• Latest reply 4 years ago by PaulCoff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should I drive 22 hours for a Mousin Around ”

• I like you man, but your crazy 114 votes
    36%
  • Do it!!!! And post pictures so we can laugh collectively at how pathetic you are 71 votes
    22%
  • I only got through the first paragraph before I voted 13 votes
    4%
  • You do you man. 89 votes
    28%
  • Who the **** is this guy?! 33 votes
    10%

(320 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FA844BA9-ABC8-414F-B725-BEF4DA61F266 (resized).jpeg
77481650-C920-4F62-98F7-9725FE58E15E (resized).jpeg
20200129_213818 (resized).jpg
22B96157-B3DC-4850-9EAC-6B761B13A9D9 (resized).jpeg
404EF00F-A43D-43AB-B108-3D0BEC571F5C (resized).jpeg
A37025AC-27C5-47B1-B632-1D2F1AF5032E (resized).jpeg
com (resized).jpg
1DCE5206-49F8-4845-9D7A-F2C2D20CB9F5 (resized).jpeg
2F64C4C0-9741-4F22-86D5-F7A010E1A19A (resized).jpeg
06BF169E-30B5-407F-9476-317191CFF119 (resized).jpeg
4CBD815A-5364-4CB9-9C61-9A541276B595 (resized).jpeg
7293EEC7-E730-4E32-903D-9675EAB24814.gif
1DF7A841-5C7F-4519-B362-01DD2E4EDE55 (resized).jpeg
8FCF4BE9-519E-4FBE-A1F0-9FB11EC3D2BD (resized).jpeg
Mousin Around shirt.png
CF297236-71F8-405A-974C-7AC51B923579 (resized).jpeg

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Those games are a little more rare then a mousin around.

Heh, if that isn't the Understatement Of The (short new) Decade.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

All of my pins have been long trips.
Big Game was the shortest at 400 miles RT
Seawitch was 2200 miles RT
Nine Ball was 1200 miles RT
Game Plan Captain Hook was 1500 miles RT
Catacomb was 3000 miles RT.
Munsters was 2000 miles RT (STI quoted me $450.00 to ship). $450.00 made the trip worth it even with gas, motel, and crappy highway food.
There were two trips to Cleveland for 2000 miles RT for each trip.
I have had 2 shipped in.
I have no regrets making these chases.

f-----ing WHY THOUGH?

You're 700 miles round trip from Dallas.
400 from Kansas city... which always has like 5x the amount of games listed as Dallas..
Oklahoma City - 300.

It's one thing if these were all collector games in mint condition. If you drove 3000 miles for anything that was anything less than a HEP.......I mean seriously, 3k miles on your car for a CATACOMB?!?! Where did you go? LOS ANGELES?!?

#53 4 years ago

I did 14 hours round trip over two days to get my Jurassic Park Lost World. It was a project, as it was missing the CPU. I had one. It was meant to be.

#54 4 years ago

I drove from Edmonton to Pine Colorado and back in 2 and 1/2 days for a super minty Black Rose....
May have been crazy but not sorry I did it ....

#55 4 years ago

no go. don't do it.

#56 4 years ago

Ok ? Is it for free ? What’s the deal

#57 4 years ago

I fell asleep driving my mini truck years ago...winter night...heater blazing...90lb Doberman sleeping with her head on my lap and I promptly joined her...we both sprung back to consciousness after the explosion of my truck drifting into and bouncing off the guard rail

Man that could have been so much worse!

#58 4 years ago

Only 22 hours round trip? Cakewalk. I’ve driven 22 hours one way to get a couple of my holy grail games - just not all at once. Did a few overnight stops to make it doable.

So do it. Particularly if it’s a game you know you will keep. And especially if it’s in great shape to collectible condition.

#59 4 years ago

Get it shipped?

#60 4 years ago

I would never do it. Find one in a 2 hour drive from home or find another game. There are thousands of games and you just have to have a mousin around?

#61 4 years ago

It's been over a decade now but I bought my BOP off of eBay from a listing in Atlanta with no real idea of how I was going to get it to the DC area. I figured 'what the heck - 10 hours each way'. Well I talked to the seller and he was able to put it on a truck to Allentown and I met it there with my son. Point is, maybe you and the seller can find a creative solution (maybe with the help of a 3rd party) to make a meeting in the middle somewhere?

I still have the game and just got one of the repro playfields from from Peter in Germany, so yea, I think it was the right decision to pull the trigger and find a way to make it work. You should too.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#62 4 years ago

I did this last year, 12 hours each way for a Mousin Around. 1.5 - 2 hours at sellers house, 6 hours of sleep in the Van, but i really wanted it, and i had let 2 slip by me before. Probably wouldnt do it again, Unless it was a game on my top 5 list. Did you contact Bob Cunningham for a quote?

#63 4 years ago

I literally just made a deal to sell my Mousin Around yesterday.

#64 4 years ago

How much this thing ?
Condition ?

Gas cost of 22 hrs of driving , miles west and tear ?

