Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_5.JPG
photo_4.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_2.JPG
photo_1.JPG
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I am looking at expanding my collection. I have the shadow and bram stokers Dracula. How would theatre fit in that lineup? And is $3200 for a nice theatre a good buy? Thanks guys

#2 11 years ago

It will definitely be the easiest game or the three

#3 11 years ago

3200 is a very good price. Buy it asap for that! Selling it won't be a problem, so its a win win.

#4 11 years ago

Yup. Agree with jvespoint. It'll be the easiest, and arguably fastest machine of the three. 3200 is a great price! I got mine in excellent condition for 4200.

#5 11 years ago

I had a thread asking something like this the other day. My collection is different than yours, so it may not directly apply. But it may have some helpful info. about TOM for you.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-ij-or-tom-which-would-you-get

#6 11 years ago

Yeah I think I'll get it. What do you guys think about twilight zone compared to theatre?

#7 11 years ago

Completely different games. Mine are side-by-side and currently get the most play of all my machines. TZ is an acquired taste, but once you figure it out you'll be hooked for life. TOM is easier, but also more shallow and the wizard mode falls a bit flat. Once the novelty of the toys and gimmicks wears off it could get stale on you...but you'll have no trouble getting that 3200 back. BTW, CT LED's in TOM are a must IMO.
Good luck! You can't really go wrong.

#8 11 years ago

Incredible price. Get it!!

#9 11 years ago

TOM is easier, but get it at that price!!!

#10 11 years ago

3200 is a fantastic price!

As long as condition is ok... buy it regardless. Keep it or sell it later np.

#11 11 years ago

Have to agree with everyone here....The price screams buy me but the gameplay will soon be screaming sell me for a nice profit!!!

#12 11 years ago

ToM is great game. You will have no regrets....

#13 11 years ago

$3200 seems good to me. It is really up to you. I like the game but out of the unlicensed themes of B/W I think this one does not have as much draw for replayability. At least not for me.

If price and condition is right buy it worst case trade or sell it soon and change it out.
Then you will at least have the time to decide while it is in home.

#14 11 years ago

Fun game: smooth and fast.

$3200 is 2010 pricing if the game has no issues.

Watch for insert wear below the Basement.

Spirit Ring insert takes the brunt of the popper damage (but all three can show wear).

#16 11 years ago

great price , but over-rated game ,my least favorite of the j pop pins, but at that price you really can not go wrong. good compliment to your other games.

#17 11 years ago

It is a great game, lots of fun. My kids play this a lot too. In fact, when company comes over it gets played more than any of our other games.
At 3200, it is a steal.

#18 11 years ago

It is a great game, lots of fun. My kids play this a lot too. In fact, when company comes over it gets played more than any of our other games.
At 3200, it is a steal.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from tmort:

It is a great game, lots of fun. My kids play this a lot too. In fact, when company comes over it gets played more than any of our other games.At 3200, it is a steal.

Thats good to hear! You have some great pins in your collection.

#20 11 years ago

Thanks for all the comments guys I am going to pick it up tomorrow! I will post pics tomorrow night!

#21 11 years ago

All the negative TOM comments amaze me. Once you have stripped this machine down and shop it, the speed is unbelievable. The inner loop shot is back on your flipper before you can drop it. The sidedrains are horrible, and thus the very unique feature of the hokus pokus timed magna saves must be constantly activated to have a good game. The modes are all fun to play, and on top of that you have to complete 4 overall objectives to get to the finale.

I like the finale, but a little more theatrical payoff when you win should have been implemented. TOM plays so nice and so smooth as well. It can be a PITA with the trunk and eddy boards, but I can’t imagine mine will ever leave.

#22 11 years ago

great game. sounds too good to be true at 3.2k.

#23 11 years ago

Sounds like a good deal. For whatever reason though, the title seems to be cold, cold, cold right now.

#24 11 years ago

I never seem to get board with mine. Love the modes and the cabinet artwork is my favorite on any pin. As for it being easy, just set the game on a harder level. If you have one that is in good shape, that has been gone through with a good cleaning and shop job, it is a fast game. Mine flows like melted butter. Probably the smoothest machine that I own. Most of the asking prices that I have seen have been around 5K+. Since I only paid $1500.00 for mine it will never leave my collection.

#25 11 years ago

Fun for a bit, then becomes a game that never gets played. Given the price, it may become good trade bait though...

All the SoundFX start to grate you after a while. 'Shoot for the magic crate,' 'HURRY UP,' 'It's Magic,' etc.

The other point is after some time it becomes only about scoring more tricks, not about score points. The Wizard mode (which is boring as heck) becomes achievable in 50% of games if you you know what you are doing.

#26 11 years ago

It is a matter of personal taste. Some people seem to really like ToM. I never got into it at all. I owned one for a very short while. It just did not draw me in to play it. I sold it quickly and have not missed it at all.

On the other hand for that prices you will not get hurt. You might find that you love the game and keep it. If not, you can sell it in a year or so and probably make some money on the deal!

#27 11 years ago

Good price. Good game.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

Sounds like a good deal. For whatever reason though, the title seems to be cold, cold, cold right now.

because people realize that it looks great, but very very boring and uneventful to play. I wanted to really love it to, because of beautiful it looked. But the software, and boring ass fan pattern layout is nothing interesting. Combine that with very uneventful software and you have a snoozefest.

#29 11 years ago

At 3200, it'll make great tradebait, if nothing else.

#30 11 years ago

Great game. Probably the best flow of any game IMO. Miss mine. Would've stayed longer if I had space for more games.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the game sucks but at 3200, buy it anyway.

I don't like it either. Got one for $2500 & traded for LOTR. Don't regret that trade at all!!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

agreed, unless their dirt cheap. looks like people are buying up newer sterns instead.

#33 11 years ago

Theatre of Magic is a great game and you won't be disappointed at all by it. I think for the hard core players it's easy for them but for the casual player who just likes a great game it's one of the best.

#34 11 years ago

Get it it is a fun game with a great theme. Way better than these new Stern themes . I would not put X-men or TF in my house unless i lived in my parents basement and worked at the comic book store. If TOM is cold how come i have a waiting list if i sell mine. Big Law just sold his in less than a day. I laugh when i hear how easy this game is. I want to see the guy play that gets to the wizard mode 50% of the time. BSD ,SHADOW,TOM thats a great line-up .

#35 11 years ago

Great add to a collection.....

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

All the negative TOM comments amaze me. Once you have stripped this machine down and shop it, the speed is unbelievable. The inner loop shot is back on your flipper before you can drop it. The sidedrains are horrible, and thus the very unique feature of the hokus pokus timed magna saves must be constantly activated to have a good game. The modes are all fun to play, and on top of that you have to complete 4 overall objectives to get to the finale.
I like the finale, but a little more theatrical payoff when you win should have been implemented. TOM plays so nice and so smooth as well. It can be a PITA with the trunk and eddy boards, but I can’t imagine mine will ever leave.

I agree. ToM is a fun game, is great looking, and is one of the best flowing pins *ever*! I don't understand how people can call it "boring"?! It's a great theme that is very well integrated into the game play. People complain that all you do is hit the trunk, but I didn't find that to be the case at all, no more than hitting castles in MM, the space ship in AFM, the Ring Master in CV, etc etc.

The rules/software aren't the best, but it's still an excellent/fun pin. The rankings here at Pinside bear that out.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Get it it is a fun game with a great theme. Way better than these new Stern themes . I would not put X-men or TF in my house unless i lived in my parents basement and worked at the comic book store. If TOM is cold how come i have a waiting list if i sell mine. Big Law just sold his in less than a day. I laugh when i hear how easy this game is. I want to see the guy play that gets to the wizard mode 50% of the time. BSD ,Shadow,TOM thats a great line-up .

I concur about the waiting list on selling a ToM. I have dudes lined up as well for mine.

#38 11 years ago

Damn I wanted both of those pins. I offered to buy them both right now. Oh well, good luck with the buy. You know if he still has TZ?

#39 11 years ago

Buy it!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Damn I wanted both of those pins. I offered to buy them both right now. Oh well, good luck with the buy. You know if he still has TZ?

I'm curious too as I live 10 minutes away from these pins. He never returned my call.

#41 11 years ago

I called yesterday morning. It's good to know that he's talking to someone.

#42 11 years ago

Well I picked up the Tom yesterday! Pretty awesome deal! Shopping it out right now and ordered up some LEDs! It plays super fast!

#43 11 years ago

Pics?

#44 11 years ago

Ive had my ToM for 7months+ and still enjoy it, I dont play it a ton but its nice to have it in the rotation.....maybe 1-2 games every other night

#45 11 years ago

I will post some pics tomorrow!

#46 11 years ago

great pickup for the price, let us know your own impression of the game

#47 11 years ago

I love playing my ToM, great flow and lay out. Although it's not a difficult game, i reach and mostly complete the wizard mode at least once in 20 games. Can't say that i will keep this for very much longer, there are too many pins i still want to get my hands on!
But it will be one of the pins i will be sad to see it go once the time will come (and come it shall!).
So far the only pin i had that i'm a little sorry to see it go, and i will want a (better) one back someday is TAF.

#48 11 years ago

May not be 50% for wizard mode, but I would say at least 1 in 4.

Game is great fun for a while, then becomes.

1.) Start illusion skill shot.
2.) Hit trunk.
3.) During illusion, only shoot letters to spell magic.
4.) Shoot at trunk, if three hits, start illusion, if misses goes in circle to lock ball.
5.) Shoot adv clock skill shot on locked ball, miss and get Theatre letter..
6.) Shoot at trunk, if three hits, start illusion, if misses goes in circle to lock ball.
7.) Shoot adv clock skill shot or miss and get Theatre letter.
8.) Shoot trunk score multiball.
9.) Forget jackpot, shoot to score clock.
10.) Rinse and repeat.

The game is not about scoring objectives, the points come from getting to the wizard mode and with skips can be attained extremely often. Even your bad shots score towards wizard mode.

Last time I played the game was a year or so ago at a movie theater and I scored the wizard mode on my first game out.

Like I said, I want to say it is 50% but it could be closer to 1 in 4. At the end I played the game so infrequently because it became only about breaks, not about beating the illusions.

#49 11 years ago

If it's so easy why not just try to get wizard mode twice in one game?TAF got pretty easy for me so I challenged myself to TTM twice in one game.I think the same can be said for TOM.
Should you but it:YES!!!Scott

#50 11 years ago

At first I wasnt completely sold on tom but after fixing it up and playing it the past few days I am addicted! It was to good of a deal to pass up so I picked it up and I am glad I did! It fits perfect in my collectiom (Shadow & BSD).

I had some issues with it but I have got it playing great now. I had to adjust the eddy boards which I was not familiar with until now. There were some gi issues (dim lights and a string out). It was an easy fix just a bad fuse and a bad ground wire. There are some burnt bulbs in it still but I am going to order up some leds so I will just do it then. I really want it to glow golden. What are the best gi leds to get that look?

Anyways I couldnt be happier this is a really great pin! I really want to get a Twilight, Whitewater and STTNG now! It never ends!

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG photo_4.JPGphoto_4.JPG photo_5.JPGphoto_5.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-theatre-of-magic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.