(Topic ID: 296993)

Should I buy Stranger Things pro as my first machine?

By UCFKnight71

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

887C4450-F9F1-4215-83FB-F7FC1807A173 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20210720_063958834.jpg
    PXL_20210720_063618190.MP.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from PrinzFred:

Stranger Things - Losing the projector is not that big of a deal and the magnet lock on the premium/le has never worked correctly.

Wrong.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m struggling with this, I just got my stranger things pro and the DG shot is nearly impossible. I have been looking through the forums but don’t really understand what this easy adjustment method is. I want to dial it in but have no clue what to do. I have played many times in location and can consistently nail the shot. Other than that, I love the pin!

There are a lot of key posts in the Stranger Things owners thread on how to dial the DG in.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

No, he’s right. The projector just moves the video from the LCD to the screen in the middle of the playfield. Yeah, the letters on the drop targets are cool, but if you like that RFM is 10x better for video targets. And the Pro is great because you can make the GI as bright as you want without worrying about the projector.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I was talking about the TK lock.

But yes the projector is very cool too and I would feel like I was missing a lot with the pro. Much more than most pro vs premium models.

3 weeks later
    #91 2 years ago

Just as a counter point, I just sold my DP LE but have zero intentions of selling my Stranger Things LE any time soon. I definitely prefer Stranger Things over DP.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-st-pro-as-my-first-machine?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.