• Latest reply 10 years ago by jrivelli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Franken_dog_David_A_Lunde.jpg
mp.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I am getting a premium, traded my spot on an LE so am getting a fairly good deal. Perhaps that was a mistake as the LE look super, but time will tell. If I wasnt getting the good deal on the premium I would have to highly consider a pro. Here are my thoughts based on only videos and les' comments.
Pro is great "bang for the buck"
Here is what you get on the premium thats extra and my thoughts.
HammerCool toy for sure, needs some work on the software side but no biggie there. Does not seem to kill flow at all and really looks col with the band members craved into it. Its said to not be a view blocker so net add here.
SnakeI was excpecting a little more from the moving snake, figured his mouth would close all the way but it barely moves. Also thought it would be a "talking snake" since that guy does the voice but not seeing this yet? Maybe it will come. All that said prefer it over the pro as it kinda makes it have two shots since its closed sometimes and acts as a switch vs always swallowing the ball..and this may actually add flow!
Moving CrossDoesnt go all the way down, thought it might move up increments as you hit it. Kinda cool how it rises up, but not sure if this is a net add or not.
Fuel Targetsnothign to see here
Spinnerscant believe these arent in pro but value add yes
LED'sit think this is the biggest value add, yes you can add your own but the orchestration of the light show is a huge plus. Also the color changers. Wish the fuel meter was more colorfull..but still huge difference here.
Also you get the lockdown bar and rails, metal apron and lights and the DD trans is really nice and detailed.
Its close and this is more a testament of the pro being a really good pro than the Premium being a dissapoinment.
Perhaps if they tossed in powder coated armor and a diff cab it would be worth it
So...if money is a concern I would go Pro its a really good value, but its darn close and if money is not a concern premium is super nice and worth extra for sure maybe just not quite 2k!

So to wrap all that up - 2-3k essentially gets you 2 spinners and some LED's, and better siderails/apron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,600 (OBO)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-wait-for-a-metallica-premium-or-just-pull-the-trigger-on-a-pro?tu=Wotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.