(Topic ID: 147405)

Should I trade my The Walking Dead - TWD?

By ilovegames

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cubs-fan-blow-job-gesture-baseball-fan-gifs_(resized).png
#1 8 years ago

I need help.

Try as I might by playing every day, I just don't feel the love for TWD Pro. I have had this machine for about 6 months (home use only) and put about $150 worth of mezel mods into it. I have the new code but I just don't enjoy the game. I find the shots very frustrating compared to a Star trek or Iron Man and just find myself playing it to play it, not because I am having any fun.

The machine I can't get out of my head is a Transformers Pro. I played the LE, but want the Pro because I felt it flowed better and its also cheaper. Nothing on the LE really stood out as better for me when I played it.

So I have 2 Questions.

1. Am I crazy for wanting to do this?

2. If I do trade for a Transformers Pro, how much cash should I ask for plus the machine? My TWD is home use only and only 6 months old with some mods. I have a shaker motor in it but would keep it to put in the Transformers.

Thanks pinside!

#2 8 years ago

No you are not crazy. There are those who will tell you how much better TWD is over TF, but there is no accounting for taste. Different games bring different feelings of excitement and joy. Play what you like. TWD is not doing it for you, and after 6 months you should know. And since the code is much more mature there essentially is no more wait and see.

Regarding price, a little research will show what TF goes for and what TWD goes for. You might even find a nice TWD for TFLE deal.

Good luck and enjoy!

#3 8 years ago

If you don't like twd, why keep it? Do the trade if you can, lots of people looking for twd.

#4 8 years ago

I'd trade or sell and get what makes you happy. Everybody has different tastes.

#5 8 years ago

Sounds like a great idea to trade it. TWD is well liked and good trade bait.

#6 8 years ago

They're things. If you're not happy, trade them. Life is short.

#7 8 years ago

Agree! I like the ramps on TF pro more than le as well!

#8 8 years ago

yeah follow your heart

you can always find another

#9 8 years ago

I have not played TWD but loved TFLE when it was at the Shark Club. everybody has different preferences.

What would you sell TWD for? Might be easier than a trade. Don't think I've seen a TF pro in our area for sale for a long time.

#10 8 years ago

Yeah man, lifes to short to be stuck with a machine your not feeling, at least it shouldn't take you to long to find someone who will trade with you.

#11 8 years ago

I equate not loving a pin to a new girlfriend that doesn't like giving blow jobs.

Buh-bye!

#12 8 years ago

I almost bought a TWD Pro from someone on CraigsList before deciding to go with a Metallica Premium.

Why did I not buy the TWD Pro? The guy who owned it advised me against the purchase as the machine was boring and I wouldn't like it. Seriously, he talked me out of buying it. I still have no idea why he did this, but it didn't matter as 3 days later the ad was gone as someone bought it any way, likely against his own advice LOL.

Good luck on the trade, from what I've read many people buy the pin because of the show's hype - so now is a good time for the trade as I think it will slowly fall down the rankings once the popularity dies down.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I almost bought a TWD Pro from someone on CraigsList before deciding to go with a Metallica Premium.
Why did I not buy the TWD Pro? The guy who owned it advised me against the purchase as the machine was boring and I wouldn't like it. Seriously, he talked me out of buying it. I still have no idea why he did this, but it didn't matter as 3 days later the ad was gone as someone bought it any way, likely against his own advice LOL.
Good luck on the trade, from what I've read many people buy the pin because of the show's hype - so now is a good time for the trade as I think it will slowly fall down the rankings once the popularity dies down.

Lol I just bought a premium and its freaking amazing pin and ithas nothing to do with the show . I like ithe show but the pin is more just a zombie pin rather than a walking dead. Crazy demand for the pin bc well...... its amazing after the last few updates and plays like no other . Its one the best pins I've played and for me its better than met but not by much .

#14 8 years ago

I have owned a TFLE and now own TWD premium. It's all personal taste but IMO, there is no comparing these 2 pins- TWD has far superior code and an awesome variety of fun but rewarding and challenging shots. I have never watched the show and find that it's simply a blast to play. I would give it a bit more time with the new code. However, with its recent rise in popularity, it's likely a good time to sell. TF is fun for a while, but unfortunately the shots all feel the same. Personally, I think MET is a better replacement- great flow, good variety of shots and deeper rules.

#15 8 years ago

Yup. Nailed it. This pin rocks and will go down as one of Sterns best ever. Seriously.
It's all thanks to the awesome code by Lyman.

Doesn't mean you have to like it though. There are tons of popular games I wouldn't want in my house.
If it doesn't sit well with you, get rid of it and find one you love!

#16 8 years ago

If it is "time to go", its "time to go".
Pinball machines are a hobby, not life right?
Rotating a collection is natural, but eventually you keep more than you sell.

A pinball hobbyists need "help" according to some until they play more pinball.

