• Premium/LE 50 votes
    68%
  • Pro 11 votes
    15%
  • No 13 votes
    18%

(74 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

Just watched the video of Keith Elwin playing AC/DC and toying with the idea of buying a machine. I'm big on the 90's williams/bally platforms and do have a PoTC from Stern. Never been a big fan of Stern mostly because of the playfield graphics quality and 2D art. Looking for a NIB and advice as to which model to get; Premium, LE or Pro and who is a good dealer. Thanks for you input.

#2 11 years ago

Add a F'n poll broseph

#3 11 years ago

You are unlikely to get LE NIB, if you can get one it will be way over retail. Buy a premium, same as LE minus shaker, trim and backglass. There does seem to be a waiting list at the moment though so that must tell you how good the game is!

#4 11 years ago

Got my game from Game Exchange - Pro was what I could afford. Easy transaction and I would get the game over and over, from him. Tron is a little more of my favorite but both games are best stern games I have played in a long time.

#5 11 years ago

F'n poll added

#6 11 years ago

The Pro is still an excellent game, but, if you can swing it, get the Premium. You will not regret it. I am certain it is a different experience from any of your other games. It is a keeper.

#7 11 years ago

It's better than the SWe1 you own, if that helps

#8 11 years ago

I traded my SWe1 and RFM for my Premium.
Never been happier.

#9 11 years ago

I have found a number of Premiums NIB for sale. If the difference between the LE and Premium is superficial than a Premium it is. FWIW, the one listed on EBAY for $11K is out of line.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

FWIW, the one listed on EBAY for $11K is out of line.

That's a LE if I am not mistaken.

#11 11 years ago

Got my AC/DC Premium NIB on Friday, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but so far I feel it's definitely ONE of (if not the) best pinball machines I've ever played. I say do it. Worst case, you don't like it, and you're out maybe a couple hundred bucks reselling it.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

I have found a number of Premiums NIB for sale. If the difference between the LE and Premium is superficial than a Premium it is. FWIW, the one listed on EBAY for $11K is out of line.

Only superficial differences between the LE and Premium. The Premium actually has better performance since they worked out issues like the cloudy lower playfield.

#13 11 years ago

Get a NIB premium if you can afford it. Otherwise, if you are as broke as I am, look for a second-hand Pro...often sold by someone upgrading to Premium...

You should love it in any case!

#14 11 years ago

Absolutely

#15 11 years ago

I just went through the same dilemma and the conclusion I came to was " fvck yeah"

#16 11 years ago

Boy the wife is not going to be happy. Fortunately she's an AC/DC fan and I'll ask for forgiveness. Now to find a dealer with a black version (not a fan of the red) NIB ready to ship and who is outside of CA (sales tax is wicked high). Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

#17 11 years ago

The black version is a $10k+ BIBLE or a $4k+ Pro

If you go premium all you get is red

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

Boy the wife is not going to be happy.

I thought the same thing, now AC/DC is all my wife plays.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

Now to find a dealer with a black version (not a fan of the red) NIB ready to ship

You are going to pay out the ass for a NIB Black version(BIBLE). Better off getting the premium and then changing the coloring. Unless you don't really care, then get the BIB.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

Now to find a dealer with a black version (not a fan of the red) NIB ready to ship and who is outside of CA

Went through Trent @ Tilt for my premium (http://www.tiltamusements.com/) Worked out awesome. I'm in CA, he is in OH, worked out nicely

#21 11 years ago

Dont get it. But when you do check with Mike at Flipper Fidelity.

#22 11 years ago

bought a NIB LE BIB when they were released (heavy drama that i got kinda screwed on a nice deal on a pre-pay that fell thru, and had to pay more for one from another source)..... BUT AFTER ALL SAID AND DONE.. thats just fine. I love it, the music - the rockin, i dont even care about heavy or light ruleset and all .. who gives a crap.. crank it up and basically keep the tracks rockin!!! but thats just me!

#23 11 years ago

Reached out to both Flipper Fidelity and Tilt. Neither have inventory but taking deposits on next build in April.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

Boy the wife is not going to be happy. Fortunately she's an AC/DC fan and I'll ask for forgiveness.

She will love the game. My wife told me to get mine after playing it at a local party. In all my years of collecting (20 years) she has never told me to buy a pin. It's my family's favorite pin now, in fact it's the only game we all play together. It's a keeper!

Pappy

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Dont get it.

Don't listen to him, he has TWO!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Don't listen to him, he has TWO!

LOL

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

She will love the game. My wife told me to get mine after playing it at a local party. In all my years of collecting (20 years) she has never told me to buy a pin. It's my family's favorite pin now, in fact it's the only game we all play together. It's a keeper!
Pappy

Same here. Friday night happy hour is getting in from work, pouring ourselves some beer or wine, and playing ACDC for awhile to kick off the weekend.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I traded my SWe1 and RFM for my Premium.
Never been happier.

thats one heck of a deal... for you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-an-acdc-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.