• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ferrari_Hearse.JPG
1953Packard_lede.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I really like WOZ and I got a chance to trade a pin for one and I have an IM if I had the $$ I would just buy one . So should I pull the trigger ????

#2 9 years ago

Sure man, do what you think is right. Both cool games.

-Wes

#3 9 years ago

be like trading a sports car for a hearse...

#5 9 years ago

I would in a heartbeat. IM is a fun game but WOZ is a masterpiece.

#6 9 years ago

Completely agree with Jamie. I own a WOZ and a good friend owns IM so I do get to play it often. IM is a really fun game but the depth of WOZ makes it the better game to me.

#7 9 years ago

A straight trade? How nice is your IM? Standard or LE WOZ? Honestly no matter how you juggle those unless you're throwing in cash it's a way better trade on your side, just value wise, not matter which game you like better. Not that it should be the only factor, but it's a trade, so you gotta look at that part.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

This hearse?
» YouTube video

Nope, this one...

1953Packard_lede.jpg1953Packard_lede.jpg
#9 9 years ago

Come on Teek! WOZ is a great game.

Ferrari_Hearse.JPGFerrari_Hearse.JPG
#10 9 years ago

My IM has a full led kit -custom back box lighting -upgraded speakers and it has invisaglass (don't know if I spelled that right) and not a scratch on it HUO . The WOZ I would be getting is NIB . No $$ involved

#11 9 years ago

Oh and the WOZ is standard

#12 9 years ago

I wouldn't.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

My IM has a full led kit -custom back box lighting -upgraded speakers and it has invisaglass (don't know if I spelled that right) and not a scratch on it HUO . The WOZ I would be getting is NIB . No $$ involved

Only you can say which game you'd rather have. As far as value goes you're getting the better end, even with current IM prices.

#14 9 years ago

Playwise thats really going in a different direction..

#15 9 years ago

I own both. IM is a crazy fun pinball machine. WOZLE is a very nice conversation piece.

#16 9 years ago

I'd do it. I think there's so much more to do in WOZ. If you're seriously considering it, then it must have some draw for you. Do it and I think you will be happy.

#17 9 years ago

Check my collection and history for my answer.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Nope, this one...

1953Packard_lede.jpg 23 KB

Your hate for WOZ and JJP grows each day, goooooooood.

#19 9 years ago

WOZ, more to do, more toys and a far far deeper set of rules that will always have you trying to earn something in the game.

If you are used to games that are extremely quick though you may regret your decision as I'll admit WOZ isn't as fast as say ACDC and that's due to the game having a lot of toys and two mini playfields. However, if you prefer games that still have some flow but offer a ton to do (TZ, LOTR, TSPP) with deep quest based rules and a lot of toys you will really enjoy WOZ.

#20 9 years ago

I think we all get that WOZ is DEEP but sometimes I don't want deep I want fast & fun! --> (IM)
I think a collection should have both types of games... fast and furious (IM, ac/dc ect)/Deep rules set (WOZ LOTR TSPP ect)

#21 9 years ago

Id do it, but only for an ecle.

#22 9 years ago

this is a classic example of "less is more" if i've ever seen it.

I've played woz maybe 25-30 times and it's been a major bummer for me every time. I don't know why.

#23 9 years ago

I'd do the trade. WOZ is a great game.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

I really like WOZ and I got a chance to trade a pin for one and I have an IM if I had the $$ I would just buy one . So should I pull the trigger ????

you haven't said if you like IM more than WOZ or not. If you like IM more, you are going to have a hard time finding one later. I don't think the same holds true for WOZ.

#25 9 years ago

I would keep IM. You will be able to find a WOZ anytime you want. IM not so.

#26 9 years ago

From an enjoyment standpoint, I'd keep Iron Man and it's not close.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Your hate for WOZ and JJP grows each day

Hate for JJP? Why, because I dislike their only title? I don't dislike JJP at all. I am looking forward to title three with fingers crossed and hoping its a theme I really like. I also hope they don't 'over do it' and just concentrate on making a fun fast pin… sometimes less is better.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Hate for JJP? Why, because I dislike their only title? I don't dislike JJP at all. I am looking forward to title three with fingers crossed and hoping its a theme I really like. I also hope they don't 'over do it' and just concentrate on making a fun fast pin… sometimes less is better.

I was just messing around. I hope they do over do it as for $8k they should offer a lot of value, like they did with WOZ. Sometimes less can be better but not for $6k-$8k. I game with a right and left ramp or a right, left and middle ramp layout will always be faster than WOZ but there are enough of those layouts of there already. One of the main reasons so many people love WOZ is because JJP put a lot of toys / features into the game which has been a welcomed change when a lot of other games are offering less and less toys. At one point I asked myself "If I'm paying $7k-$8k for a NIB pin what features are important to me"? Is speed the main concern for me at those prices? No, in my opinion some of the fastest games out there have to have less toys in them otherwise they wouldn't play as fast but I'm not going to pay $7k-$8k for that type of game NIB. For $8k we should be getting a game with a lot of interactive toys, an LCD and features such as an interactive map.

#29 9 years ago

You have one machine. As such, I would pick WOZ in a heartbeat for the depth alone, and thus something to hold your interest.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

Hell yes!

#31 9 years ago

Worst trade idea ever. Don't do it.

#32 9 years ago

Do you have to wait for the WOZ

Do you like stop and go.

Do you like speed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-trade-my-im-for-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.