Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pred_Jung_02.gif
    alien_57.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 11 years ago

Maybe Ford should reproduce old Deloreans. If all musicians just copied the Beatles we would not have gotten Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, AC/DC, etc..

Leave the past in the past- Innovate, make your own classics. Even though WOZ is not the theme I was hoping for, the quality and thought going into it gets me excited.

Stern with Tron LE and AC/DC LE/Premium has stepped up their game also. This decade will rival and surpass the 90's in terms of great pins. I would venture to say that in 20 years there will be a thread about making reproductions of what we have now

#39 11 years ago

I really want to see what the new pins by JJP are going to be like. I wouldn't be excited if they just did a rehash of the past. I want to look forward to what is next. I want to be amazed. Look at how many people post on what feature JJP is adding to WOZ. How many posts on what is next at Stern.

Yes, William/Bally had awesome pins in the 90's. Yes, they are classic. Yes, they are arguably better than the Stern's in the 2000-2009 era.

Pause, and ask -If the William/Bally model was so successful, why did they stop?

They could make a lot more money making slots so they abandoned the market. If making those pins weren't good enough to keep Williams making pins, how would they keep JJP in business?

Again, I'm just happy Stern is stepping up their game. Think about it- Compare AD/DC Premium, Tron LE, TFLE to Austin Powers, South Park and Roller Coaster Tycoon. Not the same pins.

I can even go on about the boutique pins by JPOP and the new Predator.

Happy times ahead.

1 week later
    #75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Total pipe dream....JJP will never come close to selling 20k units.

Sadly, I agree. Wants and will are two different stories. 20,000 is probably unobtainable in today's world.

I do hope he sells a crap load though, and becomes beyond wealthy so we can have more pinball options in the future. I read in an article Stern sells 10,000 pins for an entire year. That is multiple titles, so JJP is competing with those numbers.

I really like how competition is bringing out the best in both companies.

1 week later
    #91 11 years ago

100% believe Keith's numbers- first hand knowledge speaks volumes.

Once again, hope both companies sell enough to prosper and stay in business.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-jjp-reproduce-a-list-bw-titles?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.