Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pred_Jung_02.gif
    alien_57.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tom_in_nova.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have been thinking about this for a while now. In the late 90's B/W produces arguably some of the best pinball machines ever made. But, due to decreasing demand, they did not produce a lot of them.

My thoughts are: JJP could produce say 1000 each "Tribute" or "Chrome" Editions of MM, AFM, SS, TOTAN, & others, And by doing so make more money than if they produced a game from scratch. The advantage of redoing a past game is there would be no R&D required. Game code, playfield layout, artwork, etc. it is already done. I think it would work well for a game production schedule too. 1 new game, 1 reproduction, & repeat. This would allow the new games the proper amount of time to be developed and nothing would need to be rushed into production. I think most of the special editions would be presold as well. Every JJP game could be a hit, with no duds (from a cost standpoint).

The kicker is they could probably charge the same or more for limited edition remakes.

What do you guys think? Am I just dreaming or is this a good opportunity?

#32 11 years ago

For clarity, I mean for my posts to be friendly and helpful, and not anything else.

Looks like I am in the minority on this one. While I fully agree with the group that JJP should focus on new games. JJP IMHO also needs to focus on making money, that way they will be around 20 years from now. I believe that I read somewhere that JJP plans to only put out 1 or 2 new games a year (in the beginning?). Maybe I have that wrong. There have been talks about the next game, although I don't think anybody really knows what the next game will be or more importantly when. The point I was trying to make is that JJP (if they wanted to) could take a pretty substantial short cut to bring more games to the market quickly, while still getting there price. I agree the market can only absorb so much. But, I feel the market could still absorb more A-List B/W games, as some of these games are still good earners. I don't think the games would need to 100 percent exact copies either.

If JJP reproduced a few older titles, then I would buy. Would you?

1 week later
    #65 11 years ago

I fully agree with everyone that states that now is the time for innovation. But, innovation takes time. And I would like to see JJP make more than 1 or 2 games a year. The purpose of my original post, was to "float" the idea of JJP remaking existing A-List Pins, that are in high demand right now. Which would bypass R&D, Programming, Etc. Giving JJP an avenue to make some quick cash, after all they are a business and I for one would like for them to be around a long, long time.

Most people have indicated disagreement with this idea. If JJP made them, then I would buy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tom_in_nova.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-jjp-reproduce-a-list-bw-titles?tu=tom_in_nova and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.