legend.gif
troy_krull.png
troy.jpg
9F8E5BF8-5397-48BC-9C5B-D2B558FFD5A6 (resized).png
027928D2-4A4F-425F-BE11-D7249606FE80 (resized).jpeg
241AFDE6-90B2-49E0-9000-22635A916A9C (resized).jpeg
9C51C313-D07E-4142-BBB1-18B6CE5F6C6F (resized).jpeg
D310FF9D-7D51-4C76-97DA-E7B6FD8FA01D (resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I am strongly considering bringing the Krull that I just bought to Expo. It is HEP restored. So some will say that im nuts for even considering it, but hey, its only pinball.

If I do, it will be in my booth, not freeplay area.

Who would like to play it?

9C51C313-D07E-4142-BBB1-18B6CE5F6C6F (resized).jpeg9C51C313-D07E-4142-BBB1-18B6CE5F6C6F (resized).jpeg027928D2-4A4F-425F-BE11-D7249606FE80 (resized).jpeg027928D2-4A4F-425F-BE11-D7249606FE80 (resized).jpeg241AFDE6-90B2-49E0-9000-22635A916A9C (resized).jpeg241AFDE6-90B2-49E0-9000-22635A916A9C (resized).jpegD310FF9D-7D51-4C76-97DA-E7B6FD8FA01D (resized).jpegD310FF9D-7D51-4C76-97DA-E7B6FD8FA01D (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I am strongly considering bringing the Krull that I just bought to Expo. It is HEP restored. So some will say that im nuts for even considering it, but hey, its only pinball.
Who would like to play it?

not sure who would say no to this haha! def bring it! I wont be there to play it but others will and that is awesome!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:Who would like to play it?

Everybody!

#4 4 years ago

Hell, It would be cool just to see, even if we could not play it.

#5 4 years ago

That would sway me to go...

#6 4 years ago

Don’t bring it!!

#7 4 years ago

It would be cool and everyone would love to see/play it, and you will hate yourself if anything happens to it.
It if was mine it would stay home.

I expect a lot of down votes on this one.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

It would be cool and everyone would love to see/play it, and you will hate yourself if anything happens to it.
It if was mine it would stay home.
I expect a lot of down votes on this one.

I know that is a very smart concern. However, majority of it is repairable, I have spare plastics, so not worried about those. And if it goes down, ill be working on it or having a friend help me, as I wouldn't want it to be there and not work. We are actually probably going to put it in a tournament at the end of the year if I still have it. Its useless to have these and not play them, Right?

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Don’t bring it!!

Why not bring it?

Quoted from Schusler:

That would sway me to go...

Looks like your going to expo, lol. Unless someone offers me something I couldn't refuse for it

#9 4 years ago

Congrats on acquiring that gem!! Very cool move if you do!

#10 4 years ago

Need a poll.
"Should I bring Krull to Expo 2019?"
I have an off-topic response but can't resist voting!
I own a Krull you should bring it.
I own a Krull do not bring it.
I have no skin in the game, am not going to Expo, and delight in creating extra work for other people. BRING IT!
No."

#11 4 years ago

No, bring it my house!

#12 4 years ago

Why is this even a question?

#14 4 years ago

Absolutely- I’ve never seen one before-and I’ll be at expo.

Is this the HEP Krull that he talked about on a recent Loserkid podcast?

#15 4 years ago

I admire anyone who brings top end or rare games to the shows so I'd have to vote "bring it". Especially since you can keep it in your booth.

I wouldn't be worried about the game holding up for a few hundred plays during the show but the wear and tear during transportation. You're right though, it's only Pinball.

#16 4 years ago

Never seen one and I’ll be at Expo. Would love it if you brought it. So please do!

#17 4 years ago

Bring it but stay with it! I like something that Rob Kahr does, which is take donations for a charity to play, $1 per game or something. It will end up with less overall plays, and the people who do end up playing will think about it harder and be more respectful of the game

#18 4 years ago

Pretty please

#19 4 years ago

Extremely generous of you to share this.
Anyone who gets the chance to play this should be very grateful.
Ill assume you have proper supervision of the game of course.
I wont be there to enjoy it sadly.

Possibly put it on coin op, donate the proceeds?

Jim

#20 4 years ago

I say bring, but make sure u verify overnight security, so that this machine doesn't get stolen.

#21 4 years ago

BRING IT!! the only reason I would have a game that rare would be to share with others. I’ll stop by at your booth for sure to check this out. Thanks in advance!!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Absolutely- I’ve never seen one before-and I’ll be at expo.
Is the the HEP Krull that he talked about on a recent Loserkid podcast?

