• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F1987880-8F98-4C81-97D4-D3DB82CE35AB (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Should I swap fuses.
Hello I have a space station pinball which has worked fine for 2 years. I have been checking the fuses and found that some of the installed fuses are the incorrect ones. Should I swap the fuses to correct ones. The pinball will occasionally blow a 2A 3AG SB fuse which I replace and the pinball will work fine for a few months then blow the fuse again and I replace and it works OK again. I think the issue with the fuse blowing is due to a switch on the pop bumper so I have plans to re-build the pop bumper to see of the fuse blowing issue disappears. Can anyone advise on whether I should change the fuses to the correct ones?

#2 3 years ago

Yes, definitely change to correct fuses.

Check for correct adjustment on the pop bumper switch and the coil diode.

#3 3 years ago

Look in your manual and install the correct fuses. Overfusing a table puts additional load where it doesn’t belong when there is a problem and can cause a fire.

This chart is from the manual at IPDB.

F1987880-8F98-4C81-97D4-D3DB82CE35AB (resized).jpegF1987880-8F98-4C81-97D4-D3DB82CE35AB (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago

By the way, you can install a fuse with a higher voltage rating, but do NOT use a higher amperage rating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-swap-fuses?hl=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.