• Latest reply 4 years ago by PaulCoff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should I drive 22 hours for a Mousin Around ”

• I like you man, but your crazy 114 votes
    36%
  • Do it!!!! And post pictures so we can laugh collectively at how pathetic you are 71 votes
    22%
  • I only got through the first paragraph before I voted 13 votes
    4%
  • You do you man. 89 votes
    28%
  • Who the **** is this guy?! 33 votes
    10%

(320 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FA844BA9-ABC8-414F-B725-BEF4DA61F266 (resized).jpeg
77481650-C920-4F62-98F7-9725FE58E15E (resized).jpeg
20200129_213818 (resized).jpg
22B96157-B3DC-4850-9EAC-6B761B13A9D9 (resized).jpeg
404EF00F-A43D-43AB-B108-3D0BEC571F5C (resized).jpeg
A37025AC-27C5-47B1-B632-1D2F1AF5032E (resized).jpeg
com (resized).jpg
1DCE5206-49F8-4845-9D7A-F2C2D20CB9F5 (resized).jpeg
2F64C4C0-9741-4F22-86D5-F7A010E1A19A (resized).jpeg
06BF169E-30B5-407F-9476-317191CFF119 (resized).jpeg
4CBD815A-5364-4CB9-9C61-9A541276B595 (resized).jpeg
7293EEC7-E730-4E32-903D-9675EAB24814.gif
1DF7A841-5C7F-4519-B362-01DD2E4EDE55 (resized).jpeg
8FCF4BE9-519E-4FBE-A1F0-9FB11EC3D2BD (resized).jpeg
Mousin Around shirt.png
CF297236-71F8-405A-974C-7AC51B923579 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

There were 15 Mousin' Arounds listed for sale on Pinside in 2019. Some closer to you. Some farther away.

There were 12 that were listed for sale on pinside in 2018.

I'm guessing you will get another chance to buy one.

Does the math work out for shipping? Your time, your gas, the wear and tear on your car, and one, maybe two nights in a motel needs to be less than STI to make driving the distance worth it.

Call STI and get the ship quote. Then make your decision.

But if you are confident that the one you are studying on is all that he says/you think it is, if it is in great condition, if you think the weather will cooperate, then take the trip.

#47 4 years ago

All of my pins have been long trips.

Big Game was the shortest at 400 miles RT

Seawitch was 2200 miles RT

Nine Ball was 1200 miles RT

Game Plan Captain Hook was 1500 miles RT

Catacomb was 3000 miles RT.

Munsters was 2000 miles RT (STI quoted me $450.00 to ship). $450.00 made the trip worth it even with gas, motel, and crappy highway food.

There were two trips to Cleveland for 2000 miles RT for each trip.

I have had 2 shipped in.

I have no regrets making these chases.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

f-----ing WHY THOUGH?
You're 700 miles round trip from Dallas.
400 from Kansas city... which always has like 5x the amount of games listed as Dallas..
Oklahoma City - 300.
It's one thing if these were all collector games in mint condition. If you drove 3000 miles for anything that was anything less than a HEP.......I mean seriously, 3k miles on your car for a CATACOMB?!?! Where did you go? LOS ANGELES?!?

1st) I wanted a Catacomb.

2nd) At that point in time one that was for sale in California was $3000.00 and the seller would not come off that price.

3rd) A couple of months later 2 came up for sale. One in Oregon. One in Boca Raton Florida.

I would have preferred the one in Oregon but the seller was getting wishy-washy. Florida worked out.

4th) The seller did not want to ship and wanted cash on glass. What do you do?

5th) It’s a hobby, best described as throwing money to the wind. It’s pinball. There is no way I will try to cost-justify it.

It helped that I have friends in Atlanta and was able socialize and spend the night in both directions.

Since that time two years ago only 4 Catacombs have sold on Pinside and one sold on EBay (for a pile of money).

In the past two years I have met more pin people and have played a lot of different pins. It has been a learning experience.

I have no regrets. I am very happy with the pins I have chosen for my limited space. Not interested in selling or trading.

Of course, I wish they had all been closer but that is not the way it works.

The only deal I still chafe over is one pin I had shipped out of New York. Two weeks later a nicer unit came up for sale in Omaha for a little less money. That would have been a day trip and saved the $400.00 ship fee.

#119 4 years ago

EDIT: Misspoken.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Plus 1 for Torpedo Alley. I had a harrowing road trip for one with stiff competition! I started driving for 2 hours before I even got the address. I figured “hey we’ll be that much closer when we finally find out where we’re going!”
It’s taken me at least a solid few months of work off and on the past year to finally get that sucker playing!
It would take a lot to make me part with it.

What happened to the stiff competition? Were you there, loaded up and gone before the competition arrived?

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yep, that was the whole point! Driving there before anyone, even the seller was ready! Risky tactic but it worked out and everyone was happy in the end. There were so many people in line I didn’t want to risk a case of “oh you can’t make it today? I’ve got 2 other guys coming to look at it. Whoever is here soonest gets it”
It wasn’t implied, but with all the interest you know how some folks can get “I’ll overpay THIS much if you sell it out from under that guy”

I had a couple of chases where I would text the seller about every hour to say, " I am in XYZ Kansas now. Stopped to gas up. I'm 3 hours away.
I stopped at McDonalds in Tulsa for a burger. I'm 2 hours away. "

That kind of stuff to let them know that I will be there.

If it is a hot pin, you gotta do what you gotta do.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Alright my friends. The time has come. The clock struck midnight and I don’t have a Mousin’ Around in my game room. Which means I have NO choice but to drive the 22 hours to get gov ‘s. I will be leaving at 10:00 p.m. (yes, pm) Thursday, February 6, to Springfield, MO. I will be updating this thread with silly pictures and comments of where my travels lead me, in case any of you want to blow me a kiss as I’m driving through your beautiful city. The adventure awaits!

Google Earth shows that you have Interstate Highway all the way. With a night drive, that is very good. Drink lots of coffee. If the caffeine does not keep you awake, the need to pee will keep you alert

1 week later
#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Damn, that’s a fine example. I now see why you made the drive. Congrats!

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

That machine looks very nice absolutely worth the trip. I drove almost 16 hours round-trip to get my Whitewater machine so I totally get it. Nice to see a positive thread on pinside here for a change also. Now all we need to see is a pic of you playing it to close this puppy down.

Yeah. If the pics are not lying, you have made a nice score.

1 week later
#286 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So what was with the ramps on the Mousin' you were thinking of?

At the end of the ramps are trap doors to slow the ball down a little before it rolls in front of the flipper. The doors are held in with screws. Remove those trap doors and the difference in your reflex speed that is needed is tremendous. I played a MA at TPF last year. Played it twice and walked. Then I played the one Hans is talking about. I was ready to dig deep and take that one home.

If you like them fast, take the doors off. You can always put them back on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-drive-22-hours-round-trip-for-a-mousin-around-poll-included?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.