Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Power (resized).jpeg
Mansion (resized).jpeg
General2 (resized).jpeg
LiteStar (resized).jpeg
General1 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hi,
Recently I bought my first pin, for home use only. The PF has some wear spots that I'd like to prevent from getting worse. I was planning to use Novus 2 and Novus 1 to clean the dirt and then wax it a couple of times.

Would you recommend Novus 2 to clean it? Is wax going to be enough or should I Mylar the whole PF?

Thanks in advance!

General1 (resized).jpeg

LiteStar (resized).jpeg

General2 (resized).jpeg

Mansion (resized).jpeg

Power (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

No Mylar for God's sake!!!

For home usage, a nice clean-up followed by a good waxing will last for years. And of course, change the ball often....

Yves

#3 3 years ago

Just think of all the people that use to cover their couches in yellowed plastic!!!

#4 3 years ago

LITE STAR? Is that a prototype pf or am I not remembering TAF correctly?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LITE STAR? Is that a prototype pf or am I not remembering TAF correctly?

Lite Star is a common insert on production games. It goes to the left side ramp, and it lights when you shoot the loop through the pop bumpers. The goal is to hit the ball up the side ramp in a combo shot from the loop, and a star will light on either side of the "THING" letter inserts on the speaker panel. The lite star is on a timer so you have to be quick. If you miss the shot as the ball comes around the loop, you probably won't get much of a second chance at it. The stars on either side of the THING letters are worth 5 million points each when you cash in the THING letters for points.

All of the above is as I recall it. Hopefully the 'ol memory is correct.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Lite Star is a common insert on production games. It goes to the left side ramp, and it lights when you shoot the loop through the pop bumpers. The goal is to hit the ball up the side ramp in a combo shot from the loop, and a star will light on either side of the "THING" letter inserts on the speaker panel. The lite star is on a timer so you have to be quick. If you miss the shot as the ball comes around the loop, you probably won't get much of a second chance at it. The stars on either side of the THING letters are worth 5 million points each when you cash in the THING letters for points.
All of the above is as I recall it. Hopefully the 'ol memory is correct.

The rule sounds right...just didn't remember the text on that insert? Are there some with other text there?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The rule sounds right...just didn't remember the text on that insert? Are there some with other text there?

Just the larger red Super Jackpot insert in front of it.

#8 3 years ago

No Mylar then.

Thanks for replies!

#9 3 years ago

I would wax first, then put Mylar over any common wear spots, or areas that are starting to wear.

Once the wear starts, it keeps growing, no matter how often you clean or replace balls - believe me.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I would wax first, then put Mylar over any common wear spots, or areas that are starting to wear.
Once the wear starts, it keeps growing, no matter how often you clean or replace balls - believe me.

I really dont see anything wrong with putting Mylar on a playfield that is on its way to getting trashed if you dont do something to it? I put mylar on my Firepower playfield because it had a few spots that was all the way through the paint and into the wood. It plays just fine and now I dont have to worry about the playfield getting totally trashed.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really dont see anything wrong with putting Mylar on a playfield that is on its way to getting trashed if you dont do something to it? I put mylar on my Firepower playfield because it had a few spots that was all the way through the paint and into the wood. It plays just fine and now I dont have to worry about the playfield getting totally trashed.

Agreed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside