Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mato
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

With not to many pins showing up in Sydney for sale, and the ones that do show up re very over priced. I recently found a fish tales on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181199254246&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Its around a 6 hour round trip to collect. Do you think I should be all over this and will be able to flip it in the future.

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Worst eBay ad ever...... It might be worth a look if it was around the corner from you?

#3 10 years ago

Unless you cannot get a pin otherwise I would pass. Very little detail, look to be intentionally bad pictures and cabinet fade. I would not drive 6 hours away for this ebay ad.

If FT is one of your grail games maybe I would sing a different tune.

Ultimately up to you best of luck in whatever you decide.

#4 10 years ago

Not really you might make a small amount.. But factor in petrol money etc not worth the time unless you wanna keep it

#5 10 years ago

I think maybe I should fill up a container and head to Sydney, where the pins are short and the women are plenty.

#6 10 years ago

Do not forget your Zombie and Vegimite.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Not really you might make a small amount.. But factor in petrol money etc not worth the time unless you wanna keep it

giggles.... petrol.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

giggles.... petrol.

Ditto. I don't think I could ever get used to gas being called petrol.

#9 10 years ago

Pass

#10 10 years ago

I happen to like Fish Tales.....very very much.....and seek to one day purchase one. Buying sight unseen on Ebay with only a few grainy photos to go by.....is a huge risk. There is obvious cabinet fade. Photos of the playfield are vague.

One of 2 things is taking place with this seller. Either they are new to selling on Ebay and don't have a clue.
I happen to think the most likely scenairio is the seller is intentionally offering little info on the pin because its a somewhat worn out machine. (money pit)

Email the seller and ask for more info, more photo close ups, etc. If for any reason, the seller doesn't do everything possible to give more info to a potential buyer, it is unquestionably a red flag, and the pin is to be avoided

#11 10 years ago

Ask for large pics to be e-mailed to you and a video link of it running where the guy mentions your name in the video... that way you know it is specifically the machine in question. The cab fade does look pretty bad. You have no idea what the playfield condition is either. If a mint one came up for sale for 3.5k I don't know that I could make myself drive that far for one and I do actually like the game and have played a real one. However that being said... supply/demand in the US is completely different... so... 2+k and 6 hours might be more acceptable there for one that looks potentially worn.

#12 10 years ago

Not for a Fish Tales, not for that price.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Not for a Fish Tales, not for that price.

He's in Australia, so I don't think the price is really that far off for the region (but I have really no idea). Six hours round trip isn't all that bad. I guess I'd shoot the guy a message, see if he can get you some more (better) pics. That should at least give you a better idea.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

Worst eBay ad ever...... It might be worth a look if it was around the corner from you?

I'll never understand how/why someone fails to put THE TITLE OF THE GAME they are selling in the auction description. How does that slip someone's mind? Based on everything there, I don't think the description is intentionally misleading, I just think the seller is an idiot.

#15 10 years ago

3hrs is not exactly a long ways- if you like the play of ft id go take a look at it if its decent shoot him a deal.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He's in Australia, so I don't think the price is really that far off for the region (but I have really no idea). Six hours round trip isn't all that bad. I guess I'd shoot the guy a message, see if he can get you some more (better) pics. That should at least give you a better idea.

Regardless of distance and price, it's still a Fish Tales...

Also, the Australian dollar is getting close to the American dollar. Usually it's about 1 AUD = .9 USD, making it about a $2,000 Fish Tales that has some sketchy photos to judge from.

#17 10 years ago

My point was not about exchange rate, but more-so the sheer lack of games in Australia. Pinball seems popular there, but there simply aren't many machines to go around. I don't know how much more a machine costs in their part of the world compared to ours, but I'd expect to pay quite a bit more there.

#18 10 years ago

Did you buy it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-be-all-over-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.