• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by brett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

I’m debating this one AFM remake LE.

My pins are totally modern and will be getting TNA in 8 or so months as well.

I’m debating to add AFM but the cost can buy me practically anything such as the next Stern or any current Stern.

I tend to keep my pins forever, will AFM be different enough from Met pro or SM for example to justify buying?

#2 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m debating this one AFM remake LE.
My pins are totally modern and will be getting TNA in 8 or so months as well.
I’m debating to add AFM but the cost can buy me practically anything such as the next Stern or any current Stern.
I tend to keep my pins forever, will AFM be different enough from Met pro or SM for example to justify buying?

if you've got the room and money, go for it. you can always sell it if it don't float your boat.

#3 9 months ago

For what it's worth I purchased an AFMse in September of 2017 and it is a fantastic pin. No regrets, worth every penny and will be in my collection for many years.

#5 9 months ago

I've had mine since September of last year and am 100% happy with it. I haven't really considered selling it, though I have my other games at one point or another in the past year.

#6 9 months ago

Here’s the elephant in the room.

Is it better than Maiden ???

#7 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s like asking which of your kids you love most. They’re different, and you’ll love both.

#9 9 months ago

i love my AFM LE

#10 9 months ago

You just say that so you can buy it in a few years?

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Just buy both. I did

#12 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

This is where you should play them both and decide. Either one is an investment in making you happy.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I'd vote AFMR LE, topper is way cool. And if you call for help, you get me.

#13 9 months ago

I have AFM r special edition it's one of 2 b/w games I own the others are more modern.

I really like it and so do guest's. The LE doesn't work I don't have ceiling height. Woz topper doesn't fit as well. I like the variety. Good luck.

#14 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

You just say that so you can buy it in a few years?

Yes!! Sounds like a good plan

#15 9 months ago

Yes, and while you are at it, purchase all the other new $6,000- $8000+ machines to help keep pinball alive.

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I have both in a small lineup.

IMDN is an instant classic; its deeper, longer ball times, tons to do and see.

AFM is a classic; more simple, but more brutal. While AFM can have at times a medium to long game; it's generally a Quicker ball time game.

Both have that one more game appeal but AFM more so as the games are shorter. IMDN leaves a carrot dangling every game which makes you want to play again.

I can't decide which I'd keep over the next. If you want a deeper game with lots to explore and do with a bit more unique layout; go maiden. If you want instant quick gratification with quick ball times, go AFM. I think today I'd pick IMDN for the x factor, which is the LCD. The screen on AFMRLE is gorgeous but the LCD with more info is nicer to have.

If you want a game in between those 2 that's both brutal and deep, go SW. It's better than both of them. Haha did I just say that out loud?

#17 9 months ago

I haven’t played Maiden yet but it looks damn good. All I can say is AFM has imo the most simple perfect rule set a game can have. Seriously it will make you a better player, I feel like I’m doing my pinball work out battling those Martians! I used to have an original but got the le and it’s like a HEP restore on steroids

#18 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

No it’s not better than IMDN. I have both, totally different of course. AFM is a classic, but IMDN is really unique and extremely fun to play. I do not like their music, but once I played it I didn’t care, it plays so smooth.

Whatever one you may choose, you can’t go wrong. If you can still get AFMLE I’d get it. IMDN premiums will be around for a while.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside