7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mwong168
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3558_(resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

So I picked up a fairly nice RS this weekend from an operator.

The game is ridiculously clean with very, very little PF wear. Should I be worried about wear from my playing it and clear it, or should I just keep it waxed and not worry? I hate to see this get worn out and know I could've prevented it.

Haven't touched it at all in the pic.

IMG_3558_(resized).JPGIMG_3558_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

How much play is it going to get?

If it is going to be at home and played a few times a month, keep it clean, waxed, and keep new balls in it. It should not wear much at all.

If it is going to get a lot of play and not be maintained, pull it apart and clear it.

If you want it to be a show piece that you use as a conversation starter, clear it, mod it, fully pimp it out and never play it.

#3 7 years ago

I'd put some 2 mil Mylar down exiting the fish scoop to prevent any "fish wear" from popping up. I'd also look into Mantis protectors for the fish scoop, as it doesn't look like any protector is in there. In full disclosure though, I'm pretty anal about the condition of my pins, LOL. I usually buy all protectors available, either Mantis if the playfield is in close to new condition, or Cliffy's if the playfield is more blown out. Sometimes a combination of the two, as I like Cliffy's ball trough kick-out protectors on all my pins, and I also like Cliffy's switch slot protectors where balls drop on the slots in the inlanes.

Putting Mylar in the shooter lane isn't a bad idea if you have a nice condition shooter lane, and if you don't have Mylar in the pop bumper area, I always do that. Seeing this is a Williams pin, I think you'll find factory Mylar in the pop bumper area.

#4 7 years ago

Wax and then mylar any ball drops and bumper area (slings if you want to).

#5 7 years ago

I would adjust your Start City Event scoop so that when the ball kicks out every time it doesn't get any air before landing on the playfield. That's how fish wear or the green area just below it gets worn or chipped down to the wood.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-protect-this-rs-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.