(Topic ID: 48898)

Should RUSH be the next music pin?

By kidpinballwizard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should RUSH be the next music pin?”

• YES YES YES 65 votes
      43%
    • No rush sucks 79 votes
      52%
    • Wait Ii thought the singer a girl 8 votes
      5%

(152 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rush5.jpg
    rush4.jpg
    rush3.jpg
    rush2.jpg
    rush1.jpg
    rush_logo_wallpaper-normal5_4.jpg
    image.jpg
    bestofthebeast_Iron_Maiden_Album_Artwo.jpg
    image.jpg
    hemispheres-cover.jpg
    RUSHCOLLAGE.jpg
    zz.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry I meant to say... "I thought the singer was a girl" on my poll

#2 10 years ago

No, because then I would absolutely NEED to buy it!

#3 10 years ago

Only if there is a Bob and Doug Mackenzie mode....eh?

#4 10 years ago

I love Rush but it wouldn't make sense commercially. They have a dedicated fan base, but they're a very polarizing band overall.

Plus their current steampunk aesthetic would look terrible on a pin. In fact, most of their design over the years has been pretty terrible, 2112 being the exception.

#5 10 years ago

I voted no, but would like to say that they definitely don't suck. I just don't want that to be the next music pin. I'm on board with many who want to see Iron Maiden.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

Sorry I meant to say... "I thought the singer was a girl" on my poll

you also needed the, "damn, no way geddy looks THAT old..." option...

if it happens, "young rush" for artwork please... seeing them like in this pic would just make me feel old every time i looked at it...

as long as we are getting greedy... how about a series of rush pins? given the way their career discography has played out, you could easily have 4 or 5 "unique" themes...

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

you also needed the, "damn, no way geddy looks THAT old..." option...
    if it happens, "young rush" for artwork please... seeing them like in this pic would just make me feel old every time i looked at it...
    as long as we are getting greedy... how about a series of rush pins? given the way their career discography has played out, you could easily have 4 or 5 "unique" themes...

I agree with you it would be very hard to put all the years of Rush into one pin!

#8 10 years ago

Coming from a huge Rush fan, I would even say "No". Rush seems to lack a common theme that you could easily latch onto. They are all over the place. The music would have to come from the peak popularity in the 80-90's. Anything else from their music timeline would be either to complicated or too long, and would screw up your rythm while playing. Modern Rush loves complex passages frequently jumping time signatures.

Enough with the music pins. Someone make a haunted house remake! A modern version would be awesome.

#9 10 years ago

I wonder where that 3rd option came from???

#10 10 years ago

If it's moving pictures only yes.

#11 10 years ago

How about ZZ TOP

zz.jpgzz.jpg

#12 10 years ago

As long as the Rush backglass is not Hemispheres.

#13 10 years ago

YES YES YES

#14 10 years ago

Should it? Yes
    Will it? Doubtful.

#15 10 years ago

I would be all-in! here is some Rush artwork:

RUSHCOLLAGE.jpgRUSHCOLLAGE.jpg

#16 10 years ago

They could just do a "worst band in the entire world ever" machine and save money on licensing...

Err...I mean...their music is a bit polarizing?

Luke

#17 10 years ago

I would buy it but no it should not be one. There following is not that huge in the US obviously they have devoted fans. There songs are too long to be used for modes, they would have to be chopped up. Great idea but I bet we see Van Halen, Ozzy, Motley Crue and a few others first.

Just think about bands that were huge successes in metal and rock and there income lets say is not what it used to be. Those are the bands that will be next.

Pink Floyd and Led Zepellin and Hendrix would be amazing but I doubt anyone can secure these license because of cost and friction between family who owns the rights or between living bad members.

Iron Maiden is there next music pin and I will have my Trooper LE DAMNIT! Oh the cabinet of the translite, and Eddie being eddie all over the playfield. "done deal"

#18 10 years ago

people in europe don't want a rush pin, they want an iron maiden pin 8-)

#19 10 years ago

(I'm sure that the band members would agree since to this day, they still don't openly talk about the travesty that is the hemispheres cover

hemispheres-cover.jpghemispheres-cover.jpg

can I add to this request, the exclusion of the track "roll the bones" (or at the very least, put in the radioedit version so that we wouldn't have to suffer through the rap portion of the song

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

so that we wouldn't have to suffer through the rap portion of the song

Uggg, I forgot about how awful that was!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

(I'm sure that the band members would agree since to this day, they still don't openly talk about the travesty that is the hemispheres cover

What a great album though!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

The cover blows, but the hemispheres tour was the bomb! Saw it in a small dive somewhere around San Bernardino. Pat Travers opened.

