6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by inhomearcades
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should RUSH be the next music pin?”

• YES YES YES 64 votes
      42%
    • No rush sucks 79 votes
      52%
    • Wait Ii thought the singer a girl 8 votes
      5%

(151 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rush5.jpg
    rush4.jpg
    rush3.jpg
    rush2.jpg
    rush1.jpg
    rush_logo_wallpaper-normal5_4.jpg
    image.jpg
    bestofthebeast_Iron_Maiden_Album_Artwo.jpg
    image.jpg
    hemispheres-cover.jpg
    RUSHCOLLAGE.jpg
    zz.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

I attended the "Signals", "Grace Under Pressure", and "Power Windows" tours at the (it used to be called) Brendan Byrne Arena (Meadowlands, NJ).

Never a bad show amongst those tours BUT it has been 30 years. Good God where did the years go. LOL

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I would not Rush to get it. Great band yes but don't see it working for pinball or be as popular as others like an Iron Maiden.

Is this you? Sure sounds like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JK__uM_ArlE

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

@inhome...
    you forget that the intent of "tours" is to promote the new album....
    no comment on the last sentence...

Indication that you agree that Neil Peart is the best thing they have going for them or a disagreement. You don't have to give a full explaination, just wondering if I am the only one who sees it that way.

#104 6 years ago

The LE would sell out in an hour and distros would get their numbers cut last minute by a big influx of them being imported to Canada. I kid I kid. Anyways, I am a HUGE Rush fan. I mean HUGE Rush fan. I have seen them at least 8 or 9 times from Hold Your Fire '88 tour to Test for Echo tour in '96. Roll The Bones Tour in '91 was my favorite tour. They booed Les Claypool and Primus off the stage at Richfield Coliseum in Cleveland, OH. I have seen them enough in my life. As others have stated the years have not been kind to Geddy's voice. It was painful to watch Clockwork Angels footage.

Reasons not to make a Rush pinball...

*Most wives or family members are either not going to play it or go "WTF?"
    *Songs are too long.
    *They are a love em or hate em band. Most Rush haters state they cannot get past Geddy's voice.
    *This would have made a good early 80's Solid State pinball around 1981-1984 made by Bally or Williams during Rush's main heyday.
    *This machine would do horrible on location. Do you really think a bar crowd would want to listen to Rush songs blaring? AC/DC yes, they were songs that are mainstream and work awesome in a bar atmosphere. NOT Rush.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

*They are a love em or hate em band. Most Rush haters state they cannot get past Geddy's voice.

and yet there are other "popular" bands with singers who sound a bit like geddy (triumph and cohead and cambria come to mind)

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

*This machine would do horrible on location. Do you really think a bar crowd would want to listen to Rush songs blaring? AC/DC yes, they were songs that are mainstream and work awesome in a bar atmosphere. NOT Rush.

hehe. I used to put in .50 in the jukebox at a local dive bar where we were in a dart league just to play "in the end" by the doors and rush's "working man". the owners got so upset with the epic song lengths, that they actually started unplugging the machine on me

#106 6 years ago

I think I am going to be sick!

#107 6 years ago

Here's Rush just last month during their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (another reason why the timing for a Rush pinball release at this time makes sense).

The quality of this video isn't that great but the entire presentation is on HBO on May 5th.

Rush should have already been inducted IMO considering some of the others already in there, but better late than never.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jrkBA88tQsM

http://www.hbo.com/2013-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony/index.html

#108 6 years ago

its up to you guys to make the decsions on Sterns next pinball... I think Rush would be fun.. but not enough interest.. they just have a huge hardcore following just like pinball now but they def. haven't been mainstream since moving pictures came out

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from surfsled:

its up to you guys to make the decsions on Sterns next pinball... I think Rush would be fun.. but not enough interest.. they just have a huge hardcore following just like pinball now but they def. haven't been mainstream since moving pictures came out

I disagree.

And I really don't think being considered "mainsteam" is one of the main criteria for the selection process.

If it was we'd have Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga pins.

Boy they would really sell!

lol

You have to keep in mind who the main target audience is for these pins.

It's primarily males ages 40-60. That's who they are targeting for two main reasons:

1) They are the age group who grew up while pinball was still commercially relevant that are most-likely to be customers.

2) They are the age group who is most likely to have $7,000 of disposable income to spend on a new pinball machine.

Bands like Rush are of huge interest to this age group. Modern "mainstream" bands are of little to no interest to this age group.

#110 6 years ago

Rush is in 3rd place all-time behind the Beatles and Rolling Stones for consecutive gold and platinum albums by a band. That's 41 consecutive gold and platinum albums. Metallica had 11. AC/DC had 14. Rush has some of the most rabid fans in the world. Rush songs have over 2 Billion Youtube views. Rush has 2 million Facebook fans.

Stern or JJP would sell a lot of games. If the art, layout and rules are great, pinball players will buy it. Look at your collection. Would you really be excited about Congo, LAH, Cyclone, CV, WOZ, etc...purely as a theme. We all have games that are fun to play even if the theme doesn't knock our socks off.

I will take 2 LE's, please.

#111 6 years ago

Two billion views on YouTube?

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

Two billion views on YouTube?

That is fact. Over 100 million views for Tom Sawyer alone in various versions worldwide.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I disagree.
    And I really don't think being considered "mainsteam" is one of the main criteria for the selection process.
    If it was we'd have Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga pins.
    Boy they would really sell!
    lol
    You have to keep in mind who the main target audience is for these pins.
    It's primarily males ages 40-60. That's who they are targeting for two main reasons:
    1) They are the age group who grew up while pinball was still commercially relevant that are most-likely to be customers.
    2) They are the age group who is most likely to have $7,000 of disposable income to spend on a new pinball machine.
    Bands like Rush are of huge interest to this age group. Modern "mainstream" bands are of little to no interest to this age group.

