• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56450BEB-FA16-487F-B485-AA8F719E925D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Go with your personal preference.
I've owned a lot of games. I'm an average to below average player and it definitely impacts on my enjoyment of certain games. GB really spoke to me and I ordered a NIB Premium. Bottom line for me, Its just too hard. I spend most of my time bricking shots and rarely see a multi ball. I would love to say its not set up properly, but thats not the case. My somewhat pinball talented son has no trouble making shots and enjoys it. I would sell it if my young son didn't love it.
At 47, the theme for me is probably TOP 10 licenses of all time.
Sadly, game difficulty is also TOP 10 for me.
Best of Luck!

Feel the same. Love the theme and enjoyed playing for a while. More I played it the more I didn't like it. I remember several pinsiders recommending playing a game 50 times or more before buying to make sure it's a game you really want. That's advice I follow now. Thought for sure I was getting GB when announced but not after playing a bunch. If you guys like it then great. I just don't know about spending a huge premium on one. Are all new pins very expensive there or just Stern games? I would suggest DI as well if about same price.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, you’re extremely lucky then. You’ve seen the complaints, so you know it’s a real issue for most. I’ve played well over 20 GB machines...Pro, Prem, LE...and every single one had the same issues.

I have not played that many GB machines but more than a few. Same experience. They all had similar issues and cheap drains which made gameplay less fun. Premiums seem to play better than pros but have their own quirks. I would love to play one that played well and worked right. Code also seems very unbalanced imo. Things like scoring where the more points you have the easier it is to get a lot more points. It's probably a decent game once you address all the design problems, get to know the rules, and play a certain way. I just don't see the point of going through all that for big $$$ when there are so many better games out there that play great right out of the box.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Notpinhead:

I do not like TZ. Maybe I am not that good playing pinball.
I really like both Shadow and White Water, but my space for pinball is limited to have all of them.
I never had the opportunity of playing Tron.
BTW, this community is GREAT, thank you for all your replies

Tron is a bit overrated imo. It's kind of like GB in that it has a lot of great ingredients and things I like but just doesn't come together somehow. Congo has a very similar layout and I absolutely love that game. Pinball can be weird like that. I usually don't like stop-and-go pins but TZ is my favorite of all time. Not sure really why but just like playing it. Do agree with others that in the end, get the game you want and don't listen to anyone else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 103.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-add-gb-to-mm-and-mb?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.