• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56450BEB-FA16-487F-B485-AA8F719E925D (resized).jpeg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have you tried/considered:
Twilight Zone
Shadow
White Water?
Tron

I do not like TZ. Maybe I am not that good playing pinball.

I really like both Shadow and White Water, but my space for pinball is limited to have all of them.

I never had the opportunity of playing Tron.

BTW, this community is GREAT, thank you for all your replies

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Notpinhead:

I really like both Shadow and White Water, but my space for pinball is limited to have all of them.

If you are not that great playing pinball, you’ll hate Ghostbusters after a while. One of the things (among many) that would prevent me from owning a GB is that the width between the flippers is wider, making the gameplay more difficult.

#53 5 years ago

GB is a decent choice, but I think something with more flippers, like Iron Maiden or Star Trek might be a nice change of pace.

#54 5 years ago

I don't know why we need to talk a fellow pinsider out of his wish's..... OK we get it , there are a lot of folks on here that don't like GB. Im not one.

Its a very cool game . Let's put in positive reinforcement " pun intended " and help him decide what he like' out of the games he has chosen and not make it a GB bash fest.

Just a though

#55 5 years ago

I have afmr, woz rr, and met premium as my three games. I just got metallica premium nib last week. I got rid of sw le which was fun but wanted something different. You may want to consider metallica, ac/dc as these are in top 10 on pinside and will stop being made at some point.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have afmr, woz rr, and met premium as my three games. I just got metallica premium nib last week. I got rid of sw le which was fun but wanted something different. You may want to consider metallica, ac/dc as these are in top 10 on pinside and will stop being made at some point.

In my humble opinion, I think Tops are much less reliable for new models.

#57 5 years ago

I say get it..great game and very different layout if you go premium. Shots are satisfying and the game can be difficult but it keeps me coming back for more.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If you are not that great playing pinball, you’ll hate Ghostbusters after a while. One of the things (among many) that would prevent me from owning a GB is that the width between the flippers is wider, making the gameplay more difficult.

Install the slightly longer “carrot” flippers. Problem solved. The game is still tough, but not as frustrating for weaker players.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Notpinhead:

Tron is a bit overrated imo. It's kind of like GB in that it has a lot of great ingredients and things I like but just doesn't come together somehow. Congo has a very similar layout and I absolutely love that game. Pinball can be weird like that. I usually don't like stop-and-go pins but TZ is my favorite of all time. Not sure really why but just like playing it. Do agree with others that in the end, get the game you want and don't listen to anyone else.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Tron is a bit overrated imo. It's kind of like GB in that it has a lot of great ingredients and things I like but just doesn't come together somehow. Congo has a very similar layout and I absolutely love that game. Pinball can be weird like that. I usually don't like stop-and-go pins but TZ is my favorite of all time. Not sure really why but just like playing it. Do agree with others that in the end, get the game you want and don't listen to anyone else.

But if he didn’t want to listen to anybody else, why create a topic?

FYI, Congo is excellent and would recommend above Tron. I was going to suggest Congo, but thought it may be too rare/obscure.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I don't know why we need to talk a fellow pinsider out of his wish's..... OK we get it , there are a lot of folks on here that don't like GB. Im not one.

Great, so what exactly is the point then?
I don't think he's picked GB has he? still seems still looking for advices and people are sharing theirs

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I say get it..great game and very different layout if you go premium. Shots are satisfying and the game can be difficult but it keeps me coming back for more.

100% agree!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Great, so what exactly is the point then?
I don't think he's picked GB has he? still seems still looking for advices and people are sharing theirs

I’m not saying that..... he and his wife feel they already like GB. No point in throwing our individual opinions “ good or bad I guess “ about the game.

My impression was he is trying to decide between the three ... that’s all

#64 5 years ago

We played like 20 times GB pro version and 10 times GB premium version. We like it it, and it was our first option, but we think feedback from others pinheads is very important since they may know the evolution of the experience over time.

The problem here is that in Spain a NIB (premiun + shaker) sets you back 8500€ (9.848$). That is enough money to buy other pinballs that are proven to be fun. As I said, AFM is one of them. TSPP is also other option.

Our fear is that we stop enjoying GB over time, and that its market value becomes low to prevet changing it for AFM or even TSPP. Checking the market of pinside, there are 3 premiun avalaible for about 6600$ each.

#65 5 years ago

Your feelings about a game Trump anything that anyone here chimes in with.

But if you're asking opinions...

If you like the ruleset and layout of MM and MB, then how about MET?

Lots of similarities, but much more depth.

Also, for the money aGB will set you back, you can get a lot more value in a JJP game.

#66 5 years ago

I owned a GBLE and loved this game out of the box.
However, unfortunately, after a few months of ownership, it really wore me down.
It has a number of punishing shots which will reward you with a very quick drain down the middle or straight to the outlines.
It has awesome theme integration and some very cool toys/shots; but I think the frustration level of these insta-drains makes it a tough long-term keeper.
Again, I really, really enjoyed this pin for a while and initially thought this was an all time keeper. (As evidenced by my early Pinside posts).
I think this will go down as one of the more polarizing Stern pins.
Btw- I sold this to a friend and his family all love the game. They aren’t serious pin-heads but find the game totally engaging.
MM and MB are two of the greatest pins of all time. GB is a very different sort of play.
In any event, it all comes down to personal taste- different strokes for different folks and all.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Set up properly, ghostbusters is a great game, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. Good sound, great theme integration, different playfield layout. There is also rumor of a code update and hopefully followed by a color dmd release. Mainly you just need airball protectors for the middle area and the in/outlines.

2nd that and love me LE. It is “dialed in” perfectly! Smooth play, great challenge and love the sound and theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eden Prairie, MN
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
15,999 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-add-gb-to-mm-and-mb/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.