New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 133126)

Should I pick up this free Mousin Around?

By EvanDickson

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EvanDickson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160313_203441_(resized).jpg
20160313_203446_(resized).jpg
Capture.png
mousin_around-191616759.jpg
mousin_around-191825011.jpg
mousin_around-191549897.jpg
mousin_around-191445082.jpg
mousin_around-191452331.jpg
mousin_around-191349596.jpg
mousin_around-191101813.jpg
mousin_around-191048942.jpg
freecandy.jpg
IMAG0882.jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Yeah baby, JACKPOT!

#52 5 years ago

Awesome! Looks like it's well worth the trip

#53 5 years ago

Nice Score!!! That is going to clean up nicely. I wish I would stumble across a free machine in that kind of shape someday. Good luck with the restore. Keep posting pics too, I would love to see the progress.

#54 5 years ago

Evandickson, will you be doing a resto thread on this?? I'd love to follow this from start to finish/

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Evandickson, will you be doing a resto thread on this?? I'd love to follow this from start to finish/

I *could* do this. But I'm not a high end resto guy (at this point). I'll likely just get it up and completely running, swap in LEDs (well, SMDs) and get the PF cleaned and waxed. I'm not someone who is going to scrub and spray paint the inside of the cabinet, redo the cabinet decals, etc.

I could totally run a thread with the before and after for all this stuff though. I still think it will look like night and day.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I *could* do this. But I'm not a high end resto guy (at this point). I'll likely just get it up and completely running, swap in LEDs (well, SMDs) and get the PF cleaned and waxed. I'm not someone who is going to scrub and spray paint the inside of the cabinet, redo the cabinet decals, etc.
I could totally run a thread with the before and after for all this stuff though. I still think it will look like night and day.

I'm yet to do decals, but I usually pull the playfield now to shop games. Taking the cabinet out to the garage and sanding the inside of it makes it look real nice real quick!

Buy new legs instead of putzing around cleaning the originals, sand the cabinet, shop the game, leave the playfield flaws and you'll have a nice looking game pretty easily! Now's the time to do it and the game certainly deserves it!

1 week later
#57 5 years ago

Me and a bottle of rum are stripping the playfield right now. So many screws. Some of them breaking, or requiring angle grinder (fused to tnut). This part is gross. :p

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm downvoting you for even questioning such a trip

I'm down voting you because you like Toyota (hideous)

#59 5 years ago

Well, the playfield is stripped. Took like 6 hours, I didn't expect that. So many screws will need to be replaced I've ordered a tumbler to clean up the metal bits.

Can anyone tell me if it's ok to tumble screws, posts, and other threaded parts?

Also, how do you remove (and later reattach) the metals ends of ramps, given that they are rivetted in place?

Capture.PNG

#61 5 years ago

You will need some rivets a punch and a die.....or a C-clamp that been modded to do it.

#62 5 years ago

If you're tumbling posts with female threads, insert a screw before running them. Otherwise, you'll be picking media out of the threads. Not fun!

7 months later
#63 4 years ago

Playfield is re-assembled, save for the ramps as I am waiting on a ball gate assy to arrive and it goes on first.

Much like assembling a BBQ, I have a piece left over, I didn't see anywhere on the of to put this. Anyone know where it goes?

20160313_203446_(resized).jpg

20160313_203441_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 109.99
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside