Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by cooldan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I really don't know, I want to add one more pin to my game room, thinking of Indiana Jones - Williams, but also want to get WOZ, I don't have the cash to buy them both.

I don't know how WOZ going to be, and it's not cheap lol, and I afraid if I waited too long, I won't get the same price, I'm sure the price will go up since there will be only 1000 units ?

oh and yea, I live in Dubai, there is no real market for pinball which means if I want to sell it, I'll have to ship internationally..etc

so, should I buy WOZ or buy something I know that I'm going to enjoy!

#2 12 years ago

Go with what you like. I am not buying a WOZ because its a very stupid theme IMO. On the other hand IJ is an awesome pin so I vote Indiana Jones

#3 12 years ago

I think WOZ is going to be pretty cool and I'm not a Wizard of Oz fan. I am a fan of the Transformers theme (I was actually in the 2nd movie) so I'll probably be forced to pick one of those up as well even though it will completly break the bank and I normally don't like the Stern games as much.

#4 12 years ago

It's again one of those "which is better" posts that can only be answered from within yourself. I bought a WOZ because I had an inside person from day one and wanted my first and probably only NIB in my lifetime.

Dubai might be remote but there are more people there with tons of money than in many other places.

Follow your first instinct/thoughts. If it was an IJ than get that first.

#5 12 years ago

Only 1000 LE versions. I believe jj is gonna make more WOZ pins just not the LE emerald city version after 1000 which may be sold out by now but I'm not sure. I know they were closing in on 1000 sold.

#6 12 years ago

Hmm, I'll get IJ, I didn't know about the LE, I thought they only making 1000.

I found IJ machine in UK, the asking price is 4500 British pound, the description says "Excellent one off condition, Exceptional condition with real gold plated wire form ramps, Fully restored" playfield looks clean too, no wears.

It is cheaper to ship from UK to Dubai, in US pinballs are cheaper, but shipping will take longer and cost more.

#7 12 years ago

I would buy a tried and true machine. Why spend money on a game you have ZERO idea of how it will play??

IMO you can always pick one up later if it turns out to be great, just like Tron machines are being picked up now.

FWIW.

Ive play IJ alot and it is always fun. No one can say a woz is fun to play,,,,yet

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

I really don't know, I want to add one more pin to my game room, thinking of Indiana Jones - Williams, but also want to get WOZ, I don't have the cash to buy them both.

I don't know how WOZ going to be, and it's not cheap lol, and I afraid if I waited too long, I won't get the same price, I'm sure the price will go up since there will be only 1000 units ?

oh and yea, I live in Dubai, there is no real market for pinball which means if I want to sell it, I'll have to ship internationally..etc

so, should I buy WOZ or buy something I know that I'm going to enjoy!

Well, if you buy WOZ you will be paying $1000 more now than if you had pre-ordered a few months ago. Wait for his second pin and get in early if you want the NIB experience. IJ would be about half the price probably and because it is a great game, I am sure someone in Dubai would buy it off you

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Why spend money on a game you have ZERO idea of how it will play??

Well, I can't speak for everyone on this subject...
For me it usually goes- Theme first, PF second, Designer(s) third.
In WOZ's case it was...
A "WHOLE new Worrrrllld..!" (Takeoffyourclothes!... Priceless!)
Err- I mean, a WHOLE new company!!!
How could I NOT support a second BRAND NEW Pinball company!
ESPECIALLY with the team/talent they amassed!
It didn't matter what they built..! Me personally, not the biggest "Wizard of Oz" fan...
But after hearing Jack speak on YouTube... I was SOLD!
Now, with all of the updates and announcements that have been released- I am really glad I joined in on this when I did. Everything after his speech that day was just icing on the "WOZ" cake... (Widebody=LED candles on top!!! )

Also-
Most of us have been around pinball for awhile now!
We can tell, just by looking at the PF shots and layout, if it will be a fun pin or not- regardless of theme.
Even though Jack- just now released the whitewood...
I already knew from the earlier blueprints that I was going to have a LOT of fun on this machine!

