(Topic ID: 296993)

Should I buy Stranger Things pro as my first machine?

By UCFKnight71

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

887C4450-F9F1-4215-83FB-F7FC1807A173 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20210720_063958834.jpg
    PXL_20210720_063618190.MP.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C0untDeM0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago

Most of the initial issues with stranger things have been resolved in later builds. Even if you do have a problem with the one-way gate it's very simple to adjust it and never have a problem again. I haven't heard of anybody with newer builds having that problem though. The only thing that the pros coming off the line may need adjusted is the demogorgon shot. It is now well known how to adjust that properly and is not very hard at all.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

As someone that hasn't even seen the first full season of Stranger Things, much less anything after...
    The game has grown on me. If I have one complaint, the center toy shot is too damn hard to hit. It's wildly inconsistent on location, and out of probably well over 400 shots I've made to the thing, I've hit it exactly *twice*. It's a bad design. The rest of the game? Perfectly good. Decent rules from what I can make out, the flow is excellent aside from Mystery being lit every three seconds and that stops the ball. Multiballs are fun and rewarding.
    I was a D- on the theme, but I'm like an A- on the actual gameplay.

It's not a bad design, it's that the shot has not been adjusted properly. Each machine is different and the demogorgon needs to be raised or lowered based off how the machine is setup. It's not hard to do at all but I seriously doubt most operators out there are spending the time to do it. A shame really as when the shot is dialed in the demogorgon modes are super fun.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m struggling with this, I just got my stranger things pro and the DG shot is nearly impossible. I have been looking through the forums but don’t really understand what this easy adjustment method is. I want to dial it in but have no clue what to do. I have played many times in location and can consistently nail the shot. Other than that, I love the pin!

There are 2 spacers under the demogorgon. They need to be adjusted to raise.or lower the demogorgon depending on how the shot is missing. Search spacers in the stranger things thread. It's not hard to do at all.

#74 2 years ago

Demogorgon.shot on my pro is 100% consistent from a cradle either flipper and a pretty easy on the fly shot. We had some friends over last weekend and the kids who had never played pinball were nailing it first shot no problem. If you can't consistently hit the shot from both flippers then you still have some adjustments to do. That shot is so core to this game and needs to be makeable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C0untDeM0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-st-pro-as-my-first-machine?tu=C0untDeM0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.