Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by maldoror
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

So I got a line on a demolition man, good shape, $900 delivered to door.

My question is this. Would you buy it?

thanks
-maldo

#2 14 years ago

That's always a tough question to ask. If it's something you really want and it's in the shape you are satisfied with of course buy it. Any machine under $1000 these days is one to consider.

Right now I'm pursuing an old SS machine for $100. It's hasn't worked in ten years but I love a challenge.

#3 14 years ago

This machine is considered a bad one by many. At first when it was brought to a local pub I hated it, but kept playing, it was the only one pin around. Later I started to like it. If I were you I would give it a try, for this price it's worth it. You can always sell it after a while if it gets old and you wouldn't make a loss either. Maybe even make a few hundred $

#4 14 years ago

Yea, it seems to be a pin people either love or hate. I know the art is def not the greatest by a longshot, but the gameplay is good and for a william's superpin widebody, it is a steal at $900 I figure. Thank you for the input

#5 14 years ago

This is one seriously underrated pin in my opinion. No matter if the film sucked (it kinda did), the game just has it all. A very nice ruleset, excellent flow and it plays very nice for both novice and pinball wizard. The sound effects are top notch and the music is that lovely DCS quality. I love it. Downsides? The backglass art is rather ugly, although it's got Sandra Bullock on it But seriously, give it a try, it's a great game that can be bought for little.

#6 14 years ago

900 bucks is a bargin in my opinion (Machines are more expensive in Sweden though, so I don´t really know). But I bought mine DM two months ago, played it everyday for at least 30 minutes or so. Never really gets boring. Not the deepest rules, but has some good sound, lights and flow to it. Bit unbalanced scoring though.

#7 14 years ago

Thanks for the input wet, the demo man arrives today and I cannot WAIT to play it. I will now have a pin from the 70's (super straight), 80's (sorcerer) and 90's (demo man). Now I just need a 60's and a 2000's stern pin. =P

#8 14 years ago

For $900-- Absolutely!
For that price you can play it for a while and if it doesn't fit you, you should be able to recoup your purchase price without much worries.
I have owned my DM for 5+ years, paid $1200. for it and drove 6 hours round trip to get it. Your deal sounds sweet.
I will admit though, DM took me around 5 games to "get it" and to know if it was a keeper or not. It's a keeper for sure and I have no intentions whatsoever in selling mine!

Best of luck with your purchase,
Steve-o

2 months later
#9 14 years ago

I just got one for the same price, and I love it. Do it, and don't look back. If you liked the movie you will enjoy it even more. The sound is really nice. I would check into the upgraded sound / speaker package as well. I am at work now with the game music stuck in my head still.

#10 14 years ago

Oh I bought it, fixed it, upgraded it with LED's and played the shit out of it for a few months. Now I got it in a bar, making me money and making people happy which is great for me. I will put it back in the home location in 6 months or so but I figure it will pay for itself in that time and then some.

Anyways, demo man. Very underrated pin. Shame that some people are so negative about the admittedly bad backglass that they rate it low and overlook the great playing and flow aspects of this game. A wonderful pin for sub $1000, I can't think of many better.

regards

#11 14 years ago

How well do pins do on location,worth the damage?I know it all depends.

#12 14 years ago

I dunno, ask me in a month.

I think if you spend a bit of time each week cleaning and and maintaining the machines the damage should be minimal in a respectable establishment. That will be my plan anyhow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buydemolition-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.