So the short answer to Rick471's "Why" question is...
Why not?
You are still playing pinball in the end... Right?
Why limit your choices?
Sorry gang...
Soapbox rant over!

#10 12 years ago

Instead of WOZ pickup a Simpsons Pinball Party (Which is on your wishlist). Same design and software team, similar layout, better theme with great artwork, already proven to be a great game, and best of all it's only half the price.

I actually think I like some parts of the TSPP layout better as I think it makes better use of playfield real-estate. For example there's not much to shoot for with the upper right flipper on WOZ besides the witch targets, on TSPP you have a side ramp, Comic Book Guy standup, and the Kwik-E-Mart U turn shot which you use to hit the bully stand-ups. It also has a 3 drop target bank (I&S) and captive ball which WOZ doesn't have. Also, does anyone know if WOZ has a physical ball lock?-similar to the couch.

The playfield advantages that WOZ has over TSPP are the lower left bumper area (Really cool!), 2 magnets (could be a nice addition depending on their implementation?), and way more stand-up and rollover targets (I'm not a huge standup fan, but i'm sure they'll be integrated into the gameplay well). and a second mini-playfield which looks pretty sweet. WOZ is also a widebody which could either be a pro or a con depending on how you look at it.

Overall, i probably like the layouts about the same although it's tough to judge WOZ without playing it first. WOZ also has extra things like the LCD Screen, Shaker, topper, emerald green trim (yuck), and pdi glass (Awesome!), so you are actually getting a lot of extra features for the money.

Personally, I'm waiting it out to see what the final product looks/plays like and may pick up a standard edition if I really like it. Sure it won't have the Emerald Green treatment and plaque, pdi glass, shaker, or topper but that stuff really isn't all that important to me and some if it could be added later if needed.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

So the short answer to Rick471's "Why" question is...
Why not?
You are still playing pinball in the end... Right?
Why limit your choices?
Sorry gang...
Soapbox rant over!

I understand your point. I guess a major factor for most of us is limited cash to spend on machines...

If I had deep pockets I may have bought one, who knows!

#12 12 years ago

If you have the dough...go with OZ !

#13 12 years ago

Looking at your pins and wants, I would definitely play the pins first. You have an AFM and IM, which are the faster type of pin layouts. TSPP is a fun/great game, but way different. I think WOZ will play similar to TSPP. Just by guessing and the layout, it really looks like WOZ will be stop and go.

Many collectors like variety of styles, others like to stick to a certain type of machine.

I would really play a pin first before buying. I have played a lot of pins that I hoped I would like only to feel disappointed. The reverse is also true.

#14 12 years ago

I can't wait for the day I can FINALLY buy a NIB pin. It may only happen once in my lifetime, but DAMN what a day that will be! I just can't imagine being able to lay out 5K for a pin right now

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

If I had deep pockets I may have bought one, who knows!

I don't and I did...
I sold everything that I haven't touched in a years time.
Just started living by simple means...
Or you can call it "Simply Living"...
Try it and you will be playing NIB's in no time!

Good luck, Rick!

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Just started living by simple means...

Nimble went to the woods because he wanted to live deliberately ...

#17 12 years ago

I would go with WOZ myself. I know that it is buying the unknown but it really seems like it is going to push the envelope and be a very unique pin. Plus for some reason I am not a big fan of IJ.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

I found IJ machine in UK, the asking price is 4500 British pound, the description says "Excellent one off condition, Exceptional condition with real gold plated wire form ramps, Fully restored" playfield looks clean too, no wears.

woah, £4500 (nearly $7500) is way over the odds, dude, probably double the going rate. even for one described as minty, that's a lot of dough.

come and join the uk pinball group if you have loads of cash and want to buy a good machine, as for 4500 smackers you could probably buy two premium titles, delivered to your doorstep.

Here's the link: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ukpinball/

good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-woz-or-other-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.