(Topic ID: 104257)

should I be nervous with ebay/paypal payment for my game?

By rcbrown316

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

OH SHIT NOW i'M NERVOUS. I TOOK A PAYPAL PAYMENT VIA EBAY WHICH IS PENDING FOR 7 DAYS. THE MACHINE IS BEING PICKED UP BY sti//navl/MICHELLE BIANCHI Tomorrow morning. The buyer set up the shipping though so he must have paid them. That makes me more comfortable about releasing the machine but i figured i'd post the question to be safe and found vids thread on how not to get ripped off. The buyer has little to no feedback on ebay and hasn't been pressing me or responding to my status updates. What should I do? i have time to back out but not much.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Don't do it...tell STI to wait. They will

wtf man. i thought PP was bullet proof. i am going to heed the advice of all of you . I'd rather piss someone off and have them back out than get f_cked.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Hmm.. I usually keep the game until payment clears but I understand your perdicament. The buyer pays NAVL when the game is delivered.. not when scheduling delivery so you are not out of the weeds yet. I would ask for a phone number of the buyer and have a phone conversation about your concerns and maybe push back the pick-up time. Paypal/eBay loves to side with the buyers so you need to cover yourself!

Look at this. I sent this a few minutes ago. "Kevin you there? I need to verify shipping with you"

Response (to another older message): "Hey Rob

The address Is

_______________ Drive
    Florissant, MO 63031

P.S. send me something good"

There's no reference to the game and there never was. There really were never any bids until this one and he didnt ask questions until after he won and the question was about shipping. WTF was I thinking?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I know there is a big time collector/retailer in Florissant MO. If you PM me the name I can see if your ok with him.

thanks man I just sent it to you

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

One would have to be crazy to let anyone take a machine without the cash in hand....it's a no brainer.....if you let it go a I'm a victim thread will soon follow.... .............Joey

I agree wholeheartedly man. Thanks to you guys I didn't do something naive. It was my first ebay transaction on the selling side. I was pretty jacked to get rid of the game so I had the newbie, excitable-pinhead glasses on. I have cancelled the pickup tomorrow. I think I'll go downstairs and cuddle with my F-14 now. Again I can't thank all of you guys enough. I think this is a dirty deal and you saved my ss.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Sorry, this is VERY bad advice. Google it, search Pinside or RGP. Ebay and PP have tilted the playing field 100% in favor of buyers. When the buyer gets the game and says it is broken, not as described, or isn't even the same game he bought, you are done for. A well know guy sent a NIB BK to a buyer and the buyer put a beat up BK in the box, took pics and the seller lost the whole deal.
    I had 1000+ feedbacks, 100% on ebay, over a 12 year period. I sold an item to a 5 feedback guy, he paid with pp and i shipped it. I got the tracking back, he signed for it. Then he disputes with ebay and pp, said he got an empty box. My tracking showed it weighed 6.5 pounds when it left here. They sided with him, refunded his money. He has the goods, he has the money, and I'm not on ebay anymore.

Wow. I did cancel the pickup. Again thanks to you guys I didnt lose a 1900 machine. When I go to one of the events and finally meet, you drinks are on me...

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from t2:

You should have known it was a scam when someone agreed to pay $1900 for an F-14. Was it new in the box?

Well I told him it was new in the box but it really wasn't

1900.00 is what I payed for it because I was new and impatient. The auction was won at 1525.00 though.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

Do you owe fleabay now for the closing fees?

no I refunded the guy the pending payment and they didn't charge me anything.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

I would go on Ebay and go to the site map and check your account balance...
    Just sending a refund does not Wipe Out the ebay fees, usually the buyer and seller BOTH have to agree the transaction was canceled..
    Personally, I think the end of Ebay is near... all these rule changes to attract more buyers, is just bringing out the scumbags and scammers..

I talked to ebay on the phone during this process. We walked through and confirmed the refund. I also got verbal confirmation that my account would not be charged. Everything is documented in a case with a number. No more ebay for selling machines.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from tim_sanderson:

Are you kidding? I think your sarcasm-meter is busted or something.

Let's give Tim a pass on this one

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

I'm selling a CC to a guy in Australia who was looking for one on here, does this 180 days apply to Paypal transactions outside of ebay?

Internet escrow service

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-be-nervous-with-ebaypaypal-payment-for-my-game?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.