#23 10 years ago

Sure I'm good with Rush, gives me time to save for the next pin.

#24 10 years ago

Minimum 17-minute ball times?

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

They could just do a "worst band in the entire world ever" machine and save money on licensing...
    Luke

Isn't that blasphemy in Canada?

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Luke

Quoted from jk2171:

Isn't that blasphemy in Canada?

Maybe he is just sick of hearing about them up there...eh. Hooser.

#27 10 years ago

YES YES YES

Yes?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Luke

Sweet! I'd love to see a Nickelback pin!

#29 10 years ago

No offense to Rush -- I like some of their music -- but I think bands like Pink Floyd would do better commercially. I suppose you have to look at what would be popular in bars?

I'm actually a bit surprised by the success of the Metallica pin. I listened to them in the 80s and 90s (And Justice for All, Ride the Lightning, Puppets and perhaps the Black Album) but haven't really kept up with them.

I think the superhero stuff is big from Stern for the movie theater market. I suppose Metallica is for bars and home use?

#30 10 years ago

If they made a Yes pin I would go crazy! Not sure many others could handle it though. So in light of no Yes pin, give me a Rush pin!

#31 10 years ago

Iron Maiden. Nuff said. This should be the backglass by the way.

bestofthebeast_Iron_Maiden_Album_Artwo.jpgbestofthebeast_Iron_Maiden_Album_Artwo.jpg

#32 10 years ago

No thanks. I'll take a Dream Theater pin instead...

#33 10 years ago

Saw Yes live a year and a half ago, and they put on a great show.

#34 10 years ago

Like I mentioned in another thread, if you want your pinball machines to be even more avoided by your wife/girlfriend than they already are, a Rush pinball would do it. Of course, so would Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden. The main question you have to ask yourself when asking "would this be good for a pinball machine" is whether or not you can imagine a woman liking even one of their songs. AC/DC good. Metallica is borderline with most of their woman friendly music coming later. Van Halen would be good. KISS would be good.

#35 10 years ago

Saw Yes live a year and a half ago, and they put on a great show.

Same here's a pic

image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 10 years ago

Saw them at an outdoor venue in San Diego, but that venue looks better with all the TV's there.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Saw them at an outdoor venue in San Diego, but that venue looks better with all the TV's there.

Wait which tour did you go?

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinManV:

Iron Maiden. Nuff said. This should be the backglass by the way.

They sure are the hip band to pick on pinside, and no doubt their artwork is top tier . . . they are just really far off of mainstream, further than bands like Tool and NIN anyway . . . who also have great artwork but have more recognizable songs.

#39 10 years ago

Rite of Spring/Fly from Here

#40 10 years ago

The tours before a lot of you were born.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Rite of Spring/Fly from Here

Oh I thought you were talking about rush, never mind

#42 10 years ago

Rush would make a good pinball theme ("polarization" and all).

lol

I would use the artwork from their 1st (and best) album somewhere in the theme.

rush_logo_wallpaper-normal5_4.jpgrush_logo_wallpaper-normal5_4.jpg

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

They haven't been the same since the switched drummers.

#44 10 years ago

owned all their albums
    saw them in lakeland, fl in the late 70's
    geddy lee's voice is irritating stoned

Floyd! think of the plastic crap stern could build with Floyd....the Wall, the teacher, the pig, the plane, the prism, clocks, the beds, the hammers, the Battersea Power Station.

i'd rather see a Hangover pin than Rush.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They haven't been the same since the switched drummers.

That is true. While I don't dislike Neil Peart, Rush never was the same again after he joined the band.

Their 1st album has always been my favorite and I still listen to it occasionally.

A lot more than I do any of their others anymore.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Like I mentioned in another thread, if you want your pinball machines to be even more avoided by your wife/girlfriend than they already are, a Rush pinball would do it.

Why does Rush have this reputation of being woman repellant? They don't sing about beating up bitches 'n hoes or whatever.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Why does Rush have this reputation of being woman repellant? They don't sing about beating up bitches 'n hoes or whatever.

That's why.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Their first album really is their best.

Geddy Lee channels Robbert Plant excellently in "Finding My Way".

Rush actually sings a song that has some heterosexual swagger in "In the Mood".

And of course, "Working Man" has some great Sabbath drenched guitar work.

Had Rush continued down this rocking path to hell, they'd have slutload of female fans.

=

All you guys that hate Rush, grab this album from iTunes or Amazon and give it a listen.

#49 10 years ago

But he can't sing for shit anymore. Old age is not doing well for him.

#50 10 years ago

Sure they can make a Rush pin......it allows me to spend my pin money on another B/W title that doesn't suck like Rush.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-rush-be-the-next-music-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.