Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by donjagra
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Ok, considering buying a Bally Atlantis fpr a pretty decent price up here in Canada. ($750,000). It is in pretty decent shape but needs a few things done to it. My biggest concern is the lack of parts availability as it is a low production run machine. If it were something like many system 11s and the like that are a breeze to find parts for i wouldnt think twice. Any thoughts ?

#2 9 years ago

I would be very tempted to buy it solely for the translite art. Also given that is deoes have relatively low production numbers, in my mind makes it that much more desirable. Even if you do have to wait a bit for a part to come available, may be worth the wait.

G

#3 9 years ago

Since when is $750 thousand dollars a decent price?

J/K I think that is a good price depending on condition of the playfield. WHat are the "few things" it needs done?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Since when is $750 thousand dollars a decent price?

Sorry, typo lol.

Quoted from SadSack:

WHat are the "few things" it needs done?

Sounds like a small board issue which im not that worried about. Im more concerned with game specific parts if needed once i get it home and start doing my usual tear down and fix up on any old machines i buy. Ive looked around and there doesnt seem to be a lot available for this title.

#5 9 years ago

Parts or the ability to fix any of the boards are no problem.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Sounds like a small board issue which im not that worried about. Im more concerned with game specific parts if needed once i get it home and start doing my usual tear down and fix up on any old machines i buy. Ive looked around and there doesnt seem to be a lot available for this title.

Meaning playfield plastics? Not available, but I can see PPS having them done sometime in the future. They keep expanding their inventory for many types of parts for all titles.

I say go for it.

#7 9 years ago

Also used parts sometimes come up from people parting out machines as much as I hate hearing about that happening. Parts sometimes come up on Pinside and some on Ebay.

#8 9 years ago

I own one and it's a fun pin! See the Atlantis club

#9 9 years ago

If you dig the system 11 games for the most part, go for it. It is kind of like a sister to Space Station with the dual GI and all. I like that the drop targets award what is lit on the playfield vs just a ball lock. I recommend putting in red and cool white leds for the GI (and red for the pops). The game looks great then I have had no need for parts on this machine since owing it (6 months or so). My only knock on the machine is I wish the machine would have more music variety, good tunes for sure just wish there was more. It's an odd mix of Bally and Williams to be sure but I would not worry about any problems (minus any battery damage) Good luck, I have found it to be a fun game.

#10 9 years ago

Do it! It's a lot of fun.

#11 9 years ago

ok, i think ill make the move. Keep ya posted. Will post pics if i pick it up this weekend.

#13 9 years ago

I have one, it's a fun game. Go for it.

2 months later
#14 9 years ago

yes,fun game!!!!

#15 9 years ago

Do it. Games from that era are awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-buy-a-bally-atlantis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.