(Topic ID: 261064)

Should I cancel my Stranger Things LE order?

By _xizor

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should I cancel my Stranger Things LE order?”

• Yes 264 votes
    82%
  • No 57 votes
    18%

(321 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
204FEF4A-3A90-4B50-A409-F3CE1089BE17 (resized).jpeg
07045745-6E52-4CE0-9E07-F385E63E611F (resized).jpeg
cleb.gif
download (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200201_232821406 (resized).jpg
Bail.gif
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

Get a JP2 premium instead

#102 4 years ago

JP or Elvira Pre. for the win.

#103 4 years ago

I'll wait and see what JJP do with GnR......
Here's hoping they pull it off......

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The ones you mentioned have one thing in common...Lyman. This obviously is missing that key element. I wouldn’t bet my money on this one yet. You’re right, it’s definitely too early, but based off the fact people aren’t climbing over each other for an LE, I’m very confident that these will be very available at a better than average huo discount in 6 months plus. I’d wait and see if I was the op. There’s an obvious hesitation from him and imo for valid reasons.

I would wait too if I were him because he’s on the fence

Don’t make the mistake of thinking you are gonna get a huge discount 6 months from now

I would bet EVERY single pinball game will be selling at a discount 6 months after its delivery some a bit more than others

This is a great theme and could pick up steam when code develops. Ops are reporting their pros are top earners

#105 4 years ago

Had a pro and sold my pro. Had some fun with it for a month but there is some funky zones in the design.

I also had an LE on hold but I am going to hold off for a bit and see how things unfold.

Love the show not as impressed with what Stern brought to the table on this one so far.

No need to rush on this one there will be plenty to go around.

#106 4 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#107 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

It's not about manning up. It's about not having access to one within 1500 miles to play.

Okay then - adult up. It's evident from your posts that you already know what you should do. Go with your gut.

That is unless you've got money to burn. If that's the case - go for it!

#108 4 years ago

is another poll coming for R@M too?

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

There is a pro on location here and I enjoy it. I also enjoyed BKSOR when it was on location. I’m not an LE guy so my answer to you would be a yes cancel, but simple because it’s an LE. You can always get a premium if you try it again and like it.

PLaying on location and owning one is completely different for me. Where I play an occasional game on location on a beat up machine is a whole different experience as diving deep into in my machines at home. Yeah, you can get a good feeling on how a machine plays and how well the theme is executed but the call outs, music are always different on location as they are at home. A whole different experience.

And then there is sustainability, when buying a LE machine I assume you don't want to flip it in a few months. Will the machine live up to your expectations?

Personally I am a PRO guy, but only when a PRO is sufficient. Star wars PRO just isn't sufficient, Black Night PRO just isn't sufficient. Therefor both titles will never enter my gameroom. The Munsters PRO misses the mini playfield but that wasn't a show stopper, Aerosmith misses the elevator and mini playfield and that's no issue (I modified lighting so I matches the PREM/LE though), GOTG PRO misses the arm and 2 magnets of which I find the arms very annoying and this Stranger Things misses the projector and the kinetic lock ball... so what?

Hope this helps you.

#110 4 years ago

I think you should cancel the order until
- Stern makes it clear how they are going to provide playfields which don’t fill up with ugly pockmarks
- Stern tells us how we are going to get replacement node boards 10+ years fron now.

#111 4 years ago

I had a Munsters LE i was having second thoughts about and wish i kept to my gut feeling i will loose out reselling it. Its not Awful its just not great. I had and Iron Maiden LE i had on order and my gut said yes every day and i love it, Same with other machines go with your gut if your having second thoughts then its for a reason. I wish i followed my gut with Munsters. This looks like a bigger Turd to be honest.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's what they said about "The Walking Dud" and BM66. Lyman came through and made them great.
People are always way too early to judge because they think they have to blurt out some opinion without all the facts. But that's just Pinside and what we do here.
The fact is that the code, sound and callouts aren't finished. If you love the theme you are going to like the game. If it's not what you expected then that "is what it is".
Bunch of parrots that can't think or formulate an opinion for themselves.
Based on the streams i've watched the game has great potential. Maybe it never reaches that potential, we'll see what happens. THEME is #1.

You should buy a pin based on what it is NOW, for the most part, not what you think it will be in X months time.

All you can be sure of in terms of what you’re going to get for your money is what you pay for on the day you buy it. That’s what is being sold. That’s all you’re entitled to.

“Investing” in the anticipated future awesomeness of a pin seems like a risky strategy to me. Even if you assumed Lyman had a desire to beef up these pins to a standard worthy of the money - he might not be able to, either due to time constraints working on other pins, or he might simply not care about it as much as you think he does. You’re betting a lot of money on a belief that he’ll have some kind of BM66/TWD epiphany and desire to revolutionise every pin he touches.

