(Topic ID: 39331)

Should I buy Roy Clark the Entertainer Cocktail pinball table?

By Pindee

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JBK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi, I have always liked pinball (favorite was the shadow back in the day). An add for a Roy Clark cocktail pinball came up for $300. What are your opinions on this machine. Is this a good price? Thanks in advance !!!!

#2 11 years ago

average price....machine is not that great however...and the target break very easily.

#4 11 years ago

If it's in good shape and working - yes. Someone on this forum posted pics of one they got. Pretty cool vintage machine IMHO.

#5 11 years ago

No.

#6 11 years ago

Run away...

#7 11 years ago

DON'T DO IT!!!

#8 11 years ago

not a very good game... unless it's really cheap and you have lots of space, I'd pass.

#9 11 years ago

I bought a nice one a few years back for $200 and it's pretty cool for what it is. The gameplay is mediocre, but it sits in a spot where a full-size pin wouldn't fit anyways so it's kind of cool to have an EM style game in a smaller package without sacrificing valuable pinball space. Plus it's Roy Clark I grew up watching Hee-Haw!

#10 11 years ago

Also parts are very hard to get, if you have board issues it can be a real nightmare as nobody fixes them anymore from what I understand, assume if you can get them repaired it wont be cheap. If it is working and in good condition, maybe $150.

#11 11 years ago

Here's the problem.

The flipper mech is all nylon. If they break (and they do) you're out of luck.

I have an allied leisure pin (dynomite) that I ended up making replacement parts for.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-hard-to-find-parts

It was a pita, but also a great learning experience.

If you can get it at a lower price, go for it, but just beware that there ain't a whole lot of info out there to help you fix it when it goes down.

Oh, the targets break, too, but I think you can get them from a guy in canada for $15 each. I made my own, but in retrospect I probably should have bought the originals instead.

#13 11 years ago

What do I know - I always overpay for my pins anyway.

#14 11 years ago

When I bought mine, that plastic flipper piece was broken. So, I made one with my laser cutter. If anyone needs one, let me know.

As far as electronics go, I'm pretty sure that there are 3 chips on there that can't be replaced, at all.

#15 11 years ago

I think there are much, much better options for a cocktail game in this price range. Shop around a bit. Check out the Pinball database on this game and others.

Kim

#17 11 years ago

It all depends on if you're a fan of Pinball or Roy Clark. No in either case.

#18 11 years ago

$50-100 maybe?
might be cool if you could raise it up as a working table
waist/chest high could serve double duty as a drink/beer table in the game room?

#19 11 years ago

No, unless you going to film an explosive test.

#20 11 years ago

If it was $50 and fully working, maybe. At $300, forget it. I had one once. Could hardly give it away when I wanted to get rid of it.

You could probably find a decent EM for the same price and be MUCH happier.

#21 11 years ago

NO, unless you are the worlds biggest Roy Clark fan. If your buying it to play pinball, run away as fast as you can. $300 can buy an EM that will give you many hours of fun.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-roy-clark-the-entertainer-cocktail-pinball-table and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.