• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pkiefert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

This is his description.

i have had this pin for about 3 years or so. everything worked great. fun game. lots of cool features. under playfield action.  now it does not turn on properly. some of the gi lights come on and the dmd comes on but it is glitchy with weird scores? prior to that the dmd worked great. not sure what the problem is. i have decided to sell it and maybe get a newer stern.

He wants 875 for it. Was wondering what possibly could b wrong with it. I was a big sf2 arcade fan.

#2 11 years ago

Not sure what your location is, but in most of the US $875 would be too high for a SFII with issues.

#3 11 years ago

$875 and it should be fully functional. This title does not go for very much.

#4 11 years ago

That's what I thought. Thanx

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Chochi_ca:

This is his description.
i have had this pin for about 3 years or so. everything worked great. fun game. lots of cool features. under playfield action.  now it does not turn on properly. some of the gi lights come on and the dmd comes on but it is glitchy with weird scores? prior to that the dmd worked great. not sure what the problem is. i have decided to sell it and maybe get a newer stern.
He wants 875 for it. Was wondering what possibly could b wrong with it. I was a big sf2 arcade fan.

Sounds like a problem with the DS1710 on the CPU board. May also have a leaking battery which may have caused the problem to begin with. I'd offer him $400 for the machine in its current state since you'd be taking a risk that other things are wrong with it until you could resolve the problems. For that money there is little risk to you assuming you could part it out and make most or all of your money back.

viperrwk

#6 11 years ago

Just as a point of reference, I sold a fully working decent SF2 for $700 in April.

Tried to get $800 for it in October and it didn't sell at the Atlanta Pinswap, but did sell at the following April one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-this-sf2-with-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.