Wrong, couldn't be more off the mark. Late twenties to late thirties have the cash and interest in these machines more than 40-60 age group. We have disposable income and grew up with modern pins not that em crap.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Wrong, couldn't be more off the mark. Late twenties to late thirties have the cash and interest in these machines more than 40-60 age group. We have disposable income and grew up with modern pins not that em crap.

Proof?

#115 6 years ago

Little OT, but has anyone seen that upcoming Rush movie trailer, directed by Ron Howard, unrelated to the band?

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinManV:

Iron Maiden. Nuff said. This should be the backglass by the way.

F'n A. Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Little OT, but has anyone seen that upcoming Rush movie trailer, directed by Ron Howard, unrelated to the band?

Just a touch OT

#118 6 years ago

When Rush first released Moving Pictures, I had the same feeling as when Metallica released the black album. That they were no longer making records for their long time fanbase.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When Rush first released Moving Pictures, I had the same feeling as when Metallica released the black album. That they were no longer making records for their long time fanbase.

Sure you're not thinking of Permanent Waves?

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure you're not thinking of Permanent Waves?

They were on there way, but most of Waves still had plenty of tradition left. Kind of like And Justice for All.

#121 6 years ago

Well, early 1990's were the height of the pin market, and those of us that were still in arcades at that time were between 10-20. Most individuals would now be 30-40. Now we can look at 25-40 as a large market for pins admirers and generally the younger groups will have the most disposable income. Actually overall 18-20 year olds have the most disposable income. Do a little bit of consumer research and this will be confirmed.

#122 6 years ago

18-20 year olds have the most disposable income

that's why the 40-50 year olds (their parents), don't

#123 6 years ago

I chose YES YES YES because I like the band, however I don't want that to be the next pin.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

that's why the 40-50 year olds (their parents), don't

Nail on the head

#125 6 years ago

Well, early 1990's were the height of the pin market, and those of us that were still in arcades at that time were between 10-20. Most individuals would now be 30-40. Now we can look at 25-40 as a large market for pins admirers and generally the younger groups will have the most disposable income. Actually overall 18-20 year olds have the most disposable income. Do a little bit of consumer research and this will be confirmed.

18-20 year olds have a larger amount of disposable income as compared to their base salary compared to their older counterparts, you are correct. However, they don't earn nearly as much as those who have degrees/experienced and who mostly have dual family incomes and most are working at slightly higher above minimum wage jobs in burger joints and gas stations. You might want to do your own research.

#126 6 years ago

you might want to review your "consumer research"...

#127 6 years ago

I love Rush. 2112 is one of my favorite albums of all time. It doesn't scream to me as a theme that should be done but with some creativity I am sure it could be made into a good pin. AC/DC turned out better than I could have imagined.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

18-20 year olds have a larger amount of disposable income as compared to their base salary compared to their older counterparts, you are correct. However, they don't earn nearly as much as those who have degrees/experienced and who mostly have dual family incomes and most are working at slightly higher above minimum wage jobs in burger joints and gas stations. You might want to do your own research.

Quoted from ccotenj:

you might want to review your "consumer research"...

This is true, but I never said that 18-20 would buy these pins. What I state is that they have the highest disposable income which is 100% true. I stated that late 20's through 30's would be the best market because of their disposable income which would be young working professionals who make great money and are with out kids yet such as the 40 and up club. Also the majority of 40 and up club will not make what the late 20'-30's generation will in their lifetime and they should be focused on saving for their retirement. We all know pins are not the safe investment they should be loooking for. So no I will not review my consumer research, there is no need.

#129 6 years ago

I'm into Rush songs from 20-30 years ago..
    Might also be able to just combine the whole genre...RUSH, PINK FLOYD, YES, ELP...
    into one machine
    PROG ROCK!

#130 6 years ago

This is true, but I never said that 18-20 would buy these pins. What I state is that they have the highest disposable income which is 100% true. I stated that late 20's through 30's would be the best market because of their disposable income which would be young working professionals who make great money and are with out kids yet such as the 40 and up club. Also the majority of 40 and up club will not make what the late 20'-30's generation will in their lifetime and they should be focused on saving for their retirement. We all know pins are not the safe investment they should be loooking for. So no I will not review my consumer research, there is no need.

instead, you will just continue to be wrong...

fwiw, the time to start focussing on "saving for retirement" isn't in your 40's... if you start then, you've waited too long...

pins are "toys", they are not investments...

if you care to remain ignorant of the "facts", that's your problem, not ours....

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

instead, you will just continue to be wrong...
    fwiw, the time to start focussing on "saving for retirement" isn't in your 40's... if you start then, you've waited too long...
    pins are "toys", they are not investments...
    if you care to remain ignorant of the "facts", that's your problem, not ours....

What are you talking about? I never said that is when they should start saving for retirement. Those are the years when they should be maxing out their retirement. Talk to an investment company, the largest percentage of your retirement is placed into your plan during your 40-50's. Ideally you would start as soon as possible but as mentioned the sad fact is that most people do not do so and are forced to do so later in life.

I was saying that pins are an investment as a joke, a little bit of humor that wasn't detected obviously.

#132 6 years ago

^^^

< sigh > you are contradicting yourself...

oh well...

#133 6 years ago

Where exactly?

Quoted from ccotenj:^^^
    < sigh > you are contradicting yourself...
    oh well...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside