• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MMwish
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey Everyone,

Was wondering if I should buy EBC from someone on Craigslist? It was listed for $1350 and they said they would take $1000? Is that a good price or still overpriced? Also, is it a good game worth getting? I have HS2 as my other machine.

The ad on craigslist " Your kids will love this in the basement!! Great game and yes it works! Moving and can't take it with us! In very good condition,bordering excellent condition."

#2 10 years ago

NM...Read some old posts and saw the game is way overvalued. Thanks anyway!

#3 10 years ago

I had one and liked it quite a bit. I sold it last year for a solid $900. Mine worked 100% Very nice everything.

If I had unlimited room and money, I would have kept it.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the input maddog. Appreciate it.

#5 10 years ago

If I had unlimited room and money... This is one of the few games I still wouldn't add. I really like Eight Ball, and I adore Eight Ball Deluxe. But the Champ is just lost on me. It just never feels fun.

Obviously that is just my opinion. I know other people that really like the game. I'm just not one of them.

#6 10 years ago

I just repaired one that somebody had brought in. I had heard of the game before, but never had seen one or played one before. After repairing it and playing it, I thought it was a pretty good game.

One word of warning: it is a 6803 system and you will likely have a burnt connector on the power supply to replace.

#7 10 years ago

I think the game is in the 600-800 range. I passed on a HUO one for 800 two years ago.

#8 10 years ago

It's a great game. Backglass art is very different, it was one of the Bally's that was victim of their budget cutting process. The game is smaller and the cab decals are just the Bally logo.

However, it is a shooter's game and the pf art is very nice. I enjoy it more than the other two Eight Ball games. For $1K - should be in pretty nice shape.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's a great game. Backglass art is very different, it was one of the Bally's that was victim of their budget cutting process. The game is smaller and the cab decals are just the Bally logo.
However, it is a shooter's game and the pf art is very nice. I enjoy it more than the other two Eight Ball games. For $1K - should be in pretty nice shape.

Game is smaller? You talking about the cab or the PF? I always thought the PF's on all those games stayed standard but would like to know if I'm wrong.

#10 10 years ago

Backbox is not as deep and uses a hooked cam lock to latch the backglass. The backglass swings open with the insert panel. Cabinet was built by Midway and uses T-molding along the edges.

#11 10 years ago

Just picked one up today for $300, in excellent condition. Needed a fuse replaced, is all. I play one often at a friends house/pin golf, and started to really dig it after a few games, plus I really like pool theme pinballs.

It is the first game to have the whack-adoo key remote card for system settings/adjustments...
play wise it is very fun, with a slick spinner shot and after some time on the field, you can get the points rolling. Really a shooters pin.

Imho, 8 ball deluxe is the best pool pinball made. While I probably would buy a different pin for $1000 or more, I would consider this game for anywhere between $600-800. It's different, but that's what makes it fun.

#12 10 years ago

Eight Ball Champ is a great 6803 game. One of the best from that era of Bally games.

EBD > EBC > EB

#13 10 years ago

Man, this game feels like a sleeper to me. lt really has that one more game factor, and l love spelling C-H-A-M-P for 2x and 3x playfield scoring. Also, it responds excellent to post passing, which is a must to get the drop target you need.
The longer you can keep the ball in play, the bigger your scores start to roll- example- 3x playfield multiplier, to the left top star rollover can be 3x100,000, then to the 8 ball shot if lit for 100,000, is a 600,000 point shot!
Great stuff, highly recommend this pin if you're a fan of the old school classics.

#14 10 years ago

Totally agree! This is a pretty under appreciated game IMO.

$600-$800 for a decent to nice working game is more in the ballpark.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Eight Ball Champ is a great 6803 game. One of the best from that era of Bally games.

+1

Great shooter game

#16 10 years ago

Enjoy EBC but wouldn't trade my EB, just personal, but prefer the almost EM overall feel of EB. Is another good party game = guests don't have to learn a lengthy rule set. Price - the last one I saw in very good condition was $800.

#17 10 years ago

I traded my EBC champ off a couple of years ago and I do miss it. Would love toget another one.

#18 10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback but I think I am going to let it go and look for another system.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-bally-eight-ball-champ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.