Pinball for Life
https://www.facebook.com/sanfranciscochronicle/videos/10153772462254524/

#17 8 years ago

I'd say go with what makes you happy.
I owned a tfle that was nib and was right next to my twdle. The sounds effects with are really cool with a sub on the tf. Without the sub, not that great. Fun pin but twd Code is on another level.

#18 8 years ago

Why do I never have a Transformers pin laying around when I need one?

#19 8 years ago

I've never played TF pro, but having owned a TFLE for a year, I say it's a good choice to go pro over LE for that title. And don't feel bad for growing tired of TWD, it happens to all of us on so many levels. Seek out your TF and enjoy the hobby. Just try to be as patient as can be when seeking out a new (used) pin, don't get overzealous and end up overpaying for a poor conditioned pin. Think about whether you want to do straight up trade or sell TWD and buy TF. Also think about secondary pins you'd like to own in case you can't find a TF. Good luck and enjoy.

#20 8 years ago

I've owned 4 transformers. 2 pros and 2 LEs. I own the pro currently. I believe it's a *far* better game over the LE.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've owned 4 Transformers. 2 pros and 2 LEs. I own the pro currently. I believe it's a *far* better game over the LE.

Just curious...is it cause of speed (pro being bit faster than le)?

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Just curious...is it cause of speed (pro being bit faster than le)?

It's flow. The ramps on the pro are incredibly fun to shoot and satisfying but this is all lost on the LE.

#23 8 years ago

Your not crazy. I am a HUGE TWD show fan, but the pin I can't stand. I've tried so many times to try and like it, but I have yet to enjoy a single game.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Your not crazy. I am a HUGE TWD show fan, but the pin I can't stand. I've tried so many times to try and like it, but I have yet to enjoy a single game.

Rocky and Bullwinkle is a better game than TWD. You know what I am talking about, and it is a lot more FUN. Design wise TWD is not bad, it just does not have the fun factor of older titles. Very "serious". However, ruleset is is good and it has its intense moments.

#25 8 years ago

As others have said, what ever makes YOU happy.
Just be careful that you trade it for the right title.
Transformers wouldn't be on the top of my list, and personally would rate it lower the Walking Dead.
You don't want to find yourself a month down the road wishing you kept TWD.
Did you buy it NIB? Sometimes those are harder to part with.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's flow. The ramps on the pro are incredibly fun to shoot and satisfying but this is all lost on the LE.

Did you remove the gate on the right side like so many of us. That one move changed everything and made the right mini playfield fun and challenging while keeping the flow fast.

#27 8 years ago

You have a good problem. TWD is new and is well thought of by many players. I don't think you will have much trouble selling or trading. Get what you like and have fun!
I've sold Spider-Man, Tron LE, ACDC Prem, TZ and the list goes on. I did it to try new things.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Did you remove the gate on the right side like so many of us. That one move changed everything and made the right mini playfield fun and challenging while keeping the flow fast.

I did. The ramp is still not as fun to shoot as on the pro. And the mini playfield was never fun. On the pro, I also removed the orbit gate so pops are actually hard to shoot and right orbit shots flow through

#29 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the responses. I don't feel so crazy anymore.

Quoted from Pins4me:

As others have said, what ever makes YOU happy.
Just be careful that you trade it for the right title.
Transformers wouldn't be on the top of my list, and personally would rate it lower the Walking Dead.
You don't want to find yourself a month down the road wishing you kept TWD.
Did you buy it NIB? Sometimes those are harder to part with.

I did buy it NIB. I think that is part of the reason I am having such a hard time getting rid of it. I actually went like a month without playing it till the new code came out and have been playing it everyday since then just trying to make myself like it.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've never played TF pro, but having owned a TFLE for a year, I say it's a good choice to go pro over LE for that title. And don't feel bad for growing tired of TWD, it happens to all of us on so many levels. Seek out your TF and enjoy the hobby. Just try to be as patient as can be when seeking out a new (used) pin, don't get overzealous and end up overpaying for a poor conditioned pin. Think about whether you want to do straight up trade or sell TWD and buy TF. Also think about secondary pins you'd like to own in case you can't find a TF. Good luck and enjoy.

That is some good advice. I probably should just go the route of selling the TWD and trying to buy a TF because of the price difference. Trades are often hard.

#30 8 years ago

Another vote for TF Pro over the TFLE.

#31 8 years ago

Dam this thread is making me want to get a TF pro hahaha

#32 8 years ago

If you don't like a machine you have, sell the damn thing. TF for me was super exciting at first and then became super boring. It's also ugly, sounds like shit, and is ugly (again). But hey, we all like diff'rent stuff.

#33 8 years ago

Wish I had a pro, I would trade for twd in a minute even if I had to give up some cash, i see tf for sale all the time for really good prices but I have played it a few times and it really did nothing for me.

#34 8 years ago

I'd sell/Trade the TWD in heartbeat if I were in your shoes.