Yes
Here is the restoration It took about 2 years
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album150

The cabinet would be my main concern. Just be careful moving it around because those colors,speckle patterns and even the sheen of the final matte clear can be nearly impossible to duplicate after 7 years just because materials change.

#23 4 years ago

@videogameseller you always unearth some gems. did anybody see the gem he unearthed at MGC this year?

#24 4 years ago

I would worry about the wear and tear during transportation.

#25 4 years ago

I am going and it would be Awesome to play it. My first Expo so it would be even more memorable with a game like that. Thanks for offering man very cool move.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

@videogameseller you always unearth some gems. did anybody see the gem he unearthed at MGC this year?

I know he brought goin nuts to MGC a few years ago. That was awesome !

#27 4 years ago

Wish I could attend even more now. I wonder what this machine would bring in today's crazy pinball market. 35k? 50k?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Wish I could attend even more now. I wonder what this machine would bring in today's crazy pinball market. 35k? 50k?

50+ easy.

I would be surprised if he does not already have multiple offers over 50

Being the only HEP krull I think 70+ is in range

#29 4 years ago

Somebody suck this man’s dick!

9F8E5BF8-5397-48BC-9C5B-D2B558FFD5A6 (resized).png9F8E5BF8-5397-48BC-9C5B-D2B558FFD5A6 (resized).png
#30 4 years ago

Your nuts to bring that! I have a nice big wod of gum to put underneath it and I am brining my gum crew. That is perfection!

#31 4 years ago

Such a gorgeous game. I'd go to the expo if you bring it otherwise wasn't even considering going

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Why is this even a question?

Attention

#33 4 years ago

And Troy isn't just bringing Krull for people to play, but has also donated some MTZ Arcade shirts for the Project Pinball Silent Auction. He is a great guy and giving us the shirts off his back (Dad joke, I know). Thanks!

troy.jpgtroy.jpg
#34 4 years ago

Considering I sell games for a living, yes, I do want to bring attention to what I have to offer. But Unlike most people that sell games, I enjoy getting games out in the public. I have insured that more of the rare games out there have been on displays at either expo or MGC, something most would never do.

Quoted from Barakawins1:

Such a gorgeous game. I'd go to the expo if you bring it otherwise wasn't even considering going

Get your flight then, its gonna be there

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Get your flight then, its gonna be there

#36 4 years ago

This is awesome. I can't wait to play it.

#37 4 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks in advance Troy. As a gtb fan and a krull fan, I am pumped. Never thought I would ever even seen one, let alone play one!

See you on Thursday! Of expo.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Who would like to play it?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

troy_krull.pngtroy_krull.png
#39 4 years ago

Bring it and have someone stream that thing.

#40 4 years ago

Thanks a ton in advance! Never played one, and I loved the movie as a kid. Always a sucker for that cheesy '80s fantasy stuff. Now someone just needs to make a Legend pin, and Labyrinth, and...

#41 4 years ago

This is a real treat. Not only will people get to play Krull, but they will get to play the nicest Krull existing. Very nice of the OP to do this.
I played Krull at Tim Arnolds years ago. Fun game.

#42 4 years ago

Now if someone had a Krull video game to bring, that would top it off. !!

#43 4 years ago

I would have it for display only. Then pick a time to stream it. Im sure everyone will be responsible around it.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

for display only

Yes. Pinball is for display only. Do not play. Just dust.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. Pinball is for display only. Do not play. Just dust.

Eric, you know me well enough, I might not play my games much, but I enjoy seeing people enjoy things. Im not bringing it up to let people "look" at it, it will be able to be played. Although I have had a few people suggest making people make a donation to charity to play it. I want people to play it period. As for streaming some play on it. Im considering that, several want to stream it, just figuring how that would work, so need to figure that out

#46 4 years ago

oh, and just to clarify, I am no longer "considering" doing this. I AM DOING IT, Krull will be in my booth for people to see and enjoy. Am I nuts for doing this, sure, but its only pinball, and they were built to be played. Hopefully it will stay running, but if not, ill have Gavin and Rob on stand by to fix anything that I cant

#47 4 years ago

Troy;

Kick ass, man, kick ass.
I can't make it to play but going to say I this is just too cool.
Still remember playing your Q-Berts Quest a few years ago.

-Hans

#48 4 years ago

Troy,

kudos for bringing this. I'd definitely be up for a buck or two per try to donate to charity for a chance to play something so rare.

Thanks,
EV

#49 4 years ago

Sh!t, if I was going it would be the first game I'd play.

#50 4 years ago

Just put a sign next to it
If anyone manhandles it, i have the right to kick you in the nutsack on stage with audience!

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-bring-krull-to-expo?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.