(Topic ID: 48898)

Should RUSH be the next music pin?

By kidpinballwizard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should RUSH be the next music pin?”

• YES YES YES 65 votes
      43%
    • No rush sucks 79 votes
      52%
    • Wait Ii thought the singer a girl 8 votes
      5%

(152 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rush5.jpg
    rush4.jpg
    rush3.jpg
    rush2.jpg
    rush1.jpg
    rush_logo_wallpaper-normal5_4.jpg
    image.jpg
    bestofthebeast_Iron_Maiden_Album_Artwo.jpg
    image.jpg
    hemispheres-cover.jpg
    RUSHCOLLAGE.jpg
    zz.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 10 years ago

I am a fan of Rush, but man their concerts suck. I wanted to leave early so bad. A 3hr show with music no one wants to hear. They should have kept the show half as long with the songs they are known for and it would/could have been a great show.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

this is sarcasm, right?

Not at all. I saw them at the United Center a year ago/year and a half ago. 8 of us went and none of us thought it was a good show. Seriously 3-3 1/2 hrs of Rush? I know I am not going to get a great response about this in a Rush pinball thread, but I have to say we were all disappointed it. Playing crap that was new, come on Rush, your time has come and gone, stick to the stuff we all have grown to love you for. They wouldn't even deserve to open for Roger Waters given the performance we saw. Roger Waters puts on a show, even in the United Center.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Who else did you expect at a Rush concert? LOL

I expected quality not quantity. It was just too long.

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Thank you for your informative anecdotal evidence from eight people obviously not that into Rush. I wouldn't leave if they played for 12 hours. It's literally amazing that they go for 3.5 hours, often on consecutive nights, at their age.
    And their latest album is one of their best, by the way.

I would say there are 5 out of the 8 of us that are into Rush. The thing is, Rush did not put on a good show, period. They could care less about acoustics or showmanship. We were not the only ones who thought it was boring and rediculous as there were plenty of people around us that got up and never returned. I also wouldn't quite say that it is amazing they still do what they are doing, impressive sure, not amazing. The last albulm was thier best? Your kidding right? Not only by the numbers is it not their best album the sound doesn't compare to thier old stuff.

Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^
    that's kinda like going to a springsteen concert (note: "concert", not "show", rush puts on shows, bruce puts on concerts) and bitching that they played for 4 hours and it was 2 hours too long, because they didn't play just MY favorite 6 or 7 songs and forget about everything else...

Its not about all the popular stuff, but when they play songs that the majority of the audience has heard once or never, it tends to kill the concert quick.

Bottom line is, they don't deserve a pinball machine, it would not be recieved well and it would be utterly boring. Neil Peart is the only thing they still have going for them.

#99 10 years ago

Metallica and AC/DC absolutely hit the mark when it comes to music pins, now lets not see another music pin for 5 years. Stern get some creativity. TBL would work.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

@inhome...
    you forget that the intent of "tours" is to promote the new album....
    no comment on the last sentence...

Indication that you agree that Neil Peart is the best thing they have going for them or a disagreement. You don't have to give a full explaination, just wondering if I am the only one who sees it that way.

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I disagree.
    And I really don't think being considered "mainsteam" is one of the main criteria for the selection process.
    If it was we'd have Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga pins.
    Boy they would really sell!
    lol
    You have to keep in mind who the main target audience is for these pins.
    It's primarily males ages 40-60. That's who they are targeting for two main reasons:
    1) They are the age group who grew up while pinball was still commercially relevant that are most-likely to be customers.
    2) They are the age group who is most likely to have $7,000 of disposable income to spend on a new pinball machine.
    Bands like Rush are of huge interest to this age group. Modern "mainstream" bands are of little to no interest to this age group.

Wrong, couldn't be more off the mark. Late twenties to late thirties have the cash and interest in these machines more than 40-60 age group. We have disposable income and grew up with modern pins not that em crap.

#121 10 years ago

Well, early 1990's were the height of the pin market, and those of us that were still in arcades at that time were between 10-20. Most individuals would now be 30-40. Now we can look at 25-40 as a large market for pins admirers and generally the younger groups will have the most disposable income. Actually overall 18-20 year olds have the most disposable income. Do a little bit of consumer research and this will be confirmed.

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

that's why the 40-50 year olds (their parents), don't

Nail on the head

#128 10 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

18-20 year olds have a larger amount of disposable income as compared to their base salary compared to their older counterparts, you are correct. However, they don't earn nearly as much as those who have degrees/experienced and who mostly have dual family incomes and most are working at slightly higher above minimum wage jobs in burger joints and gas stations. You might want to do your own research.

Quoted from ccotenj:

you might want to review your "consumer research"...

This is true, but I never said that 18-20 would buy these pins. What I state is that they have the highest disposable income which is 100% true. I stated that late 20's through 30's would be the best market because of their disposable income which would be young working professionals who make great money and are with out kids yet such as the 40 and up club. Also the majority of 40 and up club will not make what the late 20'-30's generation will in their lifetime and they should be focused on saving for their retirement. We all know pins are not the safe investment they should be loooking for. So no I will not review my consumer research, there is no need.

#131 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

instead, you will just continue to be wrong...
    fwiw, the time to start focussing on "saving for retirement" isn't in your 40's... if you start then, you've waited too long...
    pins are "toys", they are not investments...
    if you care to remain ignorant of the "facts", that's your problem, not ours....

What are you talking about? I never said that is when they should start saving for retirement. Those are the years when they should be maxing out their retirement. Talk to an investment company, the largest percentage of your retirement is placed into your plan during your 40-50's. Ideally you would start as soon as possible but as mentioned the sad fact is that most people do not do so and are forced to do so later in life.

I was saying that pins are an investment as a joke, a little bit of humor that wasn't detected obviously.

#133 10 years ago

Where exactly?

Quoted from ccotenj:^^^
    < sigh > you are contradicting yourself...
    oh well...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-rush-be-the-next-music-pin?tu=inhomearcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.