$200 bucks and you get good feel road trip out of it

$2000 bucks and the good feel not so much

I would find a shipper who can do if for couple hundred bucks

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Pinside has fallen short of innocent personal threads as of recently and I thought it’d be nice to help contribute as I always enjoy reading others.
The year is 2020. Perfect vision. A fresh start. My wife says it’s time we make a baby, which means my time and money that goes towards pinball is coming to a screaming (pun) halt.
I promised her only 1 new (to me) pin a year from now on. No more, no less. However, I made a clause in our contact that I can sell and trade out what I currently have accumulated. Being the impulsive person I am I bought a Haunted House on Jan. 1. Oof. Great game but realized quickly that it was not the game I wanted to represent my 2020 pin and I already have enough spooky pinballs.
Somehow I got it in my brain that Mousin Around is my 2020 pin. Played it about 3 months ago on location and haven’t been able to get it out of my head. I have to have it. For the record, the more in to pinball I get, the less I’m interested in rulezy and mode based games. Give me freedom and give me flow. My Taxi gets way more plays than my TAF. I’m embarrassed by that but that’s just where I’m at I guess.
So what do you guys think? I haven’t had an ounce of luck finding one locally and the closest to me is gov machine in Springfield, MO a whopping 11 hours away from me one way. I drove 17 hours to Chicago and back in one day, and I’m not afraid of a challenge! As one should receive all good advice, I told my wife that I will let the voices of pinside decide my fate. So it’s up to you! I will make my decision by next Saturday, February 1, 2020

Ohhhh... I think you're seeing the same Mousing around, I've been seeing.Think its a little overpriced. But, if you like the pin, you like the pin. And I've been known to overpay on the pins I've wanted to get. Its not really overpaying if you want it. At least that's how I think of certain things.
As to the drive. I would never do that. But, I hate driving, as I've been in way to many wrecks, and I try to avoid driving when possible.

All I would say. be safe and be smart about it. And then have fun and do what you think is best. Another pin is always a good thing(at least to me).
And I think that's a fun one. Only played it 2 different times. So best of luck to you!

#66 4 years ago

This thread was posted 11 hours at time of this post....you would be picking it up right now if you left when you started this thread.

#67 4 years ago

Fak ya! Do it! I did a 1400 mile round trip one time for a Tron. Automatic pinball man card.....

#70 4 years ago

Trade your HH for the one advertised on pinside in Pa.

#71 4 years ago

What’s your time worth ? You can get it shipped for $200-$450 depending on shipper. If your time is worth more than between $10 and $20 an hour I would get it shipped and save the risk of driving on America’s Pothole lined highways

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from whizz:

I did reach out to him, but have had no response I had that ad in the back of my head when I bought the Haunted House.

#73 4 years ago

Why is, NO Don't do it, Not an option on your poll?

#74 4 years ago

Based on this price and info

Don’t do it !!

#75 4 years ago

I drove 10 hrs one way to St. Louis and another 10 back to pick up my SM. I figured it was a game I wanted badly and the condition and price were on target so I got it. If it’s worth it to you go for it.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Why is, NO Don't do it, Not an option on your poll?

I haven't posted the "how to make a logically correct poll" yet -- my bad. I won't forget! It's sorely needed on Pinside...

Use #1 for the obvious "no" answer.
-mof

#77 4 years ago

I'd say pass if it's the one someone linked? .. must be a reason it's been for sale for over a month?

#78 4 years ago

Pics of the shooter lane?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

All of my pins have been long trips.
Big Game was the shortest at 400 miles RT
Seawitch was 2200 miles RT
Nine Ball was 1200 miles RT
Game Plan Captain Hook was 1500 miles RT
Catacomb was 3000 miles RT.
Munsters was 2000 miles RT (STI quoted me $450.00 to ship). $450.00 made the trip worth it even with gas, motel, and crappy highway food.
There were two trips to Cleveland for 2000 miles RT for each trip.
I have had 2 shipped in.
I have no regrets making these chases.

I could see it for most of those games, not easy to find.

John

#80 4 years ago

Hmm....we'll it does have LED's.....

John

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from whizz:

There's one in Pa.?

#82 4 years ago

It depends if you have a nice vehicle or not to make the trip relaxing & safe.

You'll only have to take a few years off and then you can take your kid(s) with you once they're 3-5 years old. Mine got to meet Bill Doll (one of the York show hosts) when they were that age. When my son was 7, he got to meet Jeffrey Lawton and his now Late wife Carol who were so gracious hosts at their home and Bingo emporium.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

f-----ing WHY THOUGH?
You're 700 miles round trip from Dallas.
400 from Kansas city... which always has like 5x the amount of games listed as Dallas..
Oklahoma City - 300.
It's one thing if these were all collector games in mint condition. If you drove 3000 miles for anything that was anything less than a HEP.......I mean seriously, 3k miles on your car for a CATACOMB?!?! Where did you go? LOS ANGELES?!?

1st) I wanted a Catacomb.

2nd) At that point in time one that was for sale in California was $3000.00 and the seller would not come off that price.

