(Topic ID: 217763)

Should Cocktail Pinballs be made again?

By PinballNZ

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should they make Cocktail pinballs again?”

• Yes , with a good cabinet design, game play - whats not to like! 31 votes
      39%
    • No, they didn't sell well before , why would they now? 34 votes
      43%
    • Not Sure - depends on the design, playability and cost. 14 votes
      18%

(79 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

717e9e9a805bd29910bf6eda94822832a122bb7f (resized).jpg
    IMG_9642 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9641 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9640 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9638 (resized).JPG
    5211410e887a6dfd9143b0b791b49d87cee0cc18.jpg
    70e838fca0f8f1807e40763ef55d0b30609a18f2.jpg
    ccruise02 (resized).jpg
    ccruise01 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    image-9 (resized).jpg
    soccerball2 (resized).jpg
    alving_soccerball1 (resized).jpg
    image-5 (resized).jpg
    Cocktail (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

Andrew Heighway wanted one - I don't know how far Dave Sanders went with the design of that table. The LCD display on the PF would have been perfect.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They were always a neat novelty but I just don’t think it works for pinball.

It won't sell thousands for sure. But if the project is viable with a few hundreds - Spooky scale - why not?
    I could be tempted.
    Real advantage for me is that, space being limited, the wife wouldn't count it as a pinball machine and it would end in the living room near the sofa... it's also a fun way to initiate new people as it is far less intimidating than a real pinball machine.

Rotation VIII is not exactly of tournament caiiber (far from it !), but it's fun for casual play.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

My comment was in regards to how difficult it is to package cocktail games into an arcade.

But you can put them somewhere else than in arcade!
    A pin in the living room is a no go for the wife but a cocktail table... may be.

And it can be fun in a bar - check North Star in Montreal for example; they have at least one.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/8614-north-star-machines-piastres-montreal-qc

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I guess the question is, would you pay $4000 for a new one?

Why so cheap? Put the supreme logo in the middle of the PF and sell it for $9995!

More seriously... depends on what you get for $4000. Curious to see what a designer could do now with the physical limitations imposed by a cocktail table format.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-cocktail-pinballs-be-made-again?tu=jlm33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.