Obviously things are a bit muddy with everyone releasing things with half finished code, so you can be sure of a reasonable amount of polish after you’ve bought it, but when it comes to wholesale changes you’re very much in the lap of the Gods. In my opinion you’d be nuts to drop money on Stranger Things if you’re not satisfied with it “as is” because you think “in a year or more this will have amazing depth, just wait and see”.

#113 4 years ago

Sooooo what’s your decision op?

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes are ya still buying it?

#115 4 years ago

Lol! You guys way overthink everything. It’s a pinball machine, not a major life choice. If it is a major life choice, the. You shouldn’t be buying nib pinballs. If you are buying these counting on no depreciation when you sell it, you are in the wrong hobby. Go buy expensive cars instead...oops, happens there, too.

I’d be willing to bet all the prognosticators on here put less thought and debate into their marriage than they do into the doom and gloom they cast upon new pinballs they have never even played.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Lol! You guys way overthink everything. It’s a pinball machine, not a major life choice. If it is a major life choice, the. You shouldn’t be buying nib pinballs. If you are buying these counting on no depreciation when you sell it, you are in the wrong hobby. Go buy expensive cars instead...oops, happens there, too.
I’d be willing to bet all the prognosticators on here put less thought and debate into their marriage than they do into the doom and gloom they cast upon new pinballs they have never even played.

Marriage? Which one...the 1st, 2nd or 3rd marriage are you referring too?

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

is another poll coming for R@M too?

R&M is easy, the perceived personal value in the theme for me alone is worth it. It could be a horrible game and I’d be more than happy with it sitting in the corner. Ever off the little we’re seen I’m comfortable I’m going to be happy.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’m cancelling and waiting it out.

#119 4 years ago

I played 4 games on a stranger things on location Saturday, It didn't do it for me. I also bought a Munster Premium simply from watching the release videos. I regret that...

#120 4 years ago

Do what you want...Buy what you want....If you like something that others don't...Fantastic. Wear it as a badge of honor. You're a free thinker. Some of my favorite pins are ones that most on this forum would consider Dog S*&%.

#121 4 years ago

Played the Pro alone two consecutive days 30 mins each. Only takeaway was the music. There isn't much in terms of ball interactivity and what is there is half baked and wonky. I like games that have multiple Multiball lock progressions via different shots and interactivity. My thoughts kept feeling what was available on the PF wasn't interesting and/or didn't work great, and what I have seen other models, it suffer from the same. I also bought a Munsters Prem and didn't cancel because it shot great and had features I assumed would be utilized differently via code progression. I have since moved on from Munsters and have no desire for stranger things in the present or future. Just feels cheap and broken design wise.

#123 4 years ago

This is a pro that I have been playing. Stern is still having playfield issues. The overall quality is just poor. The playfields are just terrible. I am so disappointed. They need to get their act together and quick!

07045745-6E52-4CE0-9E07-F385E63E611F (resized).jpeg07045745-6E52-4CE0-9E07-F385E63E611F (resized).jpeg204FEF4A-3A90-4B50-A409-F3CE1089BE17 (resized).jpeg204FEF4A-3A90-4B50-A409-F3CE1089BE17 (resized).jpeg
#124 4 years ago

I seriously am concerned about PFs. I hope Stern doesn't do a pin that I am interested in any time soon because they have got to get their play field process worked out.

Really amazing to see how bad they are screwing the play fields up the last 2 years, because they had excellent ones 10 years ago. SMH

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Dude, grow a set would you.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

This is a pro that I have been playing. Stern is still having playfield issues. The overall quality is just poor. The playfields are just terrible. I am so disappointed. They need to get their act together and quick![quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not sure what we are looking at there...maybe just a goober? ‍♂️

#127 4 years ago

Might be the edge of some mylar put there?

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

This is a pro that I have been playing. Stern is still having playfield issues. The overall quality is just poor. The playfields are just terrible. I am so disappointed. They need to get their act together and quick![quoted image][quoted image]

Could you please let me know what we are looking for,?

#129 4 years ago

I think he's showing the clear separating by the lower sling post...you can see the opaque white area in the black circle surrounding the removed art around the post...If it were me..I would make sure the post wasn't too tight, hit it with a heat gun, and maybe put a small drop of water thin super glue to prevent chipping and rebond the clear to the playfield then cover it with a circular mylar disc. Then check the other posts on the playfield to make sure they aren't too tight either

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-cancel-my-stranger-things-le-order/page/3?hl=airball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.