(Topic ID: 64899)

Should I replace my lightning flippers with reg flippers on BSD?

By DirtySouth

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

It seems obvious... Should I do it?

#2 10 years ago

I did years ago, but some people like the shorties. Easy enough to change back if you don't like.

Nice avatar btw...

#4 10 years ago

Yes. Drac has long fangs.

#5 10 years ago

No. I found it diluted the accomplishments. Yes, I know it was designed with regular flips but that's not the way it played in the arcades and not the way i remember it kicking my butt. I thought it was way too easy with longer bats and promptly put the lightning flippers back.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Yes. Drac has long fangs.

BSD has a deeper bite with them than without. The game can be brutally hard but it has nothing to do with the 1/8" shorter flippers.

#7 10 years ago

It's a classy game but I'm scared of Dracula. Frankenstein, hilarious. Werewolves, sorta funny but a bit scary. But I don't like vampires and I don't think the size of your flippers can save you.

#8 10 years ago

No. Why not put rubber bands over over the outlanes as well?

#9 10 years ago

Why not change out the flipper? i discovered yesterday BAA started carrying transparent williams/ stern flippers now in a bunch of colors. ill be changing all my williams machines to these now
http://www.bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FB.

You can get lightning bolt flippers in black only now which arent original anyway.

#10 10 years ago

Yes, it doesn't make a huge difference IMO..you still need to make your shots...

#11 10 years ago

Change them and go with whatever YOU like better. Seems pretty simple.

#12 10 years ago

Replace them immediately with the blood red full sized bats it was designed with. Throw those little game ruining pieces of shit in the trash and enjoy your game as it was meant to be played - with full sized flippers.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Throw those little game ruining pieces of shit in the trash

no, no, no... send them to me!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

No. Why not put rubber bands over over the outlanes as well?

Do you put lightning flippers on all your games then? If not, then what you said really makes no sense.

#15 10 years ago

The game was designed with full sized bats in mind but lightning is the tournament standard. Do you ever plan to compete? If not, go with what you want.

#16 10 years ago

plays better with full size.

#17 10 years ago

No way. Play the game as it was intended.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No way. Play the game as it was intended.

As who intended? The designer intended there to be standard flippers on this game. Replacing them with lightnings was a last minute change by the powers that be.

#19 10 years ago

No. One of the first things I did to my BSD when I got it was to put a set of lightning flippers on it.

Although I'll probably end up putting standard ones back on when the crappy black ones I fitted break up.

#20 10 years ago

My vote is no. I changed mine out, and found the game got too easy. With regular flippers, I played a game that lasted nearly 60 minutes and put up a loop champion score of about 72. After changing back to lightning flippers, my highest loop score is 36.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

As who intended? The designer intended there to be standard flippers on this game. Replacing them with lightnings was a last minute change by the powers that be.

Shot gets changed all the time. If you want to play a game the way the designer intended you'd be looking far and wide. The flippers were changed to make the game more challenging and they do. You can bang a billion with or without them but with tem on it is way more satisfying.

#23 10 years ago

I find it plays fun with both, but certainly more challenging with lightning flippers. With lightning flippers, it takes a few games to get a rhythm going and if I haven't played it in awhile, even more than that.

It's very satisfying to put a few billion on that game when it has lightning flips and then see other people afterward just walk away from it with a "wow, I got worked" look on their faces.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Why not change out the flipper? i discovered yesterday BAA started carrying transparent williams/ stern flippers now in a bunch of colors. ill be changing all my williams machines to these now
http://www.bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FB.
You can get lightning bolt flippers in black only now which arent original anyway.

I was thinking about using those on my Tron. I'd love to see pics of them installed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 85.00
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-replace-my-lightning-flippers-with-reg-flippers-on-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.