Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

We've all had a situation similar to this. You have to leave in fifteen minutes to drive your kid to some event and think you'll squeeze in a short game or two. Suddenly, you're having the best game you've had all month. You beat the mini-wizard mode on the first ball, collected an extra ball and have multiple events stacked, just waiting for you to trigger them. Then, "Dad! It's time to go! We're going to be late!"

It would be great to have a save feature. Most games have a scoop or saucer. I'm talking about a shot like that that you could hit and then push a button to save your game. The ball would stay there, you could turn off the game, and when you turned it on later, you would have the option to resume. The ball would kick out, and it would be like nothing has changed. Seems like a no brainer to me. I would love to see it happen.

#8 6 years ago

Not being in the zone again is definitely an issue. But at least you wouldn’t feel like you had to make that choice between missing your kid’s school play and ending the game of a lifetime.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I just leave the game on and a ball in the shooter lane.

Of course, that requires you to lose a ball. I’ve had games where I feel invincible and balls don’t drain. It’s rare, but it sometimes happens.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I thought Stern does have a Coin Door Ball Saver feature. If you open the coin door during a ball it freezes the state of the game. When you close the door it puts a ball back into play where you left off.

Correct. Except you then can’t turn the game off. Also, an open coin door is an invitation for my cats to make some mischief.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-pins-have-a-save-feature?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.