Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Nemesis041
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I was going to wait a couple of months before I sold my no fear but a trade came up for the x-men that I really wanted...The game has been kicking my ass since it got here, before it goes should I make it to 10 ball game and see what I couldn't get to?

#2 8 years ago

haha...WOW 10 balls!

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was going to wait a couple of months before I sold my No Fear but a trade came up for the x-men that I really wanted...The game has been kicking my ass since it got here, before it goes should I make it to 10 ball game and see what I couldn't get to?

Are the outlanes all the way in? I'd start there first

#4 8 years ago

I had it set to 3 ball. I was getting better at it but this deal came up and its out of here tomorrow. My original time table was to sell around the York show.My high score is 3 Billion so I don't totally suck. I'm just wondering what I might have been missing.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I had it set to 3 ball. I was getting better at it but this deal came up and its out of here tomorrow. My original time table was to sell around the York show.My high score is 3 Billion so I don't totally suck. I'm just wondering what I might have been missing.

Well you can always set the buy extra ball amount up also.

#6 8 years ago

Nah, I wouldn't do it. It's not satisfying to "beat" the game on that setting. Just let it go, doing what you can on 3 balls and someday you'll still want to play the game again. If you spoil it, it's just one more machine that you'll have lesser interest in.

#7 8 years ago

No, you should never set a game to 10 ball. This is very bad and you will regret it. I once set a game to 10 ball and it has been haunting my dreams for about 3 years and 4 months. Please do not make the same mistake that I did...

#8 8 years ago

hey, it's your game and it's in your house... if you want to set it to 10 balls, go for it...

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

No, you should never set a game to 10 ball. This is very bad and you will regret it. I once set a game to 10 ball and it has been haunting my dreams for about 3 years and 4 months. Please do not make the same mistake that I did...

I agree with this - I played a 9 ball game of WPC once never could play again... It almost killed pinball for me its that bad of an idea!

#10 8 years ago

Might as well just take the glass off.

#11 8 years ago

I set it for 5 ball for a few games... Actually did worse...lol...then it was time to pack it up...

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Might as well just take the glass off.

you mean you aren't supposed to do that?

1 month later
#13 8 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

But setting it to 8ball is perfectly acceptable IMHO.

#14 8 years ago

Shadow is set to 5 ball right now in my house....still tough, but now I'm not trying to scratch my eyes out...I will change once I have put more games on it and start to get better.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Shadow is set to 5 ball right now in my house....still tough, but now I'm not trying to scratch my eyes out...I will change once I have put more games on it and start to get better.

Shadow is the *only* game I have ever set to five ball. Yes I will admit this shameful fact... And 90% of the time it STILL kicks my ass.

#16 8 years ago

She is a cruel beast.....the opposite of POTC

#17 8 years ago

I have never set either of my games to 10-balls at all. I wouldn't either, that would last way too long. I once set JY to 5-ball to see how I did, but I still stuck with three ball. Have at it with 5 on NF, but not 10 (Assuming you still play it, that is).

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside