(Topic ID: 259074)

Should I enter a tournament if I suck? Am I just embarassing myself?

By cyberslunk

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tournamentbound (resized).jpg
    source (resized).png
    compete.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 4 years ago

I haven't played pinball competitively for around a decade until a week ago. I figured I'd enter just for fun. The night started out feeling like I was going to take last place and I was fine with that; I was just happy to be back in it again playing some new pins, seeing some new faces and some I haven't seen in awhile either. Turns out I took 3rd for the night.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from cyberslunk:

compared to pros I would be considered laughably bad. Should I still enter for the heck of it or is this frowned upon?

If you think about it, you are either going to have laughing, or frowning, but not both. But I honestly don't see either happening. If anything you should laugh at yourself if you do well, or poorly. Most importantly, have fun, and don't care about how you do or what other people think.

Most people who really care about how they are doing in a tournament/ league will be worrying about being neck and neck with the person scoring a little better or worse than themselves. Or they are going to be thinking about...what if i nudged the game a little more or little less/ would I have done better or worse.

That way you can't lose. This can be applied outside of pinball as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-enter-a-tournament-if-i-suck-am-i-just-embarassing-myself?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.