3rd) A couple of months later 2 came up for sale. One in Oregon. One in Boca Raton Florida.

I would have preferred the one in Oregon but the seller was getting wishy-washy. Florida worked out.

4th) The seller did not want to ship and wanted cash on glass. What do you do?

5th) It’s a hobby, best described as throwing money to the wind. It’s pinball. There is no way I will try to cost-justify it.

It helped that I have friends in Atlanta and was able socialize and spend the night in both directions.

Since that time two years ago only 4 Catacombs have sold on Pinside and one sold on EBay (for a pile of money).

In the past two years I have met more pin people and have played a lot of different pins. It has been a learning experience.

I have no regrets. I am very happy with the pins I have chosen for my limited space. Not interested in selling or trading.

Of course, I wish they had all been closer but that is not the way it works.

The only deal I still chafe over is one pin I had shipped out of New York. Two weeks later a nicer unit came up for sale in Omaha for a little less money. That would have been a day trip and saved the $400.00 ship fee.

#84 4 years ago
download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#85 4 years ago

Nope, not worth it

#86 4 years ago

I did reach out to him, but have had no response I had that ad in the back of my head when I bought the Haunted House.

That'd be the perfect deal. Keep trying to get ahold of him. Of course some guys list things and then don't take down the ads for a long time.

#87 4 years ago

The craigslist link for $1800 in Minni is a wanted ad posted by M E

Yeah and you posted that wanted ad about 24hrs after one went for $1250.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Yeah and you posted that wanted ad about 24hrs after one went for $1250.

Sadly I’ve had this ad up for a couple of weeks and someone sent me the link to that one for $1250 and she was GAWN! Afterwards I updated my ad to raise the stakes.

#89 4 years ago

I’ll tell you what: I’ll sell you a nicer MA for $2,300, located just outside of Boston.

You get to save $200 AND add some time/distance to your road trip! Everybody wins!!!!

In all seriousness, this hobby is often less about pinball and more about the experience. I certainly wouldn’t drive 22 hours for a MA, but I’ve done plenty of things others wouldn’t consider. To each their own. It will make for an adventure and a story if nothing else.

#90 4 years ago

Lord no.

You’ll end up selling it in 6 months wondering why you spent a complete day of your life retrieving it in the first place.

If you must have it pay the $400 to get it shipped.

#91 4 years ago

nope, not for a mousin around.

#92 4 years ago

If you need a little adventure and are bored, so thats why you are considering it, plan a fun roadtrip and enjoy. If you are doing it because you want a nice mousin around..F@ck it, I have noticed the futher I drive for a pin, the more disappointed I am. Good Luck

#93 4 years ago

Theres a Mousin Around for sale an hour and a half from my house for about the same price, and Its been for sale since early last December. These particular games dont seem to get snapped up immediately. If I just had to have one, Id wait it out for one closer if I were you.

#94 4 years ago

Everytime I read a post like this I am thankful for Chris fox. I can't believe you would even consider this. Some people don't value time I guess.

#95 4 years ago

Simple, “No”.........The game is not worth it!

#96 4 years ago

Yep. I would do it if it was the game that I want and I had the time and money. I did a 13 hour round trip after working a 16 hour shift and napping for 2 hours before I hit the road at 2am. ACDC premium before the vault came out and I would do it again.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Everytime I read a post like this I am thankful for Chris fox. I can't believe you would even consider this. Some people don't value time I guess.

Just want to echo some of the sentiment that others have been sharing. I’m only considering this for the adventure, story and to have something fun to talk about on pinside. My time is very valuable to me and I work long and hard hours in a very stressful field. Doing reasonably safe and illogical things, such as driving 22 hours to pick up an overpriced B list pinball, is somewhat therapeutic as it is such a deviation from what I deal with on a daily basis. I’m still hoping to find one closer but the clock is ticking! Just want to make it clear that I’m not a complete idiot.. but maybe just a little

#98 4 years ago

Just want to echo some of the sentiment that others have been sharing. I’m only considering this for the adventure, story and to have something fun to talk about on pinside. My time is very valuable to me and I work long and hard hours in a very stressful field. Doing reasonably safe and illogical things, such as driving 22 hours to pick up an overpriced B list pinball, is somewhat therapeutic as it is such a deviation from what I deal with on a daily basis. I’m still hoping to find one closer but the clock is ticking! Just want to make it clear that I’m not a complete idiot.. but maybe just a little

You must be on a serious pinball drought

#99 4 years ago

Why not catch a flight, rent an SUV and drive it back?

#100 4 years ago

If it is a have to have it now situation, which all of us really sick puppies get every once in a while go for it.
The machine you are after looks decent, but there's hair: coin door etc...but, given the playfield appear to be really nice, that's compelling enough.
You've rationalized this already. You are going to go and get it, is what my tummy tells me. My only advice to you is to try and trade your haunted house at the same time or on the way.
Best of luck, and drive safely.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-drive-22-hours-round-trip-for-a-mousin-around-poll-included/page/2?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.