Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a deposit on STLE but my problem is I already own STTNG and with only 3 pins I just think it would be redundant. Maybe if I had a bigger collection I wouldn't feel so strongly but could you imagine STLE and STTNG sitting side by side. I can't either...

So - should I move my money to WoZ or WoZLE or one of the recent Stern games. MET Dirty Donny is in stock and could come home today!!! ACDC Premium is also in stock and looks awesome.

Or - go the JJP way. I am very impressed with JJ. I just watched some of the videos on youtube about the company. Seems like a better place to work then Stern - that's for sure. He really seems to care and is putting everything into it. The features are innovative and I really respect that.

Is WOZLE that much better then just WOZ? Is it $1,700 better? I can't see waiting for the Hobbit.

What's your oPINion?

#2 10 years ago

My opinion is to play the shit out of the games and make your own opinion.

As for WOZLE or WOZ, no it is not $1,700 better.

#3 10 years ago

LE WOZ is definitely not $1700 better. It's hardly $500 better. Both look great. Make sure you play it first because it's getting mixed reviews in that department.

If you love rock band pins- ACDC all the way. If not- Tron!

#4 10 years ago

Friend of mine feels the same way. He already owns the STTNG as well and thought the pins kinda looks the same, but he's mixed right now. Kinda funny, I was thinking about selling my WOZLE on the list for the ST, but I'm waiting around to see what this ST looks like before I make a decision. The only friendly advise I could think of is wait to see what this ST pin looks and plays like, then make the decision like I'm going to have to face. LOL

#5 10 years ago

I would make sure I played each game first.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I have a deposit on STLE but my problem is I already own STTNG and with only 3 pins I just think it would be redundant.

This would be my only concern. You already have a Star Trek pin which I'm sure you paid a lot less for compared to the new LE. If you are a Trek collector go for it. If you play your games a lot having two out of three Trek pins might get old. With the amount of money either of these pins command, you have a ton of options to take that same amount and get anything really.

#7 10 years ago

I'm in same boat, have WozLE and thinking will go Ac/dc premium and pick up StLE later if prices drop or its really great...

#8 10 years ago

I would go with a WOZ standard unless you can snag an LE for close to list price. I agree that the game is a blast to play. I own a TZ and find WOZ to be even more complex than that game in terms of toys / features. The code is shaping up nicely and by the time Keith and Ted are done working on it we will have another masterpiece on our hands.

I own an ACDC Premium and you cant go wrong with buying one. I would ask yourself if you prefer games that are more points scoring orientated (ACDC) with lots of stragedy or deep mission bases games (WOZ) that make you feel like your on a quest. I find that ACDC fills that fast flow need for a pin but at the same time I want that story based game with a very deep ruleset that puts you on a quest with multiple paths to take to get there.

#9 10 years ago

Get a WOZ for sure.

#10 10 years ago

WOZ is a very polarizing game. But from the very first game I played on a prototype, I wanted it bad. And since playing a production game, I want it even more. I think it is great pinball, and really I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. Mine is on its way, and that is what matters to me.

But it isn't for everyone, just like any other game. I have an addiction to EBD, but others consider it boring. I love Tron, but others I know think it is too easy. So with that, we really come down to the most important part about pinball. Play the game first, and if you like it and want it, buy the ones YOU like to play and then play the snot out of it and have fun.

#11 10 years ago

I really appreciate everyone oPINion!

I will definitely be spending some time at the pinball store to figure out what game is next for me.

Maybe I should go in an older direction like TZ or something. I just don't know... such a big decision...

#12 10 years ago

Find them, play them, make decision then.

#13 10 years ago

There is no such thing as a WoZ LE... Its a Standard with minor, inexpensive upgrades.

Only one way to make the right decision... wait, play them and then decide.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

There is no such thing as a WoZ LE... Its a Standard with minor, inexpensive upgrades.

so its an LE then....
i thought that is what the definition of a LE pinball..... I will have to confirm with Webster on that...

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

so its an LE then....
i thought that is what the definition of a LE pinball..... I will have to confirm with Webster on that...
Scott
Detroit Pinball

Yes, the Standard is an LE or is the LE the Standard? I mean the Standard is much rarer than the LE but the LE is numbered... ohh, so is the Standard? But the LE is so unique it looks totally different from the Standard... maybe not?

See the dilemma?

#16 10 years ago

Stop preordering, buy games!

AKA get ACDC or MET!

#17 10 years ago

I'd buy a WOZ.

Stern just continues to make cheap games, yet everybody keeps buying them

I can't figure that out.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, the Standard is an LE or is the LE the Standard? I mean the Standard is much rarer than the LE but the LE is numbered... ohh, so is the Standard? But the LE is so unique it looks totally different from the Standard... maybe not?
See the dilemma?

No sale here Teekee, focus on what you sell, not what you don't.....

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'd buy a WOZ.
Stern just continues to make cheap games, yet everybody keeps buying them
I can't figure that out.

I'd buy a Stern because they are fun

JJP continues to come up with games to presell with few delivered and yet everyone keeps sending them money

I can't figure that out.

#20 10 years ago

I'd go for the standard WOZ.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

JJP continues to come up with games to presell with few delivered and yet everyone keeps sending them money

I can't figure that out.

The first rule of sales is to figure out "why".....when you lose sales to the competition.......

But you do really know right?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

JJP continues to come up with games to presell and yet everyone keeps sending them money
I can't figure that out.

Tiki Bird, with all the time you spend talking down WOZ, how could you still not get it? A new company came out with an amazing pinball machine that dollar for dollar is much better than the former "only" manufacturer and you don't like them. It is really that simple. I own a couple of Stern games, and like them a bunch. But I'm not wild about their latest. It just doesn't seem like an 8k game. But of course you can keep singing this tune. That is the priveledge of being on Pinside. But saying you don't get it? I just don't get that.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Tiki Bird, with all the time you spend talking down WOZ, how could you still not get it? A new company came out with an amazing pinball machine that dollar for dollar is much better than the former "only" manufacturer and you don't like them. It is really that simple. I own a couple of Stern games, and like them a bunch. But I'm not wild about their latest. It just doesn't seem like an 8k game. But of course you can keep singing this tune. That is the priveledge of being on Pinside. But saying you don't get it? I just don't get that.

It's simple, he's a little slow. Give it time.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

It's simple, he's a little slow. Give it time.

Plus, he secretly has a hard-on for WOZ. It's constantly on his mind, what other answer could there be?

#25 10 years ago

Buy something proven or a game that has dropped in price do to lack of code if you know the code is currently getting worked. At this point and time I would cherry pick new games and stick to what is proven. I will seek these games in a year or two maybe.

#26 10 years ago

Never thought I'd regard JJP pins as a huge bargain, but that's how they appear now. I hadn't looked one over closely inside and out until today, and the attention to detail is phenomenal. You can argue all day about preferred style of game play and selection of theme, but I don't see where there is a lot of room for disagreement concerning innovation and build quality. It is obvious that Jack wanted this thing to be absolutely top notch. 'Very impressive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-move-my-deposit-from-stle-to-wozle-or-just-woz-or-acdc-or-met and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.