New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 223455)

Should I add GB to MM and MB?

By Notpinhead

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

56450BEB-FA16-487F-B485-AA8F719E925D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 2 years ago

GB premium was the first pinball machine I bought, and it is now part of my 3 pin collection (with TSPP and Sopranos). I am an average player, but with the tweaks above, and with the slightly longer “carrot” flippers, it plays great (though still tough) and is a blast.

I may sell it at some point, but at the moment GB would be the last to leave. It’s really a shame Stern didn’t tweak GB a bit more before release, but the fixes are pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, most people only get to play the location examples which are often a mess. The linear modes don’t bother me. Aside from scoring imbalances, incomplete wizard modes, and some annoying bugs, the code is pretty good IMHO. Updates have taken much longer than they should have, but I’m hopeful the next update will polish it off nicely. Don’t let the haters scare you off.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If you are not that great playing pinball, you’ll hate Ghostbusters after a while. One of the things (among many) that would prevent me from owning a GB is that the width between the flippers is wider, making the gameplay more difficult.

Install the slightly longer “carrot” flippers. Problem solved. The game is still tough, but not as frustrating for weaker players.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbus, OH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside