Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pred_Jung_02.gif
    alien_57.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

I do hope he sells a crap load though, and becomes beyond wealthy so we can have more pinball options in the future. I read in an article Stern sells 10,000 pins for an entire year. That is multiple titles, so JJP is competing with those numbers.

Sorry to kind of resurrect this thread, realized I'd missed a few JJP threads over the past couple weeks and was just going down the JJP forum.
    Anyway, Stern as a company MAYBE had one year where they did 10K pins (2004 probably, the year LOTR was first in mass production). My own personal WOF (last game I got from there) is 215361. A recent pinside thread showed an ACDC LTBR as 234405. I'm estimating my game was from Q1 2008, so 4Y1Q they've done about 19K games. Of those, probably a significant number was in 2008 as that had IJ and BDK original runs before the horrific themes really started coming up.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

No, Stern has been producing around 10k for a while. Here's an article from 2010... before the big demand spike. Lots of interesting info in there, probably better off reading this article than relying on the misinformation found in many threads:

You quoted that article quite a bit. But you didn't quote this part:

Pinball, a game category whose very survival was questioned by some as recently as two years ago, is enjoying a contained but passionate renaissance as 2002 dawns.

So, despite me providing actual numerical evidence (unless I'm lying out of my butt just to win an internet argument, which you are freely welcome to believe) and actually WORKING THERE for 9 years, you want to continue to say I'm providing "misinformation?"
    Just FYI, that article was BS then, even. 2000 saw the release of Striker Xtreme and Sharkey's Shootout, and a bunch more South Parks and Harley Davidsons. To say 5000 games were made that year is probably pushing it, but it's probably pretty close to accurate. 2001 saw HRC, AP, and Monopoly, along with more HD and SP. Probably hit 6000 or real close to it that year. 2002 (future time for that article) saw Playboy, RCT, and a bunch of reruns. Guessing around 7000 for that year. 2003 saw TSPP and T3 and of course reruns. Maybe hitting 8000 here (probably pushing it). 2004 (LOTR, Elvis, RBION) is the only year I know for a fact that 10K was cleared.
    Look, if you're a business owner, of course you're going to say there's great demand for your product. But that doesn't make it true.

#110 11 years ago

I don't generally "speak for JJP," I was more engaging the community in discussion. My presentation of facts is not to be dismissive of Stern, but to, well, present facts. I did work there for 9 years. If facts are not welcome here, or you feel the fact that I work for the competition now taints them (the facts), I can refrain. But nothing in the past really affects JJP now, and I figured people might be more interested in actual information, especially as one previous poster ironically talked about misinformation on pinside. Personally, I feel that people generally appreciate accurate information.

If you doubt me, you can always do some homework on the pinball serial database. Here's some fun numbers (approximately the earliest reasonable serial number for given years):

2000: 152814 (earliest SX)
    2001: 156770 (earliest HRC)
    2002: 162469 (earliest Playboy)
    2003: 169008 (earliest TSPP)
    2004: 176023 (think it was earliest LOTR)
    2005: 189401 (earliest Sopranos)
    2006: 197873 (earliest WPT)
    2007: 206515 (think I used a FG here)
    2008: 216310 (latest WOF)

2008 is actually pretty bad because WOF's run spans the end of year, but I didn't have the patience to get more accurate numbers. Probably one of the 213K ones would be more accurate.

Believe it or not, I do tend to try and limit myself to facts as opposed to opinion. I certainly have opinions, but I know for a fact they would not be appreciated.

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I just wonder about the desire to set the record straight and the motivation.

I have a strong desire to correct misinformation when/where I can. Believe me, I could do it a lot more than I do, but don't for various reasons.

It's gotten me into trouble before; I've certainly been trolled into posting correct information in the face of blatant stupidly wrong stuff before... But it only works once per person, and works less and less as time goes on.

At any rate, I don't see where one works or what one's company produces has anything to do with facts/truth.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-jjp-reproduce-a-list-bw-titles?tu=pinball_keefer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.