(Topic ID: 257778)

Should Spooky Make More Rick and Morty? (If they could)

By SantaEatsCheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lounge
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Spooky Make More Than 750 Rick And Morty (If Allowed)”

• Yes 64 votes
    32%
  • No 133 votes
    68%

(197 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B7546A54-578D-41C6-8659-2425E93187B3 (resized).png
3jzr7c (resized).jpg
8E916C57-5B80-4E19-BA17-1EE9DF14BC6A (resized).jpeg
D577F15E-1B5B-4F6B-82C6-A65E1A84B175 (resized).jpeg
219ea97e423e3d202df9a78b5d06093e479283c1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alwaysbrokenpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Assuming the licensor allowed for more Rick and Morty production
[quoted image]

NO licensor wants less money for their franchise. That 750 was clearly determined by Spooky. Go in to any pop culture store and you will see Rick & Morty merch everywhere.

Will Spooky make more? If they want to capitalizes on the best license they have ever had they will. The demand for a Rick & Morty pin is probably 4 times 750 if not more.

#21 4 years ago

Rick and Morty is an incredibly popular license property as proven by a 2 day sellout of the pinball, a 2 hour sellout of the project pinball auction and a dozen threads on pinside in the past day or so.

The concept that Spooky would limit some thing like Rick & Morty to the same run as Alice Cooper is utterly laughable.

Congrats to everyone that won the Spooky pre-pay lottery. Spooky's inability to understand the value of the license / inability to fill the marketing demands has doubled a $1000 reserve space value in 24 hours. Might end up being worth $3k when they begin shipping.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Four times? Why not eight times?
or maybe 20 times?!?!?!

I agree. How about they shoot for a production of 20,271 and knock Addams Family out of the running for most produced pinball machine?

Heaven forbid they aim high and make a great profit simultaneously filling marketing demands; then reinvest that profit into their company and be able to produce better products and acquire a new properties.

You know who doesn't want them to do that? Jersey Jack and Stern.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I don't think you understand the cash,risk and logistics involved in ramping up production like this! It's not a smart move at all for spooky. They are playing it safe and not being greedy and having fun. And for that I respect them.

And I don't thing you understand what profit is if you immediately equate it with greed. There is playing it safe and there is playing it stupid. Do you think it was safe move to move forward on Alice Cooper pinball machine? Personally I am not seeing limiting your profit margin by 1/2 and pissing off hundreds of people that will be forced to the secondary market if they want your product as a "safe move". They will have constant cash as pins are built and released to build further units; and likely have more in their account today than they ever have... so investment cash is should not be a factor.

What is with people and the concept that profit is Greed? How about meeting basic marketing demands for the hobby? 750 sold out in a day? If you think profit is greed man will you have plenty of opportunities to lecture people on "greed" when they are flipping their reserve spots at $2-2.5k. (<-- and don't get me wrong God bless those capitalistic bastards that see a clear profit opportunity and take it.)

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Spooky kind of blew it. They should have done similar to Woz. Bloodsucker version, then blue blood or something version. Charlie left a lot of money on the table. Could have made 2500 units easy, would take 3 years, but would sell.

I agree 100%. Ricky & Morty will be around in 3 years and still be a cult classic.

A two week ago announcement, immediate 1 day sellout, a reserve spot sales beginning a week before Christmas (when everyone is either short on cash or distracted by the holiday.) I have a lot of respect for the Spooky folks, but I respectfully think there were a few pretty major poor decisions in this launch.

Congrats to everyone who got a spot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 28.00
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alwaysbrokenpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-spooky-make-more-rick-and-morty-if-they-could?tu=alwaysbrokenpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.