Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have an opportunity to trade my Simpsons pinball party for a Guardians of the Galaxy.
I have not played the new code and don't know how well it is, and I feel like the Simpsons is a bit clunky but still a good game.
Am I crazy for thinking this? what do you guys think?

#2 6 years ago

Keep Simpson i still think guardians is play orb multiball over and over.

#3 6 years ago

In terms of value, TSPP is always going to be desirable. Most of the new stern games as of late tend to take a hit in value on the secondary market. At the same time, the prices on classic games keep creeping up.

In terms of fun, it's hard to say yet if GOTG is going to have staying power or not. From what I've seen, it seems like it's fairly repetitious. Also, from what I've heard, it's been mediocre on location.

I like the theme and the layout is somewhat interesting, but if it were me, I'd probably hang onto TSPP unless you really find yourself not liking it any more.

#4 6 years ago

I would keep TSPP for now.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I would keep TSPP for now.

Ditto. I would keep for now. You will always be able to find a guardians pin if code makes it a great pin.

#6 6 years ago

Only you know what you like and your financial situation but if it was me I’d keep TSPP.

#7 6 years ago

Don’t think I’d do that trade at the moment. If your Simpsons is in very good condition it should be worth more than GOTG. I recently saw one for sale for $4500

#8 6 years ago

With your collection keep the Simpsons. You already have a game with GOTG basic shot path (Met) and a game with GOTG basic rules (KISS) so you aren't really gaining anything. If you had nothing but stop and go games I would suggest the change as GOTG has some good flow "if" you are hitting the shots. But since you already have several games that basically cover the play and rules of GOTG I'd keep that Simpsons to keep the diversity in your collection.

#9 6 years ago

My son and wife really like GOTG, i have not warmed up to it yet. I also am really wanting an lcd pin, so there is that.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My son and wife really like GOTG, i have not warmed up to it yet. I also am really wanting an lcd pin, so there is that.

Sell TSPP and either save up a little more or maybe sell another title and get a DI. I think your family will like it and it's a LCD pin with good rules

#11 6 years ago

I’d keep TSPP.

#12 6 years ago

TSPP is the greatest pinball machine of all time. Keep it.

#13 6 years ago

If you want an LCD pin, then get a Star Wars. It would fit nicely in your collection.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Greatest of all time?? I don't think I would go that far.

#15 6 years ago

You can always get another TSPP and you think it's clunky. Trade it and if you miss it, pick up a nicer example down the road.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I agree he should keep TSPP but it's very far from being the greatest.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

You can always get another TSPP and you think it's clunky. Trade it and if you miss it, pick up a nicer example down the road.

Thats what is making my pause, my tspp is the nicest one i have seen.

#20 6 years ago

Price/value wise it's a fair trade. The new GOTG code is much better than it was, so it's not a bad game, and there is value to a brand new shiny game verses a 15 year old game. Bottom line is you won't be losing any money/value on the trade.

It's always tough to "let go" of a great game, but we only have room for so many and it's fun to try out different games.

#21 6 years ago

It’s a fair trade financially. Get the one you/your family likes best.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a fair trade financially. Get the one you/your family likes best.

This. They’re just things. If you have your eye on a game, go for it.

#23 6 years ago

Get the gotg play it a while sell repeat

#24 6 years ago

GOTG LE or Prem?

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

GOTG LE or Prem?

If this deal involved either of those it would be the easiest decision in the world. I’m pretty sure we’re talking Pro.

#26 6 years ago

My TSPP will be the last game to ever leave my collection.

Keep it.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Quoted from mrossman5:

Greatest of all time?? I don't think I would go that far.

You didn't...he did.

#28 6 years ago

TSPP for sure.

#29 6 years ago

If it were me...TSPP

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m pretty sure we’re talking Pro.

Then I'd say Forget it!

#31 6 years ago

Yes, its a pro

#32 6 years ago

Definite no on moving the TSPP for that. You will lose $1000 easy on it

#33 6 years ago

Don't even think about it!

#34 6 years ago

Funny thing is, I think he backed out anyway.

#35 6 years ago

Tspp is easily the superior game, but if you don't play it or enjoy it anymore, then get something else. It's pretty simple. Value wise it's a close trade. Id sooner sell tspp for $5k and buy a used gotg around 4500.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The new code has completely changed the pin. It's almost like Stern realized it stunk and went back to the drawing board. Prior to the update drop I'd have said keep Simpsons. Now, I'd say it's a fair trade. GOTG is quite good now.

#37 6 years ago

I currently have TSPP in my collection and love it right now. I had a nice Whitewater and recently traded it for a TWD Premium (NIB) and am happy with the trade. The new Stern games are fun and reliable in my opinion. I believe you should get what you think is fun and not think about the future of of the value so much.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

My TSPP will be the last game to ever leave my collection.
Keep it.

Agreed I had one and sold it and instantly regretted it. TSPP is one of the best games out there in my opinion I ended up buying another one that was super nice. If yours is in good shape hang on to it. Most others I have seen are beat up pretty badly. They seem to be harder to find in excellent condition

#39 6 years ago

Gonna keep this one, and instead Im heading to pick up a Star Wars today!
Thanks for all the comments

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 19.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-trade-this-for-that and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.