Don't ask current owners of TWD if you're crazy... no owner of a $4,800-$6,200 machine is going to trash the game in a public forum. Follow your heart and dump the machine -- go for the one you want

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'd sell/Trade the TWD in heartbeat if I were in your shoes.
Don't ask current owners of TWD if you're crazy... no owner of a $4,800-$6,200 machine is going to trash the game in a public forum. Follow your heart and dump the machine -- go for the one you want

I agree. The walking dead is a turd to me, but everyone is different. Get what makes you happy.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you don't like a machine you have, sell the damn thing. TF for me was super exciting at first and then became super boring. It's also ugly, sounds like shit, and is ugly (again). But hey, we all like diff'rent stuff.

There's wisdom above. I currently own both, TWD LE and TF LE. When I first got TF I loved it and played the heck out of it, then I got tired of chopping wood and now it collects dust. When I first got TWD I didn't love it and didn't play it much, in fact I was disappointed in it, but now I can't play it enough tackling it from so many angles. For what it's worth, I made some of the settings a little easier so that I could see some of the game despite my poor pin skills, I adjusted the leveling to try and stop the most atrocious drains, installed the Cleland/Eskaybee sound package, and now I know to only attack the prison while in ball save or multiball. It vastly improved TWD for me, but I've not found anything I can change on TF to make it any more interesting.

Good luck in whatever decision you make.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

no owner of a $4,800-$6,200 machine is going to trash the game in a public forum.

Thanks for painting all owners of a game as a bunch of liars but it's just not true. I trashed my TWD the first time I owned it and sold it. The OP here is doing the same. The rule set in TWD is genius but the layout is frustrating and can be a deal breaker. The pops specifically are irritating. So yea, even though I own the game currently I can definitely see why someone wouldn't want it.

#38 8 years ago

If you don't like a game, sell it. Goes for TWD or anything, really.

I prefer the LE on TF, mainly because the LE is so cheap. The mini play field sucks, but I really like the Starscream hurry up, Megatron drop target and powder coated rails on the LE. I feel that there is enough speed and flow on TFLE with the center shot and orbits that the ramps having some delay isn't detrimental to the experience.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Thanks for painting all owners of a game as a bunch of liars but it's just not true. I trashed my TWD the first time I owned it and sold it. The OP here is doing the same. The rule set in TWD is genius but the layout is frustrating and can be a deal breaker. The pops specifically are irritating. So yea, even though I own the game currently I can definitely see why someone wouldn't want it.

I love the pops as they give me a break from the insane action lol. I also have a met and its in the pops a fair amount also but u rarely here it as a complaint? Everyone seems to want every game to be the exact same lol flow flow flow .. for me I like that its a little different which why its one of my top pins . Plus te zombie /horror theme is awesome and there's nothing else like it

#40 8 years ago

This almost sounds unanimous, which is cool. And I'm going to say the same thing. If the game isn't doing it for you, move it along. TWD is a really good game now that Lyman polished it up. However, that doesn't mean everyone is going to like it, it just means it is a good game. If it is not scratching the itch for you, stop forcing yourself to play it. Once a game crosses over, it is very unlikely that it can be loved.

As for trades, trades are usually tougher to find. You might want to just put it into the market and sell it, then go look for a TF. And on TF, I also like the Pro more a lot more than the LE because of both ramps. The Pro just plays better in my opinion.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I equate not loving a pin to a new girlfriend that doesn't like giving blow jobs.

How could she make it as far as being considered a "girlfriend?"

#43 8 years ago

No such thing as a keeper imo. Every title that has come through our house has been sold at some stage, some I have really missed playing so I have bought them again.
It's all good, it's pinball, there is always another title to chase.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

No such thing as a keeper imo. Every title that has come through our house has been sold at some stage, some I have really missed playing so I have bought them again.

Totally agree

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Twilight Zone, owned for 22 years, never sold, "keeper". Although they might be rare as a "Chinese Panda", some games never get old.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Twilight Zone, owned for 22 years, never sold, "keeper". Although they might be rare as a "Chinese Panda", some games never get old.

Exactly what I was thinking. First in, last out when I die. Some people need to keep cycling them through though.

#47 8 years ago

If it's no fun then let it go. I can't get into it either, whether it has new or old code. A low play huo twd should be easy to sell.

#48 8 years ago

I really like TF. I think it was one of the better looking sterns at the time it came out. Looks better than most of their games. I have an LE because I like the starscream aspect of it and I like the wide upfront right ramp. But I turn off the megatron drop, because of my custom megatron, the shelf plastic doesn't fit. So I leave it off and don't really care either. TF is a great time.

#49 8 years ago

TWD is currently my favorite game, but to each their own. You need to do what's right for you, OP. Good news is you'll likely always be able to secure another TWD, so go out and own something new. If you miss TWD, you can always get it back. Life is short - don't stress about it, go enjoy it!

#50 8 years ago

I sold my LE after 6 months, time was up. I think we kinda all know that once you're contemplating selling a pin its not too far away from leaving the collection. trade or sell and get something new to play, nothing beats that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.00
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-trade-my-the-walking-dead-twd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.