Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 438 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinlink
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Pinball be considered a sport?”

• Yes 148 votes
      37%
    • No 247 votes
      63%

(395 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    World's_Fastest_Drummer_Logo_(resized).jpg
    PINBALL_SFW_(resized).png
    pinball_sport1_(resized).png
    Money-Shoes_(resized).jpg
    cover_prep_(resized).jpg
    accident-factors-in-sport-aviation-epidemiology-for-ultralights-and-gyroplanes-in-the-us-for-the-last-20-years-1-728_(resized).j
    514sGUD+faL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200__(resized).jpg
    maxresdefault_(resized).jpg
    140501-draft-lottery640_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-14_at_1.43.16_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-14_at_1.43.44_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-14_at_1.43.02_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-14_at_1.42.48_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-14_at_1.42.23_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-14_at_1.40.34_PM_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#257 8 years ago

ahhnold_pinball_(resized).pngahhnold_pinball_(resized).png

#363 8 years ago
    Quoted from Danni_NZ:

I can't believe I'm going to get into this but I was in the car earlier and wrote a page about it. I wanted to extract what I wrote and then paraphrase another thing I wrote and learnt over the course of my pinball journey (over the past... Month maybe).
    "Well, if we look at the "official" guidelines that tell you what makes a sport and what doesn't there is one massive pointer that makes pinball NOT a sport. That a sport "shouldn't involve luck". Or whatever. We find that, especially in older games, pinball has a fair bit of luck involved. HOWEVER I again contradict myself.
    If we look at Addams Family (because why not) you should theoretically be able, if you're superhuman (lol), to have full control of the ball at all times. You plunge into the skill shot hole, it kicks it to the flipper, you shoot the left ramp, it comes down to the flipper, you can flipper pass or post catch or otherwise. You shoot the bear ramp. It goes down to the flipper. You shoot the ball up the little ramp and it goes into that same skill shot hole. It kicks it out, you shoot it up that left ramp again. Technically, are you then reducing luck and putting it into making those continuous shots? The ball is in YOUR control. YOU have control, because it SHOULD be going straight back to your flipper. You are the one controlling the amount of luck in that game."
    I just jotted that down earlier. It isn't fantastic, but I was trying to make a point. AND I CONTINUE. Why does it matter? If pinball makes people happy, and it brings people together, then why does it matter. Pinball was just meant to be made to go and have fun. Yeah you can compete. It is competitive. It could really be considered a bit of everything. A sport. A hobby. A competitive... THING. Like I don't know. I'm not gonna go and say that it's soccer or anything, but it's its own THING. It's open to interpretation.
    Wow that was long.
    Danni

Well said.

Kudos to your parents for a providing you with a wonderful upbringing

You and your family enjoy the rest of your trip.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-pinball-be-considered-a-sport?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.