, etc, so why not promotional banners? If they were to sell them I think a price point of $29.99 would be feasible. If I was in the marketing department for Stern-I would look into this. If they already have the rights for the machine production it should also include advertising materials as part of the licensing rights agreement. Stern store should carry T-Shirts, Hats, and Banners. Make it so

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

If they were to sell them I think a price point of $29.99 would be feasible. If I was in the marketing department for Stern-I would look into this. If they already have the rights for the machine production it should also include advertising materials as part of the licensing rights agreement. Stern store should carry T-Shirts, Hats, and Banners. Make it so

We're talking about Stern here. You forgot to put a 1 in front. $129.99

#26 5 years ago

It would be great, but it would be a nightmare to manage for the licensed properties. If it was just all original stuff then yeah it would be awesome. But Stern doesn't have their own IP. They are beholden to the license owners, and man this would be a lot of money just for some fancy banners. Better to just bootleg it, so to speak.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

We're talking about Stern here. You forgot to put a 1 in front. $129.99

Pinsider's will be lined up to by them at that price still. $1.5K by xmas.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It would be great, but it would be a nightmare to manage for the licensed properties

Not really. The content has already been approved as promotional materials. It's not all that far away from being a salable product. It may just need some minor adjustments to differentiate it (such as the addition of all the usual fine print copyright noticies), but other that, I don't see why it couldn't happen unless someone is specifically opposed to it.

Promo materials for movies are often times reworked and put on shelves in Walmart.

#29 5 years ago

I'd buy them.

1 week later
    #31 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Are you kidding mods have been doing it for yr's

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Are you kidding mods have been doing it for yr's

This isn't the same as a mod. People taking original machine artwork and putting it on a banner without modification for profit is not a hill I would want to die on. I'm pretty sure Stern and the original IP folks have much better lawyers than you. Do you really want to risk it? Because it does happen in other industries. All it takes is one competitor to turn you in.

#33 5 years ago

They were available at expo for $90 each without the stand.

#34 5 years ago

I read this as bananas... Stern should sell bananas.

8 months later
    #35 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I agree, it would be a good combo to have some advertising for operators. Like someone previously stated, it would be good to hang in a window or something for advertisement. Honestly it is kinda a no brainer for me. Why would Stern not want people to have huge colorful advertising banners? I also agree it would be cool to include them as part of a NIB purchase. They have included extra translights, plastic sets, etc, so why not promotional banners? If they were to sell them I think a price point of $29.99 would be feasible. If I was in the marketing department for Stern-I would look into this. If they already have the rights for the machine production it should also include advertising materials as part of the licensing rights agreement. Stern store should carry T-Shirts, Hats, and Banners. Make it so

LOL to get a good quality sign made would be around $50

#36 4 years ago

I came across this today I suspect it is not a stern product ebay.com link: rachaels_21

#37 4 years ago

I wonder where they managed to get the artwork (unless it was the company that stern contracted out at one time
    they look like the official ones, just way overpriced

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-stern-make-banners-for-sale?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.