“Should I have gone back?”

• Yes ,You should have turned right around gone back & made the deal 12 votes
    8%
  • No , You did the right thing 87 votes
    58%
  • The Dude was really jerking you around 51 votes
    34%

(150 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Lol Gryszzz thanks from me & my lady on the she's Hot comment! look forward to seeing you again @ Expo?

#52 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who voted & weighed in feeling good like I dodged a bullet .... knew it inside , but was nice to get confirmation as I am still a Noob best thing is cuz I posted about it I now have a line on & am going thru with a new deal on a nicer WH2o & its gonna come in a little under the final offer I made to that clown

#53 7 years ago

You did right

#54 7 years ago

Douchey seller & Rode-hard-and-put-away wet game. You'll find a better one.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I assume you were joking. It's always entertaining to me when people use CL like it's a pinside thread.

Nope not joking at all. You gotta remember there's lots of innocence people that don't read or care about Pinside (GASP) that can easily get themselves into trouble by over paying for a game that we all consider junk. I wish someone would have warned me a few years back about a Funhouse that was listed on CL and was a total waste of a six hour round trip. I ran out of there as fast as I could and went back and posted on CL for others to beware and stay away. I had many return emails from people thanking me for posting what I saw about the game and they were glad they didn't waste there time as well. It made me feel better about the whole experience and I sorta felt like it wasn't a total waste of time and gas if I helped out others.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#56 7 years ago

No deal is always better than a bad deal. You did the right thing. Patience, if you want a White Water, sooner or later you'll find the right one.

LTG : )

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Nope not joking at all. You gotta remember there's lots of innocence people that don't read or care about Pinside (GASP) that can easily get themselves into trouble by over paying for a game that we all consider junk. I wish someone would have warned me a few years back about a Funhouse that was listed on CL and was a total waste of a six hour round trip. I ran out of there as fast as I could and went back and posted on CL for others to beware and stay away. I had many return emails from people thanking me for posting what I saw about the game and they were glad they didn't waste there time as well. It made me feel better about the whole experience and I sorta felt like it wasn't a total waste of time and gas if I helped out others.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I can understand that viewpoint but if people are willing to spend $4000 without doing a quick 2 minute google search to find recent prices on games then they aren't very smart with their money. Pinside is one of the first sites that comes up when searching on google.

#58 7 years ago

I won't drive anything over an hour if price isn't agreed to over phone with lots of pictures. The price was crazy to begin with. That's a $3000 dollar pin. Any more would be a pass. Any seller that gives me the "well I have an offer higher then" I tell them to take because I'm only willing to offer less then, not more then. Give him your offer and say and let him know he can call you if he want to sell at that price. There are hundreds of pins out there.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Yes, you should have went back and kicked him in his nut's.

While I wouldn't suggest it, this reply did make me laugh!

I think you made the right choice.

#60 7 years ago

I would have said I was coming back,then never showed.

#61 7 years ago

Damn, with 70 votes, looks like you dodged a bullet lol

#62 7 years ago

Glad you passed on it my friend.
Russ had a minty restored one for just a bit more, or if I get tired of mine, well its $3500 at most.

Youll find a great one with a bit of patience.

Art

#63 7 years ago

Screw that dude
He's s turkey!

#64 7 years ago

Never do business with an asshole

Unless it's PW79

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Never do business with an asshole
Unless it's PW79

For whatever reason I will always agree with PW79

#66 7 years ago

Good you passed. This guy has his eyes set on a ghostbusters LE for 13k.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:Any seller that gives me the "well I have an offer higher then" I tell them to take because I'm only willing to offer less then, not more then.

The guy absolutely had a higher offer, in all likelihood from someone reading this thread. I have bought a lot of stuff on CL, pins and otherwise, and I have NEVER had a seller say he had a higher offer on anything besides a pinball machine.

#68 7 years ago

Even after all of these comments in favor of your decision I bet you may have some regrets in the back of your mind.

But wipe them away. If the machine appeared as you saw it from the outside.

If the outside is bad the internals can only be worse.

Just imagine the state of the boards,assemblies,switches,hacks etc.

Machine probably needed a full restoration to get it into a really decent shape.

Hope you find a good WH20.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-have-gone-back/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.