(Topic ID: 255797)

Should I fight this rental car damage claim or use my AMEX insurance?

By jake35

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RipleYYY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BCB56D76-FC3D-4DA7-B184-203C2537246B (resized).jpeg
    nypd_blew.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I rented a car with "Advantage" car rental in Orlando (never use them). Anyway, after the dropping off the van to them in the Orlando airport parking garage, the attendant checked the mileage fuel etc. and we were on our way. 3 weeks later (today) I get a bill from them for $2,900 for repairs that were needed. Apparently some dimwit must have damaged the pass side door after we dropped it off.
    Should I fight it or just let my insurance pay? They claim they don't inspect them until the next day after they are dropped off, and I am liable until then, which is BS.

Fight it. Tell them to send you pictures of the vehicle when you dropped it off with a time and date stamp showing the damage. If there is any gap between when you dropped it and the picture they took then tell them to gtfoh. I’ve had it happen before and that’s what I did. I kept telling them ‘pics or it didn’t happen’ and they finally dropped it.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

For peace of mind
    No scary letters demanding $$$
    No calls to make fighting Your case. No pinside threads to make.
    And no stress which leads to hypertension, heart attack and stroke.

I find fighting with rental car agencies fun. Especially when they pull that stuff. Its hilarious to watch them panic when you press them for pictures, evidence etc. I'd never pay for their fuel option scam or extra insurance. Those are worse than carnival games.

Most high end credit cards cover you anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-fight-this-rental-car-damage-claim-or-use-my-amex-insurance?tu=pinfactory2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.