7%

(136 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1424 (resized).JPG
IMG_1423 (resized).JPG
IMG_1414 (resized).JPG
IMG_1413 (resized).JPG
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I want to add a machine to my collection, been eyeing a Metallica for a while. Should I get a Metallica Premium, or wait for something else?

#2 7 years ago

This is my new post with the correct poll, BUMP

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Should I get a Metallica Premium

YES!

#4 7 years ago

Love mine. Highly recommend.

#5 7 years ago

If you have several grand to blow on a new game thats complete and plays well, then why not. It's the best value with the best package of what's on your list. Really can't go wrong.

#6 7 years ago

Awesome game. Can't go wrong. Holding its value well also

#7 7 years ago

Yes. It's proven. I have a pro...made to play close to premium with the light show etc, & it's going nowhere. I just got BM66 Prem last night so it's too early to say. Seems awesome to start, especially considering severely early code, but we'll see. You've got a lot of good options in your poll. Easy answer though is yes, get a Metallica.

#8 7 years ago

Get Metallica now, trade it in a year after others out for awhile

#9 7 years ago

I had a met pro and liked it so much I upgraded to a premium. Worth every penny for the upgrade in my opinion.

#10 7 years ago

I definitely would, BUT i would buy a nice used one from a older run as the older playfield were great. my first run premium still looks like new, no cliffys or protectors.

#11 7 years ago

MoPLE and premiums come up for sale fairly frequently.

Either one and try and find one modded out as there are some really good mods for this game.

#12 7 years ago

I just picked up a NIB yesterday....love this pin!

#13 7 years ago

One of the best games ever created........Flat out awesome from art, to rules, to flow. Like all games, you will eventually get sick of it, but it takes 2 years+.

#14 7 years ago

Get Metallica its a great game

#15 7 years ago

Anyone know how the playfields are doing in the recent builds?

#16 7 years ago

Not sure how you feel about the PRO, I went from a MOPLE to a PRO and dont miss it in the least.... Great game either way

#17 7 years ago

I have a custom refinery edition forsale that would blow the premium out of the water. Pm if interested.

#18 7 years ago

i would get a metallica pro. I do not like the premium on this one. The hammer is ugly and positioned in a crappy spot. The effect isn't the great either. THis is one case, i'd take a pro over a premium.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone know how the playfields are doing in the recent builds?

Having just bought NIB this past Wednesday.....my build was in Nov 16, but date on the PF was in April 16. So, I'm hoping that Stern knows what date/playfield maker is having the issues and are putting good quality ones into the new builds!!

#20 7 years ago

Just ordered MET premium yesterday. Shipping from stern to local Dist. Curious to see what PF date is.

#21 7 years ago

I just opened my second nib Metalica this week " play field was perfect", it's a truely great game, I have had both and in my opinion the premium is the way to go. I really enjoy the many extras it offers. the sound when you hit / break the snake jaw is great and I really love the physical ball lock and associated multiball launch. The color changing GI makes a big impact also.

#22 7 years ago

yes, get one

#23 7 years ago

Yes. It's one of my favorite games in my collection. Pro is an 8. Premium/LE is a 9+.

#24 7 years ago

I did it! Delivery is scheduled for this morning

#25 7 years ago

I ended up with a pro but either way metallica is just great,No regrets and not ever selling mine!If I was buying nib I would have went premium but the pro fell in my lap locally.Good choice,You won't regret it.

#26 7 years ago

I don't think the premium is worth the extra cash. I do like the light show and spinners but that hammer is terrible. Total turn off for me. Either way, it's the best pin Stern is currently selling and perhaps best Stern ever. Everything is balanced just right and flat out fun to play. Huge rush when you get a bunch of stuff going at the same time. I also love the crank it up modes. Not to hard to get to and lots of risk and reward.

#27 7 years ago

I have a loaded Premium and love it.

I'm not a fan of the band, but the game play is a blast for me. It is probably my 2nd favorite Stern after IronMan.

#28 7 years ago

I can't say YES Loud enough.
It is Sterns best and most complete pin in my opinion.
Ghostbusters is catching up but it will take awhile before the code is close to Metallica.

#29 7 years ago

Metallica Premium is awesome. You will love it.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't think the premium is worth the extra cash. I do like the light show and spinners but that hammer is terrible. Total turn off for me. Either way, it's the best pin Stern is currently selling and perhaps best Stern ever. Everything is balanced just right and flat out fun to play. Huge rush when you get a bunch of stuff going at the same time. I also love the crank it up modes. Not to hard to get to and lots of risk and reward.

I love the Hammer, I think thats such a unique feature!

#31 7 years ago

Metallica Monster Premium in da house! Came today and finally got it into the house and setup. Put a few games in and loving is so far. Playfield date is November 4th and it looks really good right out of the box. Gonna be a fun weekend!

IMG_1413 (resized).JPGIMG_1413 (resized).JPG

IMG_1414 (resized).JPGIMG_1414 (resized).JPG

IMG_1423 (resized).JPGIMG_1423 (resized).JPG

IMG_1424 (resized).JPGIMG_1424 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#32 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Metallica Monster Premium in da house! Came today and finally got it into the house and setup. Put a few games in and loving is so far. Playfield date is November 4th and it looks really good right out of the box. Gonna be a fun weekend!

