New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 223455)

Should I add GB to MM and MB?

By Notpinhead

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

56450BEB-FA16-487F-B485-AA8F719E925D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago

No, many other better pins to choose from to round off your collection. As a simple, yet valuable piece of advice for what to add to your current 2 pin collection:

Buy a 3+ flipper pin.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Notpinhead:

We love TSPP, and we was considering it as the next adition to our small collection, BUT we were mesmerized by the light show of GB. We really do not know which one should be our next step.
- add GB to MM&MB: GOOD: NIB experience, 201X model (light-show, shaker...). BAD: too many complaints suggest that fun may not last as we play it more.
- add AFM to MM&MB: GOOD: great game BAD: overlaping with MM
- add TSPP MM&MB: GOOD: different (3+ flipper) BAD: not as great as AFM, no NIB experience, no 201X model.
In all the three cases, we like both the game and the theme.

Have you tried/considered:
Twilight Zone
Shadow
White Water?
Tron

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Notpinhead:

I do not like TZ. Maybe I am not that good playing pinball.
I really like both Shadow and White Water, but my space for pinball is limited to have all of them.
I never had the opportunity of playing Tron.
BTW, this community is GREAT, thank you for all your replies

If you are not that great playing pinball, you’ll hate Ghostbusters after a while. One of the things (among many) that would prevent me from owning a GB is that the width between the flippers is wider, making the gameplay more difficult.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Tron is a bit overrated imo. It's kind of like GB in that it has a lot of great ingredients and things I like but just doesn't come together somehow. Congo has a very similar layout and I absolutely love that game. Pinball can be weird like that. I usually don't like stop-and-go pins but TZ is my favorite of all time. Not sure really why but just like playing it. Do agree with others that in the end, get the game you want and don't listen to anyone else.

But if he didn’t want to listen to anybody else, why create a topic?

FYI, Congo is excellent and would recommend above Tron. I was going to suggest Congo, but thought it may be too rare/obscure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside