(Topic ID: 93818)

Should I buy Avengers? Price check on a pro.

By Pinphila

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobKnapp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have the chance to get a lightly routed one for 3500. Yes or no?
Should I even buy this game? I have played it a few times and it is fun but not sure of staying power.

Discuss!

#2 9 years ago

Buy my LE from me instead .

And yes,TAV is worth buying. It's a great game.

#3 9 years ago

3,500 is a bit high, 3,200 is what I value it at.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So great it will make you want to sell an LE!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So great it will make you want to sell an LE!

Yes. After purchasing it NIB in December of 2012 and playing it nearly 1000 times (and my games can be quite long, as Im Quite good), I've decided to make room for something new (MMr) and the GNR I picked up cheap....which is why I just sold my ACDC premium. I'm out of room and I've owned it the longest of all my games. Hell,18 months is an eternity on Pinside lol.

#6 9 years ago

I had a rather difficult time selling my Pro. Finally received $3,300.

#7 9 years ago

I highly recommend Avengers. I don't have a lot of experience with the pro, but I can tell you I really enjoy the LE I have and don't plan on having it leave anytime soon.

#8 9 years ago

I had a NIB Avengers Pro for 6 months.
I liked the game alot, played the pin alot, but from the beginning I was disgusted with Stern's cheap construction of the playfield and sold it before it lost value - which it has.

It's a tough call.
The pin's fun, tough, and deep, but not built terribly well - and is having trouble holding it's value when most other pins are holding just fine.

I definitely do not recommend the LE's - as I do not like the cross ramp at all.

$3,250 - I'd grab it.
$3,500 - You can probably get a better pin.

#9 9 years ago

I personally really liked my Avengers. I think I read so much about how much my machine sucked that I ended up giving in and selling it.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'll try for 3k

#11 9 years ago

Still loving my AVLE, the shot variety is good and challenging. The light show is great with all the colored flashers (LEDs installed). However, the theme with call outs, hulk toy, etc make it a forever game for me. Plus my wife can't stop playing it!

Build quality is not an issue for me as I love tinkering and getting it dialed in was fun for me. That being said, I have not needed to touch it for a long time other than cleaning, it's been very reliable for me.

#12 9 years ago

No board issues with avengers. No canon issues. No magnet issues. No hammer issues. All this "poorly made" talk is non sense. TAV is no more or less poorly made than any other Stern. There are some known - and fixable - design Shortcomings. Once fixed they disappear. Forever.

Someone is gonna find a container of every DMD pin in the future. They will play them all....and they will consider TAV as good as any. The ridicule this game experiences is absurd.

#13 9 years ago

No board issues with Avengers. No canon issues. No magnet issues. No hammer issues. All this "poorly made" talk is non sense. TAV is no more or less poorly made than any other Stern. There are some known - and fixable - design Shortcomings. Once fixed they disappear.

Sounds good though. Once dialed in I've only had one issue with a hulk wire coming lose. No more prone to issues than any other. I can name several newer pins with much more issues but won't as we don't need another passing match on pinside

Back to op - light routed/huo really means nothing. It's all about condition. No chance I would ever consider selling mine for sub $ 4k. Guess mines a keeper then. $3k to me would be a steal. You should seriously consider it even at $3.5 if you even remotely enjoy it.

#14 9 years ago

TAV is a great game. I've had mine well over a year, still play it a lot, no plans to sell it. Last night got to AOTHC. Gripes about build quality are BS. It needs more tweaks than most, but nothing has broken on mine...knock on wood?

A few things to check, balls come out of saucer properly, ball doesn't get stuck on hulks arms or at the Loki lock, ball doesn't fly out of saucer drop, not much else. ZDoors cube is a must as is the clear plastic Inlanes from Hooked.

Considering I paid much more than 3500, I'd say that's a good deal if it's in great shape.

Good luck

#15 9 years ago

Buy my LE from me instead .

For $3500, Ill take your LE. Hell, for $4500. lol.

Thanks for the input guys/gals. Im still working on price.

Thanks.

#16 9 years ago

I like mine(pro) more than I ever imagined. no regrets. pd $3500 1 month ago but was upgraded with all led's.

Adding a blue flasher behind the tesseract also makes a huge difference or buy the mod if you can get one.

I liked it when I played it on location. Dial it in and you will have no regrets.

#17 9 years ago

I have the pro and enjoy it. Picked mine up 3 months ago for 3200 with 250 plays on it.

#18 9 years ago

Well, I have my buddy at 3k. Still trying to decide if I like game play enough.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Well, I have my buddy at 3k. Still trying to decide if I like game play enough.

As a former owner of a Pro I must say that either there is something seriously wrong with this machine or this is one heck of a buy. If you have not done so already, I would play the machine 30/40 times to help determine the condition. Some of the issues that the Pro is noted for are not real easy fixes. Good luck.

#20 9 years ago

Take my JM and $2500 cash. I"ll take your spidey. Then you'll be set for buying the TAV.

I'll even deliver!

#21 9 years ago

I have a AV Premium I'd be willing to sell for $4000 PM if you are interested.

Quoted from Pinphila:Well, I have my buddy at 3k. Still trying to decide if I like game play enough.

#22 9 years ago

Don't do it. Move along. At any price. Sorry Gomez. It's a jam fest.

#23 9 years ago

Blackbeard, never !

#24 9 years ago

Played it a few times. If not for the ball getting stuck in a couple spots frequently, I thought it was a fun pin. (It obviously needed a few adjustments.)

I would think you'd be looking in the $3500 range (possibly a bit lower if you found a motivated seller). Good thing is the person selling probably already dialed it all in, so it would be better than a NIB in more ways than price.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I have a AV Premium I'd be willing to sell for $4000 PM if you are interested.

Definitely interested but long drive for mw

#26 9 years ago

$3,000.00 is a no brainer . Very fun pinball. my review on my TAV LE This Rating is on playing machine at a trade show . I was on it all night !! I have no Idea of rules. All I Know is it was a blast and I want one. The LED lighting is excellent. I think my rating will go up a lot after I get it in my house and learn how it plays. Update: I now own # 30 Blue L.E. I have had to do many modifications to the machine. I still have more to do such as adding in lane plastics from Hooked that are clear so I can see the LOKI inserts. Even with all the crap I have and will need to do. I feel that it is still a very Hard but worthy pinball that should be considered for purchase by the public. I am raising my rating as it is a very interesting pinball to play. More up dates to rating to come after I get a handle on the rules. I think it is a keeper. If you are an expert player I would say it is a must have. For me as a casual player it is a tough one but I think that is part of what makes it good. Edit: I must now add that after 26 games I need to address the music sound track. It is excellent. There is one track that is full of great rock and roll with a solid bass and lead guitar that will make you head bang. Lots of cool sound effects. You can here HULK call out SMASH in the back ground as if he is a back-up singer. Edit: 150 game. Each character has there own sound track. The rules are solid. The unique play field lay out is very hard but refreshing. This is a very addicting pinball from the 4 different Skill shot. To the LED lighting that changes colors in each mode you are in. Awesome. Great multi-balls , and there are many. To collecting the different avengers. And going into a versus mode against the avengers you have collected is very hard and rewarding. It is one of the Best pinballs ever made and I have been collecting for 18 years. It is a must have .”

#27 9 years ago

Avengers is a great game .....my favorite out of my collection

#28 9 years ago

$3k? Buy it for that, play it for a year and then sell it for 3k. No brainer.

#29 9 years ago

Avengers Pro I love Avengers LE I sold and "liked".
Both are great -pro is faster and more open view.
Pros watch for NIB on Amazon they pop up shipped under $3700 from time to time.
LEs seem to pop up at 5-5500

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Definitely interested but long drive for mw

PM me if you wanna work out some details, perhaps we could meet halfway or so.

#31 9 years ago

Avengers is an under rated pin IMHO. I own the blue LE and have no plans for it to depart anytime soon. Like others have said, it did take more dialing in than usual. The shooter rod, Black Widow ramp, need to replace the pops caps, etc. Still, I love the game and it's second only to Tron in play time this past year. Good luck with your decision.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

need to replace the pops caps

The stock Pop with the different color dome look the best to me. I installed the captain America and took them off. But do what you want just my opinion .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-avengers-price-check-on-a-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.