Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jkashani
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I have read through a few threads discussing WOZ light boards and it’s a lot to process. In your opinion is it risky to buy a WOZ with 7.5 boards? It sounds like the 2.0 boards solve any lighting issues. What are the risks is I buy a WOZ with 7.5? Thank you for your feedback.

Jay

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinDeadHead:

What are the risks is I buy a WOZ with 7.5?

At some point putting the 2.0 kit in. If it's available when you do.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I have an ecle with the 7.5 buffered boards and have never had a problem. If I did, I could easily buy a single replacement board. I don’t believe such an option exists for the 2.0 boards. I have also read that they are dimmer. That said, you should do what you feel comfortable with but I feel the 2.0 vs other light board is overstated.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

I have an ecle with the 7.5 buffered boards and have never had a problem. If I did, I could easily buy a single replacement board. I don’t believe such an option exists for the 2.0 boards. I have also read that they are dimmer. That said, you should do what you feel comfortable with but I feel the 2.0 vs other light board is overstated.

Thank you

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Single boards are most certainly available if you are using the 2.0 system.

#6 1 year ago

I had RR 75th with 7.5 boards, they started to go. Thankfully 2.0!boards were available and now in the game. Good luck

#7 1 year ago

When I look under parts on the website, it only lists 7.5v boards. Am I mistaken? Is the website not up to date?

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Single boards are most certainly available if you are using the 2.0 system.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

When I look under parts on the website, it only lists 7.5v boards. Am I mistaken? Is the website not up to date?

Many parts that are available aren't on the web store. Emailing or calling is the best way to find out.

#9 1 year ago

Since we have you undivided attention maybe you can comment on OP's question...

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Many parts that are available aren't on the web store. Emailing or calling is the best way to find out.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Since we have you undivided attention maybe you can comment on OP's question...

7.5v games are the most common WOZ games out there. 2.0 kit is certainly an option when it is back in stock again but there are many WOZ games running without it. For what it's worth.

#11 1 year ago

You can go on.
    You then have 2 options:
    - Buy a complete set of 1.1 kit from someone who have done 2.0 conversion. Price is usually between US$ 300-400 (I think there is one on marketplace right now). You then have a complete set of spare boards.
    - Buy a 2.0 kit (ask JJP support to add you to the waiting list). Price is about US$ 1000. When you get it, do the conversion or wait you have a failure on your current 1.1 kit. Conversion is not rocket science, it is just time consuming (2 days).

When buying your WOZ, just make sure that if not provided with 2.0 kit, price is US$ 1k-1.5k less than same WOZ with 2.0

#12 1 year ago

I’ve had my RR since it was first released and never had a single problem. I bought a 7.5 backup set complete for $250 just for peace of mind. 7.5 lights are brighter and look better than 2.0 as well. Buy it

#13 1 year ago

Yes, you should buy.

Yes, you should place an order for the 2.0 lighting kit so that when it becomes available you can buy it, stick it in the bottom of the game, and have it for when your lighting problems start becoming unmanageable.

'7.5 lights are brighter and look better than 2.0...'

Yes, so buy the game, and enjoy it.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRetail:

Yes, you should buy.
    Yes, you should place an order for the 2.0 lighting kit so that when it becomes available you can buy it, stick it in the bottom of the game, and have it for when your lighting problems start becoming unmanageable.
    '7.5 lights are brighter and look better than 2.0...'
    Yes, so buy the game, and enjoy it.

100% agree, i have had my Woz since day one and ZERO light board issues. 7.5 all the way

#15 1 year ago

The 2.0 lighting kit will not be available until sometime into next year without a price as of yet. All directions point to buying a game with the 7.5 lights and not even giving it a second thought.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-woz-with-75-boards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.