• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56450BEB-FA16-487F-B485-AA8F719E925D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider notpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

For a long time, my pinball collection only included two pinballs: #MM and #MB. I think it is time to add a third pinball.

On the one hand, I think about going for another timeless pinball. #AFM is the first that come to my mind, but I cannot stop thinking that it is a subset of MM.

On the other hand, I think about adding something different. Maybe it is time to go for a Sten pinball. #GB is the Stern pinball that we (my wife and myself) enjoy the more (we had the opportunity to play all the last models of Stern).

To be honest, the experience of a NIB is something that puts a smile on my face, BUT a GB premium is enough money (in my country it sets you back 8300€) to buy other great pinballs.

Do you think MM, MB and GB is a good combination?

#32 5 years ago

Today we played dial in and other sterns for a few hours. See attachment. Maybe dial in should have the theme of GB

Quoted from JJHLH:

I had a GB Premium. It’s a fun game but I definitely prefer AFM. If you add AFM to your collection you will arguably have the top 3 games ever made.

I noticed a lot of people have MM and AFM simultaneously, but, as I said AFM is a subset of MM. maybe I am wrong and I should go that way.

I am surprised of the very bad opinions regarding GB. It seems there is consensus about:
- TOP theme
- great light show
- great art

Maybe it is because it is a hard game? The code seems to miss an update that might polish things a bit.

56450BEB-FA16-487F-B485-AA8F719E925D (resized).jpeg56450BEB-FA16-487F-B485-AA8F719E925D (resized).jpeg
#44 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No, many other better pins to choose from to round off your collection. As a simple, yet valuable piece of advice for what to add to your current 2 pin collection:
Buy a 3+ flipper pin.

We love TSPP, and we was considering it as the next adition to our small collection, BUT we were mesmerized by the light show of GB. We really do not know which one should be our next step.

- add GB to MM&MB: GOOD: NIB experience, 201X model (light-show, shaker...). BAD: too many complaints suggest that fun may not last as we play it more.

- add AFM to MM&MB: GOOD: great game BAD: overlaping with MM

- add TSPP MM&MB: GOOD: different (3+ flipper) BAD: not as great as AFM, no NIB experience, no 201X model.

In all the three cases, we like both the game and the theme.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have you tried/considered:
Twilight Zone
Shadow
White Water?
Tron

I do not like TZ. Maybe I am not that good playing pinball.

I really like both Shadow and White Water, but my space for pinball is limited to have all of them.

I never had the opportunity of playing Tron.

BTW, this community is GREAT, thank you for all your replies

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have afmr, woz rr, and met premium as my three games. I just got metallica premium nib last week. I got rid of sw le which was fun but wanted something different. You may want to consider metallica, ac/dc as these are in top 10 on pinside and will stop being made at some point.

In my humble opinion, I think Tops are much less reliable for new models.

#64 5 years ago

We played like 20 times GB pro version and 10 times GB premium version. We like it it, and it was our first option, but we think feedback from others pinheads is very important since they may know the evolution of the experience over time.

The problem here is that in Spain a NIB (premiun + shaker) sets you back 8500€ (9.848$). That is enough money to buy other pinballs that are proven to be fun. As I said, AFM is one of them. TSPP is also other option.

Our fear is that we stop enjoying GB over time, and that its market value becomes low to prevet changing it for AFM or even TSPP. Checking the market of pinside, there are 3 premiun avalaible for about 6600$ each.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider notpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-add-gb-to-mm-and-mb?tu=notpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.