Just curious how the PF is holding up now that you have had it over a week. Im thinking of buying, just hoping the PF issues arent showing up on the newer games.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Just curious how the PF is holding up now that you have had it over a week. Im thinking of buying, just hoping the PF issues arent showing up on the newer games.

We've put a couple hundred games on it so far and I don't see any issues with the playfield. I don't think they ever really did have issues with Metallica, I suspect they did not change manufactures because it's been around for so long and later runs are likely too small for a new company to tool up for it. Just my guess though

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I love the Hammer, I think thats such a unique feature!

Yep - me too. Ideally, I'd replace mine with a better looking customized one such as Aurich's mod, but I wouldn't want a MET without one now. Such a cool gameplay feature!

#35 7 years ago

Biggest problem with hammer for me is that it blocks visibilty. Getting a ball lock on a pro is pretty weak. Both versions are awesome games. It's still the game I play the most. Congrats on getting a prem, wacky! I recommend getting a colordmd and subwoofer. Those really take this pin up a notch.

#36 7 years ago

What does the hammer block for you? People have said that and when I play mine I try and see whats being blocked for them but there is nothing blocked for me.

#37 7 years ago

I'm glad I found this thread. I am buying my first machine and am on the fence between getting a new Metallica, Walking Dead or a really nice Star Trek TNG. I'm really looking hard at a refinery edition Metpro. Decisions decisions.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I'm glad I found this thread. I am buying my first machine and am on the fence between getting a new Metallica, Walking Dead or a really nice Star Trek TNG. I'm really looking hard at a refinery edition Metpro. Decisions decisions.

All 3 are really good games. If you are wanting NIB can't got wrong with TWD or Met, STTNG will always be available on the used market. I have all 3 and they all get a lot of play, the drains on STTNG frustrate a lot of my casual player friends, Met and TWD are liked by everyone. I can't pick a favorite between the 3, I think they are all staying for a long long time. I think for a first game I'd avoid STTNG unless you are confident in your repair skills.

#39 7 years ago

I agree on all of your points. I do worry that the price on STTNG will just keep going up and up and much harder to find at a good price. The Met and TWD will be around due to the volume being sold and I do worry about the future value of those. What is more important is how much fun me and my family will have. I want a game that I will still be trying to master years from now. From everything I have read and researched Metallica sounds to be better than TWD.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

I agree on all of your points. I do worry that the price on STTNG will just keep going up and up and much harder to find at a good price. The Met and TWD will be around due to the volume being sold and I do worry about the future value of those. What is more important is how much fun me and my family will have. I want a game that I will still be trying to master years from now. From everything I have read and researched Metallica sounds to be better than TWD.

Your family will get frustrated with STTNG, the language in Met might be a problem though I think there is a family mode. If I were looking to please a family I'd look at a TSPP or a MMr or maybe a WOZ

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

What does the hammer block for you? People have said that and when I play mine I try and see whats being blocked for them but there is nothing blocked for me.

I have a hard time seeing the coffin shot without bending down and the shot up the middle to sparky is partially obscured by the hammer. Pro is just so much cleaner seeing those shots and have no problem hitting them when needed. I guess you would get used to it on the premium.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Your family will get frustrated with STTNG, the language in Met might be a problem though I think there is a family mode. If I were looking to please a family I'd look at a TSPP or a MMr or maybe a WOZ

MET has a family mode but it's still on the strong side of PG. It just blips out some of the bad words but pretty obvious what they are saying. My kids are old enough where it's not a big deal but I do turn the sound down real low when other people are over with young kids. Most people that come over don't care about the pins anyways so it's not really a big deal. Those that do play only play a little and then they are done. That's why I only get games I like and not worry so much about what the kids like. My kids used to play a little but rarely anymore.

#43 7 years ago

If the hammer is that much in the way you could just take it off and pull the plunger out of the coil. The ball lock would still work the same. Its a little extreme but then you would get all the other features.

I love the hammer on mine though doesn't block my view and the game wouldn't be the same without the physical snake lock.

#44 7 years ago

Well I did it....I took the jump and ordered my Met Pro. I am beyond excited to get it. Thank You Melissa and Steve for all of your help.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I had a met pro and liked it so much I upgraded to a premium. Worth every penny for the upgrade in my opinion.

I did the same. Was so impressed with Metallica I said I want the best version and it's a fantastic upgrade. Changed to Newton and it's really a top game. Love the hammer smash vs the weak soft lock and the light show, spinners. Nice compliment to gb prem

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Agree. I don't get it

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My 7 year old hasn't taken interest in any pin I have until I got Met premium last week.

#48 7 years ago

I said it once and I'll say it again....... Go with the PRO. I had a MOPLe and no matter what anyone tells you the magnet does not grab the ball all the time. Went down to a pro and dont miss the hammer even slightly.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I said it once and I'll say it again....... Go with the PRO. I had a MOPLe and no matter what anyone tells you the magnet does not grab the ball all the time. Went down to a pro and dont miss the hammer even slightly.

Maybe it was just your LE? my premium grabs the ball every time -

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Maybe it was just your LE? my premium grabs the ball every time -

Funny , I played other premiums that people told me the same thing..... magnet would grab ball only about 75 % of the time or less.

Heres a recent video of gameplay. Only watched the begining but on the first lock is lit he hit it twice and did not lock the ball . Dribbles out the snake and it grabs the lock... Works great. I sure if I watch the whole thing and other videos you will see the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-get-a-metallica-premium-1?